Tua vs Fitzpatrick

GreekJet

1 hour ago, Ben Had said:

Tua is a rookie who just had his first bad game 11/20 83yrds 1Td...he's played in 5 gams and started 4 with 3 wins. Miami's OC is being very carful with him by calling plays that limit what he can do.

One amazing fact is...he has yet to through an int...I can't remember a rookie QB going 4 games without an int...

You clearly don't watch football his first game was bad too.

Calm down gang, they're going to throttle us no matter who the QB is....

That said, I know Flores is the darling of the NFL right now but benching Tua was stupid.  You dont do that to a kid.  You have to let him play through it.  Dumb AF if you ask me.  That said, I've never been sold on Tua at all so we'll see but I dont agree with benching your rookie QB for having a rough half.  Let him finish it out.

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, JiF said:

That said, I know Flores is the darling of the NFL right now but benching Tua was stupid.  You dont do that to a kid.  You have to let him play through it.  Dumb AF if you ask me.  That said, I've never been sold on Tua at all so we'll see but I dont agree with benching your rookie QB for having a rough half.  Let him finish it out.

I agree...but the OL was turnstiles. He was playing bad and sacked 6 times.

50 minutes ago, JiF said:

They are suddenly trying to make the playoffs.

The old adage that you let players play through all the time can hurt as much as it helps.

One reason mark sanchez never developed was the jets gifted him the starters spot and went well out of their way to never have level of play accountability.

Just now, Ben Had said:

I agree...but the OL was turnstiles. He was playing bad and sacked 6 times.

Yeah, I mean, I get it, I just disagree.  You decided to make the change, you have to stick with it.  Fitz sucks playing from behind, always throws the back breaking pick...did he really expect him to save the day?  Besides, imagine the confidence Tua and team gains in Tua if he sticks it out and gets the W.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

They are suddenly trying to make the playoffs.

The old adage that you let players play through all the time can hurt as much as it helps.

One reason mark sanchez never developed was the jets gifted him the starters spot and went well out of their way to never have level of play accountability.

see above; we can agree to disagree here.  I believe it was tremendously stupid (and it didnt work).  If the playoffs were the goal, he should have never benched Fitz.

• Upvote 3

Not untypical for a rookie to have several good games and hit a wall in the NFL.  In the NFL teams actually adjust to what you're doing.  Now Miami has to make adjustments.  They have more talent on both sides of the ball.  Pretty confident they figure out a way to win. The better team usually wins unless it's a trap game or a Thursday night travel game where teams are unusually flat.  

Just now, JiF said:

Yeah, I mean, I get it, I just disagree.  You decided to make the change, you have to stick with it.  Fitz sucks playing from behind, always throws the back breaking pick...did he really expect him to save the day?  Besides, imagine the confidence Tua and team gains in Tua if he sticks it out and gets the W.

Agreed.  You can’t bench the kid like that.  When you decided to play him, you signed up for some good and bad play.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.  You can’t bench the kid like that.  When you decided to play him, you signed up for some good and bad play.  

Well maybe the HC wasn’t sold on making the switch but didn’t have much of a choice, and he was waiting for Tua to struggle so he could justify putting fitz back in.  But conceptually i agree, when you make the switch you commit to the rookie and go with him.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Well maybe the HC wasn’t sold on making the switch but didn’t have much of a choice, and he was waiting for Tua to struggle so he could justify putting fitz back in.  But conceptually i agree, when you make the switch you commit to the rookie and go with him.  

That’s a different story then, and a bad situation for Tua.  

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

see above; we can agree to disagree here.  I believe it was tremendously stupid (and it didnt work).  If the playoffs were the goal, he should have never benched Fitz.

The problem for the Fish is on one hand theyre in the thick of a playoff push while on the other hand they have to be sure that Tua is going to be their QB moving forward.  If he fails this audition they have the Texans first round pick which would give them an option to draft another QB 

No matter how many times Flores denies it, this is clearly an audition 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The problem for the Fish is on one hand theyre in the thick of a playoff push while on the other hand they have to be sure that Tua is going to be their QB moving forward.  If he fails this audition they have the Texans first round pick which would give them an option to draft another QB 

They are in a real tough position and you know part of their thinking this week is that they get to play the Jets and their depleted secondary and weak pass rush. If Tua will ever have a big game it will be against this defense. They probably also feel as though they can start Tua and keep it close until the half where they can always bring in Fitz to save the day. 

3 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

So their HC and GM aren't on the same page?  That always works out great for a franchise.  

3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

I was never sold on Tua coming out, if I were a Dolphin fan I’d be worried.   

I don’t watch college games live but when I was watching the WRs (full game cut ups of passing plays), I didn’t think the QB throwing them the ball at Alabama was that great. He actually surprised me so far this year because I thought he was playing decent—didn’t see yesterday’s game though. 

4 hours ago, Ben Had said:

BAWAHAHA...love bad wins...keep trying. 

4 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

I was never sold on Tua coming out, if I were a Dolphin fan I’d be worried.   

Interesting down here  you would think Flores and Tua were the next Brady BB combo. I don’t watch the fins just hear their fans running their mouths.

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Then it makes even less sense.  If it's an audition, then wouldnt you want to see him work his way through it?

11 hours ago, JiF said:

Then it makes even less sense.  If it's an audition, then wouldnt you want to see him work his way through it?

When youre also trying to win games?  

No

And if Tua is such a vagina that he cant handle being sat down after playing like a scrub, he isnt your QB.  

• Upvote 1