Adam Gase officially fired: MERGED

AbstraKt

36 minutes ago, SAR I said:

my Yankees are going to win the World Series, so I'm good.

SAR I

Really? 

My TB Rays just eliminated your NY Yankees despite Cole/Stanton/Judge making more money than my entire Rays team combined ??

Your team hasn't won a WS in over 10+ years despite having a billion dollar payroll within an uncapped sport; and that's more pathetic than the Knicks/Mets/Jets struggles. 

Until MLB installs a fair salary cap your little NY Yankees will always be a joke while baseball is laughed at. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Gase was hired out of sheer desperation because of a bungled HC search by Chris Johnson.  The illusion you speak of had no basis in fact.  The REAL thing you are wrong about goes so much further than all this Adam Gase nonsense.  All that crap you annoyed us with is simply a byproduct of your inane defense of Woody Johnson's and his 'challenged' brother.  Sadly, good coaching candidates want NOTHING to do with Woody Johnson or his surrogate.

Exactly.

And that's why firing Adam Gase right now is such a dumb move.  We haven't reversed the perception of dysfunction when we fire a well-liked member of the coaching community who the entire NFL knows was put in the worst situation possible in 2020 after a reasonably successful 2019.  And if Cimini is to be believed, Elhai and Douglas are vetting candidates and Chris is going to make the final decision.  It's the same old revolving door, the same dysfunction.

"Sheer desperation because of a bungled HC search"  We're set up for that again.

SAR I

• Haha 1

Dear Gase,

Thanks for takin a flame throw to this place

For gettin rid of Mac an findin us a GM.

Now we got lots of draft picks and cap space

No more bitches in our locker room

Joe will fix this franchise real soon.

Even as a coke fien, Gase

You always bleedin Green, Gase

I finally understand!

It aint easy tryin to win with Same Ol' Jets fans.

You are appreciated.

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If I thought the Jets were a head coach away from the playoffs I'd agree with you completely.

You can't be serious.

SAR I

Sar:  Tells us all season that the owners are doing a great job with their plan and that Gase won't be fired.

Also Sar:  Calls me Shirley.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I have to be honest:  When I was at MetLife Stadium at the draft party in 2018 I was at my lowest point as a Jets fan.  When he fell to us and we selected Sam Darnold, my inner voice whispered to myself that I was going to give it one more go, I was going to allow myself to believe that he was the Chosen One and was going to lead us to glory, to be that one team ready to dominate the AFC East once the Patriots crumbled.

Today, my thoughts are not with Adam Gase and the drama of a head coaching change. I couldn't care less, to be honest.  Today I sit here wondering if I can do it again, if I can rally around the thought that we're going to get the draft right this time and get the quarterback we've been waiting on for 50 years.

And I'm not sure I can do it.

Sam Darnold is a bust and Trevor Lawrence isn't there for us.  This may be it for me.

SAR I

Seriously?  You told us all year that Gase was the football man in Florham Park, how Gase was getting rid of all the malcontents l, how he had Manish banished, how he was doing the hard work of tanking this team, and now you don't  care your football man warrior os gone?

GIF by South Park

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Trust me. 

It won't be hard for our next head coach to have a better record than 9-23 throughout his first two season(s). 

You're the same rat bastard that made these promises to me over the years:

"It won't be hard for our next head coach to be better than Herman Edwards!"

"It won't be hard for our next head coach to be better than Eric Mangini!"

"It won't be hard for our next head coach to be better than Todd Bowles!"

"It won't be hard for our next quarterback to be better than Ken O'Brien!"

"It won't be hard for our next quarterback to be better than Mark Sanchez!"

"It won't be hard for our next quarterback to be better than Ryan Fitzpatrick!"

You know what's worse than Adam Gase as a head coach?  It's people like you telling everyone that improvements are automatic, that you know better than everyone else, that the next big thing is right around the corner. 

It never is.  Because we keep doing it the same way.  What you wanted isn't happening.  Douglas isn't autonomous.  He's set up to be Maccagnan.  Elhai is set up to be Glat.  Christopher is set up to be Woody.  The one saving grace in this 3 years of wasted Darnold and 2 years of wasted Gase is supposed to be the end of the dysfunction.  And it isn't happening.  We are right back to 2015 all over again.  And you're celebrating like its a good thing.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I have to be honest:  When I was at MetLife Stadium at the draft party in 2018 I was at my lowest point as a Jets fan.  When he fell to us and we selected Sam Darnold, my inner voice whispered to myself that I was going to give it one more go, I was going to allow myself to believe that he was the Chosen One and was going to lead us to glory, to be that one team ready to dominate the AFC East once the Patriots crumbled.

Today, my thoughts are not with Adam Gase and the drama of a head coaching change. I couldn't care less, to be honest.  Today I sit here wondering if I can do it again, if I can rally around the thought that we're going to get the draft right this time and get the quarterback we've been waiting on for 50 years.

And I'm not sure I can do it.

Sam Darnold is a bust and Trevor Lawrence isn't there for us.  This may be it for me.

SAR I

Keyword: “may”

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Exactly.

And that's why firing Adam Gase right now is such a dumb move.  

Had to stop reading reading right there. 

Adam Gase just went 2-14. 

That's the 2nd worst record within Franchise history.

I'm LOVING how Adam Gase hired JD only for JD to pick our next head coach (and rightfully so). 

Your coach is the 2nd worst coach in Franchise history ????

I told you he'd be FIRED. 

I was right. 

You were wrong. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You're the same rat bastard 

TROLL I

You want to resort to name calling?

Ok. Cool. 

I'll just call you a RAT BASTARD TROLL with my every quote of you. 

You little rat bastard, troll

You're also a liar

You talk about and brag about (on a message board) having a "Rolex collection" but yet you've never once posted pictures of your FAKE Rolex collection. 

You RAT BASTARD TROLL of a LIAR. 

15 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Really? 

My TB Rays just eliminated your NY Yankees despite Cole/Stanton/Judge making more money than my entire Rays team combined ??

Your team hasn't won a WS in over 10+ years despite having a billion dollar payroll within an uncapped sport; and that's more pathetic than the Knicks/Mets/Jets struggles. 

Until MLB installs a fair salary cap your little NY Yankees will always be a joke while baseball is laughed at. 

Call me when the Rays win their first ever World Series at some point :P

Something tells me the Yankees will win a WS sooner than them lol

Let's stick to making fun of Sar I and his love for Adam Gase :D 

• Sympathy 2

22 minutes ago, docdhc said:

It’s going to be nice watching Douglas, a real football man,  conduct the search and pick a good coach, just like it’s going to be nice watching Steve Cohen turn the Mets into the rich and successful baseball team in NYC. 

Sell me on how Joe Douglas is an Alpha Football Man.  Give me your elevator pitch. 

Because, to date, I'm not seeing it.  He looks like a soft-spoken and meek scout in over his head and relieved to have had Gase as the fan and media punching bag as he's never been called out for any of his mistakes.

Today, if anything, shows that Douglas has been Maccagnanized.  He's not making the HC decision.  He has to play nice and get Elhai's permission, and then they go together to Chris who makes the final decision.  Imagine you're an A+ head coaching candidate, imagine you're Matt Campbell or Brian Daboll and you've got to sit with a meek scout and a pencil-pushing intern before being passed on to the trust fund twins.  This is why we wind up with the dregs of the NFL HC coaching tree.  It's why the Jets HC is always Mr. Irrelevant.  Out with the old Gase, in with the new.

SAR I

21 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

And you TOLD us all for months on end how there was a 0.000% chance that Gase would be fired. 

And you also LIED to us all for months on end that Gase was hired in order to tank for 2021 and beyond.

So no, @SAR I. You're the one who can't be serious and can never be taken serious again (if ever at all). 

Those are baseless claims.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You're the same rat bastard that made these promises to me over the years:

"It won't be hard for our next head coach to be better than Herman Edwards!"

"It won't be hard for our next head coach to be better than Eric Mangini!"

"It won't be hard for our next head coach to be better than Todd Bowles!"

"It won't be hard for our next quarterback to be better than Ken O'Brien!"

"It won't be hard for our next quarterback to be better than Mark Sanchez!"

"It won't be hard for our next quarterback to be better than Ryan Fitzpatrick!"

You know what's worse than Adam Gase as a head coach?  It's people like you telling everyone that improvements are automatic, that you know better than everyone else, that the next big thing is right around the corner. 

It never is.  Because we keep doing it the same way.  What you wanted isn't happening.  Douglas isn't autonomous.  He's set up to be Maccagnan.  Elhai is set up to be Glat.  Christopher is set up to be Woody.  The one saving grace in this 3 years of wasted Darnold and 2 years of wasted Gase is supposed to be the end of the dysfunction.  And it isn't happening.  We are right back to 2015 all over again.  And you're celebrating like its a good thing.

SAR I

Just now, Defense Wins Championships said:

You want to resort to name calling?

Ok. Cool. 

I'll just call you a RAT BASTARD TROLL with my every quote of you. 

You little rat bastard, troll

You're also a liar

You talk about and brag about (on a message board) having a "Rolex collection" but yet you've never once posted pictures of your FAKE Rolex collection. 

You RAT BASTARD TROLL of a LIAR. 

On behalf of everyone with eyes I implore you both to just stop this before it starts.

Adam Gase was fired. What a good day. Exhale and enjoy.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, SAR I said:

Sell me on how Joe Douglas is an Alpha Football Man.  Give me your elevator pitch. 

Because, to date, I'm not seeing it.  He looks like a soft-spoken and meek scout in over his head and relieved to have had Gase as the fan and media punching bag as he's never been called out for any of his mistakes.

Today, if anything, shows that Douglas has been Maccagnanized.  He's not making the HC decision.  He has to play nice and get Elhai's permission, and then they go together to Chris who makes the final decision.  Imagine you're an A+ head coaching candidate, imagine you're Matt Campbell or Brian Daboll and you've got to sit with a meek scout and a pencil-pushing intern before being passed on to the trust fund twins.  This is why we wind up with the dregs of the NFL HC coaching tree.  It's why the Jets HC is always Mr. Irrelevant.  Out with the old Gase, in with the new.

SAR I

Adam Gase was fired. You said that wasn't going to happen.

That is what this thread is about, Gase being fired.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Seriously?  You told us all year that Gase was the football man in Florham Park, how Gase was getting rid of all the malcontents l, how he had Manish banished, how he was doing the hard work of tanking this team, and now you don't  care your football man warrior os gone?

These are baseless claims.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I am not going to sell you on that. I will sell you on this pen.

It is a very good pen. The kind of pen that comes in handy when you need it.

Also you need it, because you were just fired. Sign this NDA.

That is the sales pitch that Adam Gase just received!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Had to stop reading reading right there. 

Adam Gase just went 2-14. 

That's the 2nd worst record within Franchise history.

I'm LOVING how Adam Gase hired JD only for JD to pick our next head coach (and rightfully so). 

Your coach is the 2nd worst coach in Franchise history ????

I told you he'd be FIRED. 

I was right. 

You were wrong. 

I thought Christopher Johnson was going to be different than Woody Johnson and I was wrong.  I met him, I thought he was going to be a bowling ball with knives, it was going to be glorious.  Nope.

And that's no reason for you to gloat; it's actually reason to be angry.  You won the battle.  But you've lost the war.  No, not with me, I'm just a poster on a message board.  The Jets ownership isn't what we hoped it was.  They actually haven't changed. 

And I don't know if I can stick with them anymore.  I've seen this show before.  Replacing Maccagnan, Glat, and Bowles with their exact clones?  Better not be.  Or I'm out.

SAR I

26 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Good. 

And this post is funny. 

Especially coming from someone such as yourself who literally PRANCED around JN in celebration after Gase beat the Rams while losing out on Trevor Lawrence. 

You thought it was funny.

You loved every second of it. 

But now you want to throw Trevor Lawrence in our face after Gase gets fired? 

And what the heck do YOU know about Trevor Lawrence? Just the other day you self admitted to never watching college football because you HATE it...

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I am not going to sell you on that. I will sell you on this pen.

It is a very good pen. The kind of pen that comes in handy when you need it.

Also you need it, because you were just fired. Sign this NDA.

That is the sales pitch that Adam Gase just received!

No, I'm dead serious.  Sell me on Joe Douglas.  Why is he the second-coming of Bill Parcells or Hank Stram, the Football Man, the Alpha Male, the guy who can sit in Florham Park and make it rain.

You know how you, and others, were right from the beginning when you saw Gase's googly eyes and knew he wasn't the guy?  I have that same vision when it comes to Joe Douglas.  No, not as a picker of players-  I think he may be good there.  I mean as a Football Man, as an Alpha Male, as that mean bastard that is going to give Florham Park the ass-kicking it needs.  Do you see it?

SAR I

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Good. 

And this post is funny. 

Especially coming from someone such as yourself who literally PRANCED around JN in celebration after Gase beat the Rams while losing out on Trevor Lawrence. 

You thought it was funny.

You loved every second of it. 

But now you want to throw Trevor Lawrence in our face after Gase gets fired? 

And what the heck do YOU know about Trevor Lawrence? Just the other day you self admitted to never watching college football because you HATE it...

These are baseless claims.

SAR I

43 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There are two questions that should be heavy in Jets fans heads on Wednesday when the afterglow of the glorious Assasination of Adam Gase by the Coward Joe Douglas wears off:

1.  If they knew they were going to fire him, why not do it before the LA trip, install some lackey, and give orders to start Morgan and sure up the #1 pick they already had a lock on?

2.  How has our ownership made any progress at ending the dysfunction by recreating 2015 all over again?  Who the hell are Joe Douglas and Hymie Elhai to be handed the reins of vetting head coaching talent, these guys are as green as can be?  Why is Christopher Johnson making the final decision again, and why is it a reason for Jets fans to be banging pots and pans out their windows in glee?

SAR I

Oh I see where you plan on going...  all-out attack season on Joe Douglas now?  LOL.  Good luck with that. You know what's funny?  All Along it was JD that will likely be the Johnsons' "Football Man" and not Gase.  Oddly, you may have been correct about the Football Man stuff.

The anti-JD approach will surely keep you at the center of attention.  Jets fandom and narcissism is such an odd combination.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Joe Douglas >> SAR I

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Small reminder that @SAR I did not, in fact, hire Adam Gase and that @SAR I, in fact, roots for the team to do well. 

Help me TomShane; you're my only hope.

I see 2015, right down to Douglas as Maccagnan, Martindale as Bowles, and Darnold as Geno. 

You need to tell me I'm wrong.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No, I'm dead serious.  Sell me on Joe Douglas.  Why is he the second-coming of Bill Parcells or Hank Stram, the Football Man, the Alpha Male, the guy who can sit in Florham Park and make it rain.

You know how you, and others, were right from the beginning when you saw Gase's googly eyes and knew he wasn't the guy?  I have that same vision when it comes to Joe Douglas.  No, not as a picker of players-  I think he may be good there.  I mean as a Football Man, as an Alpha Male, as that mean bastard that is going to give Florham Park the ass-kicking it needs.  Do you see it?

SAR I

He is certainly respected around the league with regard to negotiating with other teams and so far has a good rep with agents.  His philosophy is to build an OL, contrary to what we have seen ever since Tannenbaum was gone.  Those things check the right boxes.  

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I thought Christopher Johnson was going to be different than Woody Johnson and I was wrong.  I met him, I thought he was going to be a bowling ball with knives, it was going to be glorious.  Nope.

And that's no reason for you to gloat; it's actually reason to be angry.  You won the battle.  But you've lost the war.  No, not with me, I'm just a poster on a message board.  The Jets ownership isn't what we hoped it was.  They actually haven't changed. 

And I don't know if I can stick with them anymore.  I've seen this show before.  Replacing Maccagnan, Glat, and Bowles with their exact clones?  Better not be.  Or I'm out.

SAR I

Set down the Black Cherry Bud Light Seltzer. You've hugged the cactus for long enough. Good night and god bless. 

• Sympathy 1