Najee Harris- pick #33?

GREENBEAN

23 minutes ago, Stark said:

since the JETS do the opposite of what I want, yeah Im sure somehow CJ will talk himself into, or let Gase convince him to give him another shot..

I hope to hell not, i would have fired him after last season, the last 8 games excuse was fabricated "finished strong" lol nah we just played the worst teams and still didn't have great offensive performances. Actually I never wanted to hire him. 

haha.  I gotcha. I can relate.  Hell, this is the first draft Since Marvin Jones (Maybe Sam) that the Jets actually took the position I wanted in the 1st AND 2nd.  JD at least has that going for him.  Jets fans know almost exactly what this team needs and every year the Jets don't do it.  It's really not rocket science.  Taking Becton and Mims on top of a pass rusher and CB in the same draft is a damned good way to start.  

have faith.  Gase is a goner. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

haha I like that. 

There's a wonderful logic to that. We should do that with every position. This way our draft picks wouldn't play until their 3rd season.  Well done. :) 

You're too late. What do you think CJ Mosley is doing? Setting the precedent. 

2 minutes ago, pointman said:

You're too late. What do you think CJ Mosley is doing? Setting the precedent. 

Sounds about right.  I'm usually late to the dance. It's nothing new for me. lol 

CJ Mosely...why you ruining my nice morning with that guy's name.  Yet another problem JD will have to undo. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, GREENBEAN said:

Sounds about right.  I'm usually late to the dance. It's nothing new for me. lol 

CJ Mosely...why you ruining my nice morning with that guy's name.  Yet another problem JD will have to undo. 

My bad. If it makes you feel better, as soon as I typed out that ahole's name, it ruined my day. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

lol  I hear ya. 

It's just a fun that he scored 5 TD's in one game :)  That's rare against the worst of teams.  

Yeah I know.   I'm on Ole Miss fan so I know how bad they are.   Between the jets and Ole Miss, it's a wonder I don't have alcohol poisoning.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

3picks in the top 35 this year. Gotta come away with a new offense. Lawrence, then either Etienne or Najee, OL or WR.

You can't have an Offense without an O line. So, I think the Seattle first round or Jets second round has to be a C. I'd go WR with the other pick because I think you can still get a very good RB with the Jets 3rd round pick.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Ok man, Its 2:25am and I can't sleep so here I am.  I know it's early in the process, but I'd like to throw this guys name into the ring for a candidate for the Seattle 1st or our 2nd rd pick. This highlught vid is from one game. ONE GAME!!

It's against Ole Miss and Harris scores 5 TD's. Running, Catching, Bull dozing, Spinning, Burning the defense. This is the closest thing to Derek Henry at 6'2" 230lbs. 

I think it's time we throw some good old fashioned premium draft capital at a dominant RB to go with our new QB and 3rd rd Guards :) 

Any thoughts to the contrary? 

I think it’s all about timing. I think I’d bring in a really good back if the oline was set. But I also don’t think they need to use a first rounder or high second rounder. They can use the third round or bring in a free agent or even a guy like monsters who has knocked around on a few teams.

16 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Ok man, Its 2:25am and I can't sleep so here I am.  I know it's early in the process, but I'd like to throw this guys name into the ring for a candidate for the Seattle 1st or our 2nd rd pick. This highlught vid is from one game. ONE GAME!!

It's against Ole Miss and Harris scores 5 TD's. Running, Catching, Bull dozing, Spinning, Burning the defense. This is the closest thing to Derek Henry at 6'2" 230lbs. 

I think it's time we throw some good old fashioned premium draft capital at a dominant RB to go with our new QB and 3rd rd Guards :) 

Any thoughts to the contrary? 

Agreed good idea. You know what rang a bell when you brought up the draft picks. If we get the top pick tied with nobody else and Seahawks won the SB, then the 1st rounder they give us and our 2nd rounder would be back to back. At one though it sounds like we get a bad 1st round pick there, but on another though it makes it like we get 3 1st rounders since our 2nd is really like a 1st round pick.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

You can't have an Offense without an O line. So, I think the Seattle first round or Jets second round has to be a C. I'd go WR with the other pick because I think you can still get a very good RB with the Jets 3rd round pick.

I wouldn’t argue it, if there’s a top 40 center in this draft. Otherwise, you play the hand you’re dealt.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Agreed good idea. You know what rang a bell when you brought up the draft picks. If we get the top pick tied with nobody else and Seahawks won the SB, then the 1st rounder they give us and our 2nd rounder would be back to back. At one though it sounds like we get a bad 1st round pick there, but on another though it makes it like we get 3 1st rounders since our 2nd is really like a 1st round pick.

Right on. There are lots of ways to play with it in our minds. There are those that say the Last 1st is really a 2nd and all that but either way; It's 3 picks in the top 33. That's pretty good.  JD has shown a desire to shake and bake with trades and moves. He's a good GM to have and so far we have not gotten the low end of these deals.  I look forward to what he is going to do with this franchise. 

6 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

3picks in the top 35 this year. Gotta come away with a new offense. Lawrence, then either Etienne or Najee, OL or WR.

Agreed. The only forgivable break in that thinking is for a legitimate pass rusher talent.  But yeah. JD has set us up nicely to rework this thing. 

Reminds me of a clone of another former Alabama RB; Derrick Henry. 

I'd be so excited if we walked away from the draft with Trevor Lawrence during our 1st overall and Najee Harris with our first pick of the 2nd round. 

With our Seattle/Jamal pick I'd love TE Kyle Pitts out of Florida Gators during the 1st round.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Reminds me of a clone of another former Alabama RB; Derrick Henry. 

I'd be so excited if we walked away from the draft with Trevor Lawrence during our 1st overall and Najee Harris with our first pick of the 2nd round. 

With our Seattle/Jamal pick I'd love TE Kyle Pitts out of Florida Gators during the 1st round.  

If Pitts last that long. I’m thinking he goes in the mid first. He would be a great weapon though.

25 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Right there with you on this one. Harris or Etienne with our second or late first would solid.

Hopefully we can land Joe Thuney in FA. 

No way on Joe Thuney he's a product of Brady making everyone look 10x better than they really are including Bill. Thuney has been absolute dog crap this season. 

Thing is with Harris compared to say an Etienne is that Harris is an immediate 3 down back in the NFL, he's already an excellent blocker in pass protection and an exceptional pass-catcher, and his size indicates there is nothing that will stop that from transferring to the NFL. His quick twitch in short areas is exceptional. He's the prototypical first round talent that plays a second round position. I would love him on the Jets. 

In no way shape or form should the Jets draft a RB early. DT or TE should be the way to go. Never hurt us before.

Seriously though, if we don’t focus on the OL then we are straight up stupid. If the OL can’t block for the QB and RB it doesn’t matter who you draft at RB or WR. Having said that, it’s very rare of first round RB shows the same or more value than any other position drafted in the same spot.