Tyson Fight - who is going to watch it tonight?

Maxman

1 minute ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

I hope he comes out old school with the black trunks and black shoes, no socks, and the white towel with the hole in the middle to stick his head through 

MT.jpg

I hope he brings me back to my childhood days of a 1st round KO!

At least this time I have a free stream and don't have to worry about my older brother spending his PPV $ on a 30 second fight lol

• Upvote 1

Just now, Defense Wins Championships said:

Crazy. 

Tyson in his prime alongside of Ali are the two greatest of All-Time. 

Oh the Tyson in his Prime myth. Wrong. There are about ten heavyweights at least that were better than Tyson. 

There was never one second during his "prime" that Tyson was considered the best fighter in the world, pound for pound. 

Jones lived there for several years.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No, just no.

Buster Douglas knocked him out in his prime.

That was not Tyson in his prime.

He was unique on that he hit his prime so much younger than anyone else.   I'm not saying he was an all time fighter, but he was past his best when he fought Douglas.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, chirorob said:

He was unique on that he hit his prime so much younger than anyone else.   I'm not saying he was an all time fighter, but he was past his best when he fought Douglas.

he was not yet 24  years old for goodness sakes!

Anyway, this fight will be a sham just for money.

May a well have just paid me a crusher a million each to duke it out.

Just now, Beerfish said:

he was not yet 24  years old for goodness sakes!

Anyway, this fight will be a sham just for money.

May a well have just paid me a crusher a million each to duke it out.

You can be on the undercard of me and @T0mShane I've put on like fifteen pounds during the pandemic. I'm ready to hit that sucker in the liver with a left hook.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, chirorob said:

There are three Tysons:

Before Robin Givens and Don King: He had his original managers and Kevin Rooney and the desire to be his idol, Jack Dempsey.

After Givens and King: Once they came along he dropped Kevin Rooney, forgot fundamentals like jabbing and head movement. Teddy Atlas called Jay Bright the guy that would make the muffins with Camille in the kitchen. Aaron Snowell was another lackey. They tried to quell the swelling in his eye when he fought Douglas with a ******* frozen water balloon instead of endswell. Jesus.

After Prison: He was done. The layoff was too much and even though he had Richie Giachetti who trained Larry Holmes, it was good enough for the Buster Mathis' and Orlin Norris' of the world, but he was 8-5 in his last 13 (I think there was a no-contest against a terrified Andrew Golota in there) He was fighting for paydays at this point. 

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Tyson was the most dominant fighter I ever saw in any weight class. 

Yeah, congrats, you haven't wasted as much of your life watching, reading about and actually boxing as I have. He was never better than Marvin Hagler or Julio Cesar Chavez or Sugar Ray Leonard or Thomas Hearns or Roberto Duran or Roy Jones Jr. or Evander Holyfield or Alexis Arguello or Salvador Sanchez or...

His signature win came against a terrified Michael Spinks who was a light heavyweight in heavyweights clothing that beat an older Larry Holmes, who was never a big puncher anyway, Stefan Tangstad (who once fought the ghost of Joe Bugner) and Gerry f'in Cooney as a heavyweight.

• Upvote 1