Tua vs Fitzpatrick

GreekJet

worried about the Dolphins game. Two things I don't like:

1) Tua had a rough game today and you might wonder about his confidence immediately after a benching. One little nugget - Tua already has three starts with less than 200 yards passing. He's not doing a lot compared to some other rookie's I could mention . . . 

2) I don't like how non-competitive the first game was. You rarely get one team sweeping the other with two blowouts. Next week's game is probably going to be close. 

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

1) Tua had a rough game today and you might wonder about his confidence immediately after a benching. One little nugget - Tua already has three starts with less than 200 yards passing. He's not doing a lot compared to some other rookie's I could mention . . . 

2) I don't like how non-competitive the first game was. You rarely get one team sweeping the other with two blowouts. Next week's game is probably going to be close. 

Especially is Sam plays. He could have a major chip on his shoulder. We’ve seen him have huge games before 

I don’t like either option for them. Tua is a painfully safe and average QB, but Fitz could throw the game away in an instant.

We will need to hope that their defense and special teams continue to bring it otherwise they are going to sputter overall real fast and could definitely lose to the Jets

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Tua has thrown for less than 200 yards in three starts already. 

I'm sure there are plays down the field that Tua is not making that Fitz would. 

Tua is a rookie QB. You ride him to see what you have.

Fitz would find ways to throw interceptions and lose games like he always does. You gain absolutely nothing by starting him. He isnt leading you to the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Tua is a rookie QB. You ride him to see what you have.

Fitz would find ways to throw interceptions and lose games like he always does. You gain absolutely nothing by starting him. He isnt leading you to the playoffs.

Oh, I would absolutely ride him. 

I'm just saying that there are plays that Fitz makes that Tua probably doesn't right now, based on his very mediocre passing production. The guy isn't throwing the ball down the field. 

13 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Tua has thrown for less than 200 yards in three starts already. 

And Fitzpatrick has thrown for under 200 yards 72 different times....

He's nothing more than  a career loser with a career losing record of 58-86-1 (.397%) along with 16 years of NFL experience with a whopping 0 playoff games played.

He's absolutely pathetic...

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Not relevant to my point. 

Compare Tua's passing production this year to Fitzpatrick's. Tua hasn't done much yet. 

Now, I would not play Fitz because you already know Fitz isn't taking you anywhere. I get that. So I agree that they shouldn't be benching Tua. 

All I'm saying is, they probably aren't thrilled with Tua's production so far at all. They have been winning, so nobody has been looking very closely. But Tua hasn't made a lot of plays down the field. 

48 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

He really isnt. You gain absolutely nothing with Fitz.

Fitz has 3 game with over 315 yards out of 6 and a 70% comp rate, tua has a 60% comp rate and has thrown for 83,93,169 and 248 yards.

Fitz turns it over ore but is far more dangerous at this point in both their careers

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

Would much rather see Fitz. He puts Miami in the better position to win that game 

Was thinking the same thing.. The Jets secondary is a mess.. Fitz would have no problem handling whatever tricks Greg williams tries. But Gregg williams would have a much better chance against an inexperienced young QB that's struggling.

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

We're not winning a game this year

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Fitz has 3 game with over 315 yards out of 6 and a 70% comp rate, tua has a 60% comp rate and has thrown for 83,93,169 and 248 yards.

Fitz turns it over ore but is far more dangerous at this point in both their careers

And when it matters most he will do what he always does. Fitz pads his stats against bad teams. Its what he has done his whole career. He is a one read chucker.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Tua sucks.  Fitz sucks.  We almost beat the Chargers

this is a risky game 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

And when it matters most he will do what he always does. Fitz pads his stats against bad teams. Its what he has done his whole career. He is a one read chucker.

Fitz is friggin garbage.  The media is head over heels in love with the guy did you see that Fox Sports graphic comparing Fitz to other old QBs like Brees, Brady, Rodgers and Roethlisberger?  

6D8849F4-D4F0-46F8-8E38-61F9C3E0E951.jpeg

6 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He's nothing more than  a career loser with a career losing record of 58-86-1 (.397%) along with 16 years of NFL experience with a whopping 0 playoff games played.

He's absolutely pathetic...

Fitz owns statistically the worst game ever played by a qb ever

Tua is a rookie who just had his first bad game 11/20 83yrds 1Td...he's played in 5 gams and started 4 with 3 wins. Miami's OC is being very carful with him by calling plays that limit what he can do.

One amazing fact is...he has yet to through an int...I can't remember a rookie QB going 4 games without an int...

• Upvote 2