Jump to content
Maxman

Tyson Fight - who is going to watch it tonight?

Recommended Posts

Undercard is starting soon. Tyson vs Jones, anyone going to watch?

mike tyson boxing GIF

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yes. I'll be watching for sure (rooting for Tyson loved him throughout my childhood). 

@Maxman am I allowed to post a steaming link for the fight?

If not you can PM me it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope he comes out old school with the black trunks and black shoes, no socks, and the white towel with the hole in the middle to stick his head through 

MT.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

I hope he comes out old school with the black trunks and black shoes, no socks, and the white towel with the hole in the middle to stick his head through 

MT.jpg

I hope he brings me back to my childhood days of a 1st round KO!

At least this time I have a free stream and don't have to worry about my older brother spending his PPV $ on a 30 second fight lol

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I hope he brings me back to my childhood days of a 1st round KO!

At least this time I have a free stream and don't have to worry about my older brother spending his PPV $ on a 30 second fight lol

He's not going to. He's probably going to "lose"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Undercard is starting soon. Tyson vs Jones, anyone going to watch?

mike tyson boxing GIF

Really wish I could watch.  Gonna' be driving home from work at 430am local time so no way I can.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Defense Wins Championships said:

Na. Roy Jones Jr looks out of shape and Tyson has been training like an ANIMAL!

Tyson looks just as doughy. His layoff from fighting is twice as long as Roy's. And Roy was a better fighter than him in their primes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Tyson looks just as doughy. His layoff from fighting is twice as long as Roy's. And Roy was a better fighter than him in their primes.

Crazy. 

Tyson in his prime alongside of Ali are the two greatest of All-Time. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Defense Wins Championships said:

Crazy. 

Tyson in his prime alongside of Ali are the two greatest of All-Time. 

Oh the Tyson in his Prime myth. Wrong. There are about ten heavyweights at least that were better than Tyson. 

There was never one second during his "prime" that Tyson was considered the best fighter in the world, pound for pound. 

Jones lived there for several years.

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Crazy. 

Tyson in his prime alongside of Ali are the two greatest of All-Time. 

No, just no.

Buster Douglas knocked him out in his prime.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No, just no.

Buster Douglas knocked him out in his prime.

That was not Tyson in his prime.

He was unique on that he hit his prime so much younger than anyone else.   I'm not saying he was an all time fighter, but he was past his best when he fought Douglas.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chirorob said:

That was not Tyson in his prime.

He was unique on that he hit his prime so much younger than anyone else.   I'm not saying he was an all time fighter, but he was past his best when he fought Douglas.

he was not yet 24  years old for goodness sakes!

Anyway, this fight will be a sham just for money.

May a well have just paid me a crusher a million each to duke it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Beerfish said:

he was not yet 24  years old for goodness sakes!

Anyway, this fight will be a sham just for money.

May a well have just paid me a crusher a million each to duke it out.

You can be on the undercard of me and @T0mShane I've put on like fifteen pounds during the pandemic. I'm ready to hit that sucker in the liver with a left hook.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yes. I'll be watching for sure (rooting for Tyson loved him throughout my childhood). 

@Maxman am I allowed to post a steaming link for the fight?

Can you hook me up to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listening to Wiz is like listening to your grandparents talk dirty.

 

🤢🤢🤢

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Tyson looks just as doughy. His layoff from fighting is twice as long as Roy's. And Roy was a better fighter than him in their primes.

Tyson was the most dominant fighter I ever saw in any weight class. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, chirorob said:

That was not Tyson in his prime.

He was unique on that he hit his prime so much younger than anyone else.   I'm not saying he was an all time fighter, but he was past his best when he fought Douglas.

There are three Tysons:

Before Robin Givens and Don King: He had his original managers and Kevin Rooney and the desire to be his idol, Jack Dempsey.

After Givens and King: Once they came along he dropped Kevin Rooney, forgot fundamentals like jabbing and head movement. Teddy Atlas called Jay Bright the guy that would make the muffins with Camille in the kitchen. Aaron Snowell was another lackey. They tried to quell the swelling in his eye when he fought Douglas with a ******* frozen water balloon instead of endswell. Jesus.

After Prison: He was done. The layoff was too much and even though he had Richie Giachetti who trained Larry Holmes, it was good enough for the Buster Mathis' and Orlin Norris' of the world, but he was 8-5 in his last 13 (I think there was a no-contest against a terrified Andrew Golota in there) He was fighting for paydays at this point. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hmhertz said:

...

 

Do you need VPN to use this. I don't want to get my bandwidth throttled down

Edited by Maxman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Tyson was the most dominant fighter I ever saw in any weight class. 

Yeah, congrats, you haven't wasted as much of your life watching, reading about and actually boxing as I have. He was never better than Marvin Hagler or Julio Cesar Chavez or Sugar Ray Leonard or Thomas Hearns or Roberto Duran or Roy Jones Jr. or Evander Holyfield or Alexis Arguello or Salvador Sanchez or...

His signature win came against a terrified Michael Spinks who was a light heavyweight in heavyweights clothing that beat an older Larry Holmes, who was never a big puncher anyway, Stefan Tangstad (who once fought the ghost of Joe Bugner) and Gerry f'in Cooney as a heavyweight.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, stop the debating...it’s actual fact that Prince Naseem Hamed was the greatest pound for pound fighter of all times.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TnT said:

Guys, stop the debating...it’s actual fact that Prince Naseem Hamed was the greatest pound for pound fighter of all times.

You must be from Sheffield

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Tyson was the most dominant fighter I ever saw in any weight class. 

George Foreman would have bounced him around the ring like Joe Frazier. He was tailor-made for Foreman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

You must be from Sheffield

Nahhhh, just trolling.

Loved to watch him fight tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ex Knick, Nate Robinson is fighting.

that’s interesting...dude was all heart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...