So What's the plan now?

hamat711

Just now, Baeton Manning said:

Even if that's really what they want to do, do they have the guts to draft Sewell or trade down, leaving the QBs on the board? Like whether it's smart or not, that's a brass balls call. Fans will probably be allowed at NFL games next season. It's gonna be a crazy atmosphere at Jets games no matter what they do.

It’s the smart move,  the Johnsons saw what happened when they passed on Matt Leinart for Brick

43 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

Lawrence was the only thing making this awful season redeemable. He made this somewhat of a desired place for head coaching candidates. Fields will not bring in the top candidates. This year didn't even help evaluate Darnold. To make matters worse, the Dolphins and Bills look to be the real deals going forward.

What do you want the Jets to do now?

I think the plan is the same as it was before today started. Watch the rest of the season and see how things work out.

The Jaguars have two games left. The Jets have two games left.

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, heymangold said:

To be honest the jags definitely can win their next 2 games.  Bears aren’t good and the colts might be resting for the playoffs.

Jaguars can beat the Bears. Jaguars already beat the Colts this year. Colts might be cruising into the playoffs.

Anything can happen as today showed.

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Trubisky is playing for his job.  James Robinson is also injured The jags are not winning another game

The Jets lost by 40 to the Seahawks who looked to be trending down only to beat the Rams who were cruising up.

Nobody knows what is going to happen.

The only guarantee is that people will cry on the internet no matter what occurs lol.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Jetlife33 said:

@Philc1if we trade back to like 4-6, would Chase be there? Would you prefer Chase and picks compared to Sewell 

Sewell and Becton are generational talents.  Put those two at the OT spots you could have 3 JAGs in between and still have an elite offensive line that would make any qb look good

• Upvote 2

Just now, Philc1 said:

Sewell and Becton are generational talents.  Put those two at the OT spots you could have 3 JAGs in between and still have an elite offensive line that would make any qb look good

The OL looked pretty damn good today not saying they are great but they held their own against a good Rams D

31 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

And we don’t even have to put all our eggs in the Sam basket.  Wentz and Winston are both available 

Pass on Wentz. He is broken more than Sam. Winston is a turnover machine. Just get a QB in the 3rd round to develop and col with Sam for a year and start 2022 with the best OL in football.

My god you are all.....sad. I never expected the Jets to get the #1 pick and I am happy we won. And we still may wind up with the #1 as both of Jacksonville's last games are winnable.

I will say this though: Sam something today. He is still only 23 and no one can tell me that having a consistent OL and weapons does not make a QB much better. 

Improve the offensive line, get more weapons and Sam might still be the answer. There is no guarantee Lawrence will be great. 

I refuse to be upset with a Jets win.

Only bad thing this win could do is give the Johnsons an excuse to keep Gase which now with a victory is no worse than 50/50.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1