Deshaun Watson is a d**k

HighPitch

6 minutes ago, jetsons said:

2 Words... Signed Contract

So?  People in every industry get out of contracts every day.  In football, thats much more difficult.  It is a closed market.  A true oligopoly.  As such, the worker has very limited leverage.  The power is in the hands of the relative fewer billionaires.  I just relate more to the situation Watson is in.  Sometimes, things just don’t work out.  

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

I think people have a hard time seeing that...if you're promised something at work and your leadership does the exact opposite, you're going to be upset about it.  We just dont live in a world where a simple post with a jersey on defines your character and apparently also means that you're not allowed to have an opinion on anything even your own career because you are just an athlete/entertainment to me so just shut up and dribble.

It's human nature to have less sympathy for those making hundreds of millions of dollars. Especially in a fan/pro athlete scenario.

12 hours ago, King P said:

So the player gets criticized when he wants out because he's "not honoring his contract" but yet I guarantee you wouldn't have the same energy for the team if they decided they didn't want to honor the contract and traded the player ?

You can trade a player and still be beholden to the contract. The contract doesn’t go away with a trade.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jetsons said:

If Darnold or Brady were having a Clear Disagreement with mgmt & it was widely known throughout the sports world & they did that the same inferences would be made... trying to make it a black & white issue is The False narrative.

Fine, maybe that example was too far because of the social media world we live in but everything else you neg rep'd was spot on.

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It's human nature to have less sympathy for those making hundreds of millions of dollars. Especially in a fan/pro athlete scenario.

Maybe but he didnt do anything.  He posted a picture in a jersey.  If this heats up and he does something worth being dragged through the coals for and characterized by despite everything else he's done, ok, lets talk but to villainize him for this is absolutely ridiculous.

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

Well if that's the case, lets trade for this dick.  I love dick but I especially love this dick.  He's a special dick.  This dick shines on and off the camera.

I’m on board with giving them Darnold, #2, #23, and possibly a one next year. Just do it.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Maybe but he didnt do anything.  He posted a picture in a jersey.  If this heats up and he does something worth being dragged through the coals for and characterized by despite everything else he's done, ok, lets talk but to villainize him for this is absolutely ridiculous.

I feel like the onus is on Watson to make the case as to why being a Texan is untenable, and it seems like that SI article is a good opening salvo to that end

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Wow, so, bottom line is that the owner has been enthralled with the unqualified Jack Easterby, who is nuts. No wonder both Watt and Watson are sounding the alarm. 

https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2021/01/16/texans-chaos-deshaun-watson-unhappy-how-jack-easterby-kept-his-job?__twitter_impression=true

Remember when Watt went off in an interview bashing O'Brien and the front office and that was awesome passion?

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m on board with giving them Darnold, #2, #23, and possibly a one next year. Just do it.

Wouldnt even bat an eye, done deal.  Lets ******* go.  They still have plenty of money and picks to build around him between this year and 2022 and he could get to work immediately with Crowder and Mims.

14 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

So?  People in every industry get out of contracts every day.  In football, thats much more difficult.  It is a closed market.  A true oligopoly.  As such, the worker has very limited leverage.  The power is in the hands of the relative fewer billionaires.  I just relate more to the situation Watson is in.  Sometimes, things just don’t work out.  

Which is why his agent, if he was worth his salt, should have had a clause in his contract stating same. 

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Wouldnt even bat an eye, done deal.  Lets ******* go.  They still have plenty of money and picks to build around him between this year and 2022 and he could get to work immediately with Crowder and Mims.

I think you could make a pretty compelling sales pitch to free agents JuJu Smith-Schuster and/or Allen Robinson with Watson on the roster

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, jetsons said:

Because the team holds the rights to the contract... Not the player.

A contract is a mutual agreement between two parties. The rights of each are defined in it. Neither side has greater claim to it than the other.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Insert white QB - dude is a competitor, he just wants to win!!!

Black QB - thug turd, shut up and play

someone had to say it, it's ******* obvious. 

Just to let you know... the guy downvoting your posts once told me it was ok for the police to kill Black people because "Black people commit all the crimes"

Homer Simpson Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Well, I don't think it's racism in this case -- I think it's just the Darnold crowd desperately maligning every other potential option.

It fits the pattern. No one has been able to construct a coherent defense of Sam Darnold that focuses on anything he has done, it's all "well, his supporting cast sucks" or "All Ohio State QBs bust, all the available veterans suck/are too expensive."

Maybe for some, but not for all. It’s readily apparent.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

A contract is a mutual agreement between two parties. The rights of each are defined in it. Neither side has greater claim to it than the other.

Just a guess, but I’d wager that the contract has no language in it that sounds like “shut up and play, boy”.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Wait till he goes to Miami and then all you who are hating on him Gunna be shakin in your boots. 

we should trade for him not only because we need a new QB but it’s bonus that we would essentially be keeping Miami from getting a franchise QB and essentially a top 5 QB in the league at young age. 

• Upvote 1

Regardless of your beliefs on this , its about to get very real. He will not be returning to the Texans. So , it comes down to whether you want to put together a package to get him. I would send the 2 and next yrs 1.. and maybe another 3 this yr... If that gets me a top 10 qb for next 10 yrs, i am in. We would still have plenty of picks, and Fa $$ to build around him...for those who want to stick with Sam, he will Never be anything close to Watson, Never.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

28 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

100%.

White player complains: passion, leadership, initiative

Black player complains: selfish, overrated, whiny, lazy, unwilling to honor contract

Rather than arguing, y’all should sh*t up, and go read about unconscious bias.

I personally thought Jamal Adams complaining showed passion, leadership and initiative ....I can’t speak for anyone else

• Haha 4