Adam Gase officially fired: MERGED

AbstraKt

48 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This is a dark day in Jets history, nothing to celebrate.  Let's see, we leave the season with:

1.  The knowledge that Sam Darnold is a bust and we have wasted 3 years for nothing.

2.  A complete tear down of our coaching staff and likely another lame defensive coordinator in over his head as a rookie head coach taking a job no one else wanted.

3.  The keys to the kingdom in the hands of a meek scout still learning how to be a GM.

Gase wasn't the problem.  This fixes nothing.  It just sets us back again.  

SAR I

Feeling Good Love GIF by The Bachelor

• Upvote 1

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Boynton Beach Jets said:

I respect and understand your view.  Don't agree with it.  But that's what makes the world go around.  As Jets fans lets hope we get this right. 

IMG-3932.jpg

Thank you.

This doesn't make me feel all warm inside.

SAR I

25 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I'm not feeling it right now.  I lived with this illusion that Gase was an ass-kicking rebuild mastermind and that he, Douglas, and Christopher were all on the same page, cleaning house and gearing up for a great 2021.  I knew Gase would likely be gone when we were rebuilt and in a position to upgrade at HC, so why now?  I'm quite disappointed that I was wrong.  The illusion was better than the reality.   

SAR I

It wasn’t going to get any better Sar. It’s best for both parties to move on, Gase might actually be relieved. This could not have been fun for him. 2-14 after an 0-13 start after a disappointing first season, in the New York spotlight had to have taken a toll on him. Taking some time off might do him some good before jumping back in again in any position. 

• Upvote 1

Thank you, CB.

People are celebrating.  But it's not a time to celebrate.  Flipping the HC accomplishes nothing unless we get a generational head coach in here.  I'm already hearing nobody junior college names and also-ran third-tier coordinators.  I'm not excited about Todd Bowles II.  And I worry, perhaps prematurely, that Joe Douglas isn't ready to be the football man we so desperately need.

SAR I

Give it a rest.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Feeling Good Love GIF by The Bachelor

That's what Mets fans do.  They live for the misery.  Enjoy.  It's a good day for that.  We just set ourselves back 2-3 more years when we find out that Joe Douglas is Mike Maccagnan 2.0 and Wink Martindale is Todd Bowles 2.0.  Tomorrow, your Giants friends will humiliate you and you'll love it.  Bring a whip-  I hear the agony is much more pleasurable that way.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4

27 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Thank you, CB.

People are celebrating.  But it's not a time to celebrate.  Flipping the HC accomplishes nothing unless we get a generational head coach in here.  I'm already hearing nobody junior college names and also-ran third-tier coordinators.  I'm not excited about Todd Bowles II.  And I worry, perhaps prematurely, that Joe Douglas isn't ready to be the football man we so desperately need.

SAR I

I'm with SAR on this one. A 2-14 season which ends in yet another coaching turnover and yet another reset at QB. I don't get what there is to be happy or gloat about. This franchise is brutal. Endlessly brutal. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

@SAR I

For months you've been TELLING US there was a 0% chance Gase would be fired. 

You were WRONG. 

And we were RIGHT. 

Now?

Deal with it. 

?? ? ??

It's almost embarrassing how much half of you believe SAR truly means everything he says and cant read the context of what he is saying about the franchise. 

The guy never truly wanted Gase to stay, but he is right about Gase having 80% of the job nailed down, problem being the other 20% is the most important. He is also 100% correct about the landscape of our franchise. Its rinse and repeat until proven otherwise and JD can quickly evolve into Macagnan. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

It wasn’t going to get any better Sar. It’s best for both parties to move on, Gase might actually be relieved. This could not have been fun for him. 2-14 after an 0-13 start after a disappointing first season, in the New York spotlight had to have taken a toll on him. Taking some time off might do him some good before jumping back in again in any position. 

To clarify:  I don't care about Adam Gase as a person or what his feelings are right now.  That's what the money is for.

What I do care about is watching this ownership stop the dysfunction, and knee-jerk overreaction to media and fan pressure, and I thought that was something Christopher Johnson was putting in his rearview mirror.  Instead, it's 2015 all over again.  We've got all the not-ready-for-primetime-players ready to go.  Maccagnan (young guy, a year too soon, we've scooped the market!), Bowles (Mr. Irrelevant of any NFL coaching search always goes to the Jets), and Geno (a bust who showed a little promise and now becomes the new guy's problem).  Different decade, same script.

It's a dark day for Jets fans.  But the Rangers report to camp tomorrow and my Yankees are going to win the World Series, so I'm good.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

To clarify:  I don't care about Adam Gase as a person or what his feelings are right now.  That's what the money is for.

What I do care about is watching this ownership stop the dysfunction, and knee-jerk overreaction to media and fan pressure, and I thought that was something Christopher Johnson was putting in his rearview mirror.  Instead, it's 2015 all over again.  We've got all the not-ready-for-primetime-players ready to go.  Maccagnan (young guy, a year too soon, we've scooped the market!), Bowles (Mr. Irrelevant of any NFL coaching search always goes to the Jets), and Geno (a bust who showed a little promise and now becomes the new guy's problem).

It's a dark day for Jets fans.  But the Rangers report to camp tomorrow and my Yankees are going to win the World Series, so I'm good.

SAR I

Everyone:  BAN SAR.

Sar:  Posts, "The Yankees will win the World Series"

Me:  (Reads Yankees post)

Also Me:  SAR STAYS

leonardo dicaprio i have been a rich man and i have been a poor man GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

What I do care about is watching this ownership stop the dysfunction, and knee-jerk overreaction to media and fan pressure, and I thought that was something Christopher Johnson was putting in his rearview mirror.  Instead, it's 2015 all over again.  We've got all the not-ready-for-primetime-players ready to go.  Maccagnan (young guy, a year too soon, we've scooped the market!), Bowles (Mr. Irrelevant of any NFL coaching search always goes to the Jets), and Geno (a bust who showed a little promise and now becomes the new guy's problem).

SAR I

If anything I think the Jets ownership given the New York media has given guys longer leashes than probably deserved. Rex got what, 6 years? Bowles got 4 and never made the playoffs or showed any improvement. Gase should’ve been fired 6+ weeks ago.

P.S.I hope you’re right about the Yankees. 

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Everyone:  BAN SAR.

Sar:  Posts, "The Yankees will win the World Series"

Me:  (Reads Yankees post)

Also Me:  SAR STAYS

leonardo dicaprio i have been a rich man and i have been a poor man GIF

Obvious answer here...

Don’t ban sar.

Ban the numbskulls that bite on his pedestrian level trolling.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

What exactly do you think my reaction should be?  I told you I wasn't clowning, I told you I actually liked parts of what Gase offered, things that a rebuilding team needs to have during a 2-3 year period where they get the roster ready to compete..  That wasn't an act.

What we have now is more of same.  We're about to interview the dregs of head coaching candidates and wind up with another nobody.  I'm already hearing others hype junior college nobodies and talk of coordinators who would never come to NFL coaching Siberia. 

It's 2015 all over again, a sh-t roster that no decent prospect wanted any part of.  What did we wind up with?  Todd Bowles (who?) and Mike Maccagnan (who?) and a broken Geno Smith for them to figure out.

I'll reserve judgement on the new head coach when he's hired.  Perhaps I'll like what I see.  Call me skeptical.

SAR I

What parts of Gase did you like? I mean seriously, what was it, calling on an 80 year old RB to take 70% of the snaps while the guys who might be the future sit on the bench? Watch him not only not develop Sam but also not develop Mims? This what we have seen, we have seen Adam Gase run this team into the ground. The Jets finished 2 and 14 and some how I feel like they over achieved. They actually seem like they were worse than this. You know what we have now, we have hope which is all any Jet fan can have. Is it possible we get another clown as HC. It sure is but I think there are so e good possibilities  and all of them are light-years ahead of another year of Adam Gase and watching him ruin another QB. 

If you feel bad that Gase is gone, if you don't  think so.e of the stench has been removed, if you think this was a step back for this franchise, then have at ot. Predicting doom and gloom for this team has been a better business than Hanes selling T-Shirts, but a lot of us see it as a part of this rebuild, perhaps the biggest part. 

• Upvote 1

Ok, so I believe we all actually just entered an alternate universe.  No no, Gase wasn't fired... he was never even hired here in the first place.

It's actually 2019, the Jets obviously were not nearly so stupid as to fire Bowles, but keep Maccagnan, so both were fired.

Chris Johnson was wise enough to move on the GM job first, and fast, with Joe Douglas already getting the position, and having been handed the keys to do the HC hiring process himself.

Adam Gase was just fired by the Dolphins and when talks about him getting another job come up, the entire league laughs in unison, as owners, coaches, and players alike all agree he will be banned from the NFL for eternity, for everyone's sake.

In unrelated world news, some douchebag in China was found trying to **** a bat or something, but deservedly had the sh*t beat of him before anything more came of it.

Things are good as we all head towards a brighter future.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GothamLurker said:

Happy as the next guy, but to be fair to him....having the worst QB in the league did him no favors lol

Todd got canned under Sam too. I liked Todd though. Incoming Urban speculation.....

ff_3632609-ec0f3261c2fe66d1d0aaalt1_full

Good post.

Look at it from Gase's perspective for a moment.  He goes 6-2, his GM gets rid of all the talent on the roster, all the replacements get injured, the quarterback busts, and without any other sports to write about the NY media gets medieval on him.  

And when we wind up with Todd Bowles II, some of us may actually say we would have been better off to keep him.  Because having a battle-tested placeholder who could handle NY like Gase is a rare commodity, we could have gotten a better head coaching prospect in here if we held onto him for another year or two when the roster may have like one decent playmaker on it, maybe two.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

If anything I think the Jets ownership given the New York media has given guys longer leashes than probably deserved. Rex got what, 6 years? Bowles got 4 and never made the playoffs or showed any improvement. Gase should’ve been fired 6+ weeks ago.

In hindsight Mangini needed more time. I know he hasn't found greatness since he left. But he had more talent than a lot of the guys that replaced him. He needed to grow up a bit.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, SAR I said:

ff_3632609-ec0f3261c2fe66d1d0aaalt1_full

Good post.

Look at it from Gase's perspective for a moment.  He goes 6-2, his GM gets rid of all the talent on the roster, all the replacements get injured, the quarterback busts, and without any other sports to write about the NY media gets medieval on him.  

And when we wind up with Todd Bowles II, some of us may actually say we would have been better off to keep him.  Because having a battle-tested placeholder who could handle NY like Gase is a rare commodity, we could have gotten a better head coaching prospect in here if we held onto him for another year or two when the roster may have like one decent playmaker on it, maybe two.

SAR I

Or they could fire him and just make the playoffs next season.

I like the current plan better.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

What I do care about is watching this ownership stop the dysfunction, and knee-jerk overreaction to media and fan pressure, and I thought that was something Christopher Johnson was putting in his rearview mirror.  Instead, it's 2015 all over again.  We've got all the not-ready-for-primetime-players ready to go.  Maccagnan (young guy, a year too soon, we've scooped the market!), Bowles (Mr. Irrelevant of any NFL coaching search always goes to the Jets), and Geno (a bust who showed a little promise and now becomes the new guy's problem).  Different decade, same script.

SAR I

I know you're lowkey trolling, but come on. Gase wasn't good as head coach of the Dolphins, and he was a disaster here. He's proven that his reputation only came because of Peyton Manning. 

Gase was never coming back as HC in 2021. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That's what Mets fans do.  They live for the misery.  Enjoy.  It's a good day for that.  We just set ourselves back 2-3 more years when we find out that Joe Douglas is Mike Maccagnan 2.0 and Wink Martindale is Todd Bowles 2.0.  Tomorrow, your Giants friends will humiliate you and you'll love it.  Bring a whip-  I hear the agony is much more pleasurable that way.

SAR I

Dude, you can scream that the sky is falling all you want. There is no way you are wiping this smile off my face. Let me tell you something, I am not upset that you wanted Gase to stay, what I am upset with is you were an obnoxious prick while taking that position. So go weep for your savior, go tell me how sad you are because I am loving your misery. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

There are two questions that should be heavy in Jets fans heads on Wednesday when the afterglow of the glorious Assasination of Adam Gase by the Coward Joe Douglas wears off:

1.  If they knew they were going to fire him, why not do it before the LA trip, install some lackey, and give orders to start Morgan and sure up the #1 pick they already had a lock on?

2.  How has our ownership made any progress at ending the dysfunction by recreating 2015 all over again?  Who the hell are Joe Douglas and Hymie Elhai to be handed the reins of vetting head coaching talent, these guys are as green as can be?  Why is Christopher Johnson making the final decision again, and why is it a reason for Jets fans to be banging pots and pans out their windows in glee?

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Or they could fire him and just make the playoffs next season.

I like the current plan better.

If I thought the Jets were a head coach away from the playoffs I'd agree with you completely.

You can't be serious.

SAR I

51 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Thank you, CB.

SAR I

The times are a changing my friend your loyalty will be rewarded. 

WATCH!!

We will be celebrating two years from now watch!!

This wont be the last image of Jets greatness you will have to hang on to watch!!

image.gif

• Sympathy 1

47 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I'm not feeling it right now.  I lived with this illusion that Gase was an ass-kicking rebuild mastermind and that he, Douglas, and Christopher were all on the same page, cleaning house and gearing up for a great 2021.  I knew Gase would likely be gone when we were rebuilt and in a position to upgrade at HC, so why now?  I'm quite disappointed that I was wrong.  The illusion was better than the reality.   

SAR I

Gase was hired out of sheer desperation because of a bungled HC search by Chris Johnson.  The illusion you speak of had no basis in fact.  The REAL thing you are wrong about goes so much further than all this Adam Gase nonsense.  All that crap you annoyed us with is simply a byproduct of your inane defense of Woody Johnson's and his 'challenged' brother.  Sadly, good coaching candidates want NOTHING to do with Woody Johnson or his surrogate.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

What exactly do you think my reaction should be?  I told you I wasn't clowning, I told you I actually liked parts of what Gase offered, things that a rebuilding team needs to have during a 2-3 year period where they get the roster ready to compete..  That wasn't an act.

What we have now is more of same.  We're about to interview the dregs of head coaching candidates and wind up with another nobody.  I'm already hearing others hype junior college nobodies and talk of coordinators who would never come to NFL coaching Siberia. 

It's 2015 all over again, a sh-t roster that no decent prospect wanted any part of.  What did we wind up with?  Todd Bowles (who?) and Mike Maccagnan (who?) and a broken Geno Smith for them to figure out.

I'll reserve judgement on the new head coach when he's hired.  Perhaps I'll like what I see.  Call me skeptical.

SAR I

@SAR I

Trust me. 

It won't be hard for our next head coach to have a better record than 9-23 throughout his first two season(s). 

All our next head coach has to do is have a better "winning" percentage than .281% and there's not a damn thing you'll be able to say about it either. 

2-14 here in 2020 under your coach Adam Gase (was the 2nd worst record in Franchise History). 

And after the ways that you supported Adam Gase? Trust me when I say...

You no longer have the RIGHT to criticize another Jets HC... Ever. 

AdamGase_FIred.thumb.png.e74c9033a3d5357c044533d6442d9a49.png

Now stop trying to create ways to crap on our next future HC because Adam Gase is fired; and just deal with it. 

?? ???

23 minutes ago, JTJet said:

It's almost embarrassing how much half of you believe SAR truly means everything he says and cant read the context of what he is saying about the franchise. 

The guy never truly wanted Gase to stay, but he is right about Gase having 80% of the job nailed down, problem being the other 20% is the most important. He is also 100% correct about the landscape of our franchise. Its rinse and repeat until proven otherwise and JD can quickly evolve into Macagnan. 

With Joe Douglas as GM of the Jets, the record is 9-23. 

He would actually have to improve to be macc.  And macc was horrible.

• Upvote 2

SAR I

Oh, and sorry to tell you I have a number  of texts from my family  of Giant fans congratulating me and wishing they were getting Fields or Wilson.

10 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Dude, you can scream that the sky is falling all you want. There is no way you are wiping this smile off my face. Let me tell you something, I am not upset that you wanted Gase to stay, what I am upset with is you were an obnoxious prick while taking that position. So go weep for your savior, go tell me how sad you are because I am loving your misery. 

You think I'm in misery?  Because of Adam Gase?  LOL.

I'm locked down in a house full of kids, with a garage of unused BMW's, a pile of unadmired Rolexes, and a drawer full of refunded vacation vouchers since March, bored out of my mind, and the last 10 months have flown by thanks to fans like you gobbling up my opinions.  Like Moses with the still-smoldering commandments, watching his subjects defile themselves as he glides majestically down the mountain each morning.

Misery?  It was a blast, never had more fun on a Jets discussion forum in my life.  Better than Netflix and didn't cost $17.99 a month either.  I wasn't here to entertain you; I was here to entertain me.  Please tell me you'll keep smashing that 'reply' button.  I don't know what I'd do without you.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1

23 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

It’s going to be nice watching Douglas, a real football man,  conduct the search and pick a good coach, just like it’s going to be nice watching Steve Cohen turn the Mets into the rich and successful baseball team in NYC. 

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You can't be serious.

SAR I

And you TOLD us all for months on end how there was a 0.000% chance that Gase would be fired. 

And you also LIED to us all for months on end that Gase was hired in order to tank for 2021 and beyond.

So no, @SAR I. You're the one who can't be serious and can never be taken serious again (if ever at all). 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You think I'm in misery?  Because of Adam Gase?  LOL.

I'm locked down in a house full of kids, with a garage of unused BMW's, a pile of unadmired Rolexes, and a drawer full of refunded vacation vouchers since March, bored out of my mind, and the last 10 months have flown by thanks to fans like you gobbling up my opinions.  Like Moses with the still-smoldering commandments, watching his subjects defile themselves as he glides majestically down the mountain each morning.

Misery?  It was a blast, never had more fun on a Jets discussion forum in my life.  Better than Netflix and didn't cost $17.99 a month either.  I wasn't here to entertain you; I was here to entertain me.  Please tell me you'll keep smashing that 'reply' button.  I don't know what I'd do without you.

SAR I

The guy never disappoints.

Awesome reply. No, you aren't  upset at all.

7 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

The times are a changing my friend your loyalty will be rewarded. 

WATCH!!

We will be celebrating two years from now watch!!

This wont be the last image of Jets greatness you will have to hang on to watch!!

I have to be honest:  When I was at MetLife Stadium at the draft party in 2018 I was at my lowest point as a Jets fan.  When he fell to us and we selected Sam Darnold, my inner voice whispered to myself that I was going to give it one more go, I was going to allow myself to believe that he was the Chosen One and was going to lead us to glory, to be that one team ready to dominate the AFC East once the Patriots crumbled.

Today, my thoughts are not with Adam Gase and the drama of a head coaching change. I couldn't care less, to be honest.  Today I sit here wondering if I can do it again, if I can rally around the thought that we're going to get the draft right this time and get the quarterback we've been waiting on for 50 years.

And I'm not sure I can do it.

Sam Darnold is a bust and Trevor Lawrence isn't there for us.  This may be it for me.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

What you think SAR's face looks like right now:

https://i.imgflip.com/4/3g5k6.jpg

What it really looks like:

444656471_RichGuyLaughing_CloseUp.jpg.ab4d3a383d75e3055700c96ef1e15f8b.jpg

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3