Deshaun Watson is a d**k

HighPitch

8 hours ago, jgb said:

Except the CBA is incorporated into every player’s contract so things that would be a contract breach in the “real world” ain’t in the NFL, as agreed between the owners/league and the players union 

NFL players can still breach contract.  The CBA governs how those breaches are penalized 

Of course you guys think a player is entitled for wanting to have control of his career.
Players are property to you guys and they need to shut up, know their place and entertain you all
They signed the contract .. not me ... and I doubt the contract included I will have say in hiring the HC or on any trade deals.

Guy is getting paid insane $$$ stfu and play.

The biggest reason I don't want this guy is cause he is not worth his contract and those dollars would be better spent across the entire roster.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Homeboy posted a picture on social media and the MAGA crowd (and we've seen how they behave when they dont get their way) has come in full force to do what they do best, tell you how a black man should behave.  Never mind the fact Watson is the one of the classiest guys in the NFL, you know the type that donates his first ever game check to an equipment guy who lost his house in a Hurricane, causes no trouble on and off the field, drives from Texas to Houston injured so he can play, builds houses in the offseason with habitat for humanity, created my cause my cleats - we're bashing one of the truly great men of the league for positing a picture in a jersey and demanding him to shut up and play and maybe I'm mistaken but is Watson threatening not playing Football?  Oh no, he's not, he's the biggest investment the Texans have ever made and they're screwing him over every step of the way.  Shame on him for not accepting it. 

Meanwhile, this is the same crowd who's hoping that white privledged can force players to pick who they want to play for and that's totally cool....maybe Lawrence will pull a Manning and there is nothing wrong with that!!!!!!!!!!1

Teams can cut a player at will and no one laments that it's dishonoring a contract. Why should a team be in the moral right to get rid of a player doesn't fit into their future plans but a player must stick it out when the team no longer fits his?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Insert white QB - dude is a competitor, he just wants to win!!!

Black QB - thug turd, shut up and play

someone had to say it, it's ******* obvious. 

Well, I don't think it's racism in this case -- I think it's just the Darnold crowd desperately maligning every other potential option.

It fits the pattern. No one has been able to construct a coherent defense of Sam Darnold that focuses on anything he has done, it's all "well, his supporting cast sucks" or "All Ohio State QBs bust, all the available veterans suck/are too expensive."

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Well, I don't think it's racism in this case -- I think it's just the Darnold crowd desperately maligning every other potential option.

It fits the pattern. No one has been able to construct a coherent defense of Sam Darnold that focuses on anything he has done, it's all "well, his supporting cast sucks" or "All Ohio State QBs bust, all the available veterans suck/are too expensive."

Nah.  If Sam Darnold was pictured in a Joe Montana jersey, we'd be hearing how he's from Cali and really loves Joe.  Black dude does it, thug turd.  And "shut up and play" is pure evil racism - no questions asked and it's littered in this thread.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

15 minutes ago, jgb said:

Teams can cut a player at will and no one laments that it's dishonoring a contract. Why should a team be in the moral right to get rid of a player doesn't fit into their future plans but a player must stick it out when the team no longer fits his?

Watson can hold out and force a trade and they'd trade him. Im just confused on why he resigned there less than 6 months ago.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Harden and Westbrook holding the rockets for hostage during the intervening time had an influence 

Maybe I guess. Watson just had his best season of his career, minus Hopkins. Fuller getting busted wasnt the organizations fault. David Johnson looked like the 2017 version towards the end of the season. What exactly is his specific beef?

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, jgb said:

Because the team holds the rights to the contract... Not the player.

23 minutes ago, JiF said:

Homeboy posted a picture on social media and the MAGA crowd (and we've seen how they behave when they dont get their way) has come in full force to do what they do best, tell you how a black man should behave.  Never mind the fact Watson is the one of the classiest guys in the NFL, you know the type that donates his first ever game check to an equipment guy who lost his house in a Hurricane, causes no trouble on and off the field, drives from Houston to Jax injured so he can play, builds houses in the offseason with habitat for humanity, created my cause my cleats - we're bashing one of the truly great men of the league for positing a picture in a jersey and demanding him to shut up and play and maybe I'm mistaken but is Watson threatening not playing Football?  Oh no, he's not, he's the biggest investment the Texans have ever made and they're screwing him over every step of the way.  Shame on him for not accepting it. 

Meanwhile, this is the same crowd who's hoping that white privledged can force players to pick who they want to play for and that's totally cool....maybe Lawrence will pull a Manning and there is nothing wrong with that!!!!!!!!!!1

Agreed.   Deshaun has been giving back since his freshman year at Clemson.  Him and his mom were recipients of a house from Warwick Dunn and Habitat for Humanity when Deshaun was a kid.   People ask why did he sign with the Texans, because he was told he would have input in the decisions going forward, not ultimate decision making authority, but input, that’s all he wanted.  He had no input in the GM search, and the owner hired another former Belichick disciple to run the show again.  Deshaun isn’t the only Texan that was unhappy with that hire.  I guess we’ll see how much input he’ll have with the HC hire.   

I really wish he didn’t sign with the Texans, there were people close to him who were telling him to not sign.   Ultimately, the risk outweighed the reward, and based on what ownership told him, he felt good about that decision AT THE TIME.  

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, jgb said:

I'm color blind and I mean that when I say it, but I only say it because this works two ways. I wanted Geno Smith to succeed because the Jets are my team. I don't recall anyone injecting race into him flaming out or that his failure as a teammate and a leader was because of bias. You know why?  Because sometimes a cigar really is just a cigar. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.   Deshaun has been giving back since his freshman year at Clemson.  Him and his mom were recipients of a house from Warwick Dunn and Habitat for Humanity when Deshaun was a kid.   People ask why did he sign with the Texans, because he was told he would have input in the decisions going forward, not ultimate decision making authority, but input, that’s all he wanted.  He had no input in the GM search, and the owner hired another former Belichick disciple to run the show again.  Deshaun isn’t the only Texan that was unhappy with that hire.  I guess we’ll see how much input he’ll have with the HC hire.   

I really wish he didn’t sign with the Texans, there were people close to him who were telling him to not sign.   Ultimately, the risk outweighed the reward, and based on what ownership told him, he felt good about that decision AT THE TIME.  

If the relationship is broken then they'll trade him. Jets should be the first on the phone.

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

If the relationship is broken then they'll trade him. Jets should be the first on the phone.

I think we will see in the coming weeks just how broken it is.  Bienemy to the Texans seems like a foregone conclusion at this point.  That’s probably enough to mend the relationship in the short term.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

He was told he was the most important piece to the puzzle and then they slighted him, I dont know about the Texas to say if he shoulnt have trusted them but it also cant be easy turning down generational money, like you said, he didnt have a pot to piss in growing up.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Notable that Watson’s agent is also Jalen Ramsey’s agent. Could be running a similar playbook to get Watson out of there

Good catch but not quite comparable.  lol  Ramsey showed up to preseason in a brinks truck with a hype man and a mega phone screaming to pay this man.  lmfao.  Waston posted a picture on social media in a jersey.  Never mind the faking injures and not playing etc et etc.  This has more a Jamal Adams feel to it minus the drama queen antics.

At the end of the day, all the kid did was post a picture of himself in a jersey of one of the greatest QB's off all time.  Again, insert Darnold or hell, Brady for that matter and the narrative is - Cali kid, big Montana fan, you can see how his influences shaped his game, nothing to see here.  

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

He was told he was the most important piece to the puzzle and then they slighted him, I dont know about the Texas to say if he shoulnt have trusted them but it also cant be easy turning down generational money, like you said, he didnt have a pot to piss in growing up.

It would have been a huge risk to turn down that money and then get injured.   That’s always the concern for theses players and why ownership maintains the leverage for most of these guys careers.   

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

It's just business. Decisions are made and players will always disagree. Watson has leverage...if he tells Houston he's not going to play there they will trade him. He is coming off the best season of his career, and Houston does run that entire offense through him.

27 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

He should have had his attorney insert a clause in his contract indicating just that... If Ownership breaches the contract, he's allowed to be Granted his Full Release from said contract.

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It's just business. Decisions are made and players will always disagree. Watson has leverage...if he tells Houston he's not going to play there they will trade him. He is coming off the best season of his career, and Houston does run that entire offense through him.

No play... No pay... sue him for breach of contract & get another QB.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Notable that Watson’s agent is also Jalen Ramsey’s agent. Could be running a similar playbook to get Watson out of there

Like @JiF said not entirely the same situation, but David Mulugheta has some juice in the agent world and if it comes down to Deshaun really wanting out, he can make it happen.  I don’t think we’ll see the antics that Ramsey pulled just because Deshaun isn’t that kind of kid, he’ll let David do the heavy lifting if it comes to that.  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Good catch but not quite comparable.  lol  Ramsey showed up to preseason in a brinks truck with a hype man and a mega phone screaming to pay this man.  lmfao.  Waston posted a picture on social media in a jersey.  Never mind the faking injures and not playing etc et etc.  This has more a Jamal Adams feel to it minus the drama queen antics.

At the end of the day, all the kid did was post a picture of himself in a jersey of one of the greatest QB's off all time.  Again, insert Darnold or hell, Brady for that matter and the narrative is - Cali kid, big Montana fan, you can see how his influences shaped his game, nothing to see here.  

Yeah, I wasn’t comparing Watson and Ramsey as dudes. Just pointing out that the agent isn’t averse to helping his client get away from a bad organization. I’d imagine most of the blue blood agents would be averse to burning bridges with a franchise, but not this agent

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, jetsons said:

not true

You make a great point. As a Franchise QB he’s actually a lot harder to replace than a run of the mill starter. There are about 15 of those I would say. That makes him more like a captain or commander in NASA. 

I was a head hunter. Toughest search I ever did took me 4 days. Castrol North America was looking for a fluid engineer or product engineer, I forget it the exact title (was 1999 lol )but they gave me a list of 4 facilities in America they would accept cv’s from.   Talk about rare. 

you need to accept a simple fact that these guys are in a different universe and your norms don’t apply 

it goes both ways too, teams dump players “under contract “ on a daily basis 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I think people have a hard time seeing that...if you're promised something at work and your leadership does the exact opposite, you're going to be upset about it.  We just dont live in a world where a simple post with a jersey on defines your character and apparently also means that you're not allowed to have an opinion on anything even your own career because you are just an athlete/entertainment to me so just shut up and dribble.

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

If Darnold or Brady were having a Clear Disagreement with mgmt & it was widely known throughout the sports world & they did that the same inferences would be made... trying to make it a black & white issue is The False narrative.

Just now, T0mShane said:

Yeah, I wasn’t comparing Watson and Ramsey as dudes. Just pointing out that the agent isn’t averse to helping his client get away from a bad organization. I’d imagine most of the blue blood agents would be averse to burning bridges with a franchise, but not this agent

Well if that's the case, lets trade for this dick.  I love dick but I especially love this dick.  He's a special dick.  This dick shines on and off the camera.