Deshaun Watson is a d**k

HighPitch

36 minutes ago, riggy001 said:

Regardless of your beliefs on this , its about to get very real. He will not be returning to the Texans. So , it comes down to whether you want to put together a package to get him. I would send the 2 and next yrs 1.. and maybe another 3 this yr... If that gets me a top 10 qb for next 10 yrs, i am in. We would still have plenty of picks, and Fa $$ to build around him...for those who want to stick with Sam, he will Never be anything close to Watson, Never.

LOL

I think every Jets fan would make this trade. The Texans on the other hand, would laugh their t!ts off at you and immediately hang up the phone.

In order to obtain Watson, the Jets are most likely going to have to give up every major asset that they’ve acquired over the last year.

All 4 of those 1st round picks over the next two years will evaporate.

And then you’re bringing in a QB making almost $40 million a year and sticking him in the same sh*tty situation that he’s presently in with the Texans.

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

LOL

I think every Jets fan would make this trade. The Texans on the other hand, would laugh their t!ts off at you and immediately hang up the phone.

In order to obtain Watson, the Jets are most likely going to have to give up every major asset that they’ve acquired over the last year.

All 4 of those 1st round picks over the next two years will evaporate.

And then you’re bringing in a QB making almost $40 million a year and sticking him in the same sh*tty situation that he’s presently in with the Texans.

Neither you nor I know what the deal would be, that said, i would have to see what it looked like. Since we have not had a franchise qb since the 1st few yrs of Namath, i would likely pay the price. 

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Maybe for some, but not for all. It’s readily apparent.

There’s always some ding dongs but don’t think that’s the narrative here. This is a fan base that nearly universally is celebrating the hiring of Saleh and backed Geno Smith despite evidence he was a dbag and sucked at football. Had plenty of debates with the Genoids back in the day. I think some just see it as a complete admission by the team that Darnold sucks and just as with Geno, they will fight against anything that shows they were wrong in an Internet messageboard.

The SI article is quite the read. As @T0mShane mentioned earlier. There is a lot of stuff that would make me want to bounce out of that organization. Unqualified decision makers and mix of faith into business decisions. As someone who is definitely not in the majority (person of color, minority religious beliefs in the US) I can understand the general discomfort someone might feel in that situation. Additionally it's important not to decontextualize the situation. This is the same McNair that said allowing the players to kneel shouldn't be allowed and that they were "letting the inmates run the prison". Again I think there is a lot of cultural issues going on in Houston right now.

I'll link it again for those who missed it in the scrum earlier:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/01/16/texans-chaos-deshaun-watson-unhappy-how-jack-easterby-kept-his-job

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

3 minutes ago, TheMo said:

The SI article is quite the read. As @T0mShane mentioned earlier. There is a lot of stuff that would make me want to bounce out of that organization. Unqualified decision makers and mix of faith into business decisions. As someone who is definitely not in the majority (person of color, minority religious beliefs in the US) I can understand the discomfort with the general discomfort someone might feel in that situation. Additionally it's important not to decontextualize the situation. This is the same McNair that said allowing the players to kneel shouldn't be allowed and that they were "letting the inmates run the prison". Again I think there is a lot of cultural issues going on in Houston right now.

But a contract is sacrosanct (until the team decides to cut or trade a player).

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

But a contract is sacrosanct (until the team decides to cut or trade a player).

You know it's funny that you bring that up. Because I actually side with team on that one. I think that signing bonus represents the risk the team takes financial. We have plenty of experience with a guy like Holmes or Mo Wilk who take SB and loaf after. My issue with this situation, which I mentioned in my post, has more to do with what I think is a toxic and inappropriate work environment. 

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

Pac obv

Hey any ideas when Broadway is going to get going, any movement for fall? I imagine it's gotta be a 9-12 month process so I reckon people are talking about,. 

Last September lol

Honestly, because of the new PPP, shows are going to begin production in the next month, but as for when they think they’re opening a theater, it’s who knows at this point. They’ve had stagehands doing prep work for the past month and a half, though

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Last September lol

Honestly, because of the new PPP, shows are going to begin production in the next month, but as for when they think they’re opening a theater, it’s who knows at this point. They’ve had stagehands doing prep work for the past month and a half, though

If you switch opening a theater for play a competitive game of football this is basically the Jets.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Wow, so, bottom line is that the owner has been enthralled with the unqualified Jack Easterby, who is nuts. No wonder both Watt and Watson are sounding the alarm. 

https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2021/01/16/texans-chaos-deshaun-watson-unhappy-how-jack-easterby-kept-his-job?__twitter_impression=true

Pretty great work by SI. Jack Easterby is a legit con man

• Upvote 2

They aren’t in the real world. They have agents, marketing agents, PR agents and get National television coverage to leverage their position and only 32 humans on earth can do the job 

NASA literally has more astronauts 

Yes, let’s now compare NFL QBs to NASA astronauts. I’m in.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Easterby is arguably and justifiably the one guy Bellichick hates more than Eric Mangini. And now he's threatening to sue SI and Bob Kraft. This is total craziness. If their ownership doesn't fire him and soon, the Texans are going to be the biggest joke of a franchise in NFL history. Again, Watt and Watson are salt of the earth guys; these are guys you want being the face of your franchise, and this guy has gone about alienating them. That's nuts.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3258068/jack-easterby-takes-a-break-from-embarrassing-the-texans-to-talk-about-suing-si-and-the-kraft-family-for-defamation

Jack Easterby Takes a Break From Embarrassing the Texans to Talk About Suing SI and the Kraft Family for Defamation

Jack-Easterby.5d3069b6.jpg

If you're not totally familiar with Jack Easterby, the man who started his NFL career as team chaplain for the Patriots before landing a job with the Texans, then quickly seized power, got Bill O'Brien (who'd hired him) fired, alienated everyone, pilfered Nick Caserio away from New England, made Deshaun Watson demand a trade and whose only defender seems to be one Twitter account that may or may not be his own burner, let me bring you up to speed here, here and here

You might think that's a lot for a guy who only arrived in Houston this time last year. But as with anyone on TV who tries to get the public to buy his bullsh1t no one asked for or needs, this bulb-headed phony with the insincere grin is now saying, "But wait! There's more!" 

Source - On the eve of the finale of the Texans’ lost 2020 season, Jack Easterby preached. In the preceding weeks, as scrutiny both inside and outside the building swelled around the character coach turned acting GM, Easterby seemed to some to have been keeping a lower profile. But now, he took acting head coach Romeo Crennel’s place at the head of a team meeting.

Easterby delivered a speech that was described in multiple direct accounts as a lengthy missive intended to be rousing. The discourse centered almost entirely on Deshaun Watson, the Texans’ star quarterback ... but to the dismay of many, he did not extend the same attention to: J.J. Watt ... the turmoil that engulfed the organization; the midseason firing of coach Bill O’Brien; or the future of a franchise seeking new leadership. ...

[M]ultiple players texted their representatives that night to describe a meandering address unlike any they’d heard. Others, one source said, left the meeting “pissed off,” believing Easterby’s only intention was to curry favor with the quarterback. Watson, if anything, was embarrassed by the show, two sources said. 

And as if shamelessly sucking up to Watson, ignoring the million pound elephant in the room that is all the chaos he himself has created, and generally humiliating himself wasn’t enough, Easterby chimes in with this bit of, "Now how much would you pay? But wait! There's still more!"

Thumbnail.5ea74420.jpg

It would take a heart of stone not to laugh.

The irony here is off the charts. This is a guy who spent his last several years of his time in New England trying to embarrass the very organization that gave a Theology major an unlikely career in pro football. Easterby was the “multiple sources“ in pretty much every hatchet piece you read about the Patriots. That’s just my speculation, but it’s shared by many inside the building at One Patriot Place. And if you have any doubts, ask yourself when was the last time you read a really nasty article about turmoil in the Patriots front office that quotes anonymous sources? If there has been a single one since this jug-eared dork left for Houston, I definitely missed it.

And so here is this good Christian that is willing to bear false witness against his neighbors, claiming that his neighbors a bearing false witness against him. And responding just like Jesus would. By threatening a lawsuit. I mean, we all remember that passage in the New Testament when Christ complained that people were saying bad things about him and threatened to take the Pharisees to Pontius Pilate court.

Just one thing though. When you’re the VP in charge of a pro team and a sports journal writes negative stuff about you and your response is to sue them and your old employer for defamation, that’s probably a pretty good indication you’re not cut out for this line of work. But I’m sure Sports Illustrated and the Kraft family would love the opportunity. Depositions in a civil suit go both ways. And it’d be a great chance to hear what Easterby has to say under oath about the sh*t he pulled in Foxboro. Bring it on.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Easterby is arguably and justifiably the one guy Bellichick hates more than Eric Mangini. And now he's threatening to sue SI and Bob Kraft. This is total craziness. If their ownership doesn't fire him and soon, the Texans are going to be the biggest joke of a franchise in NFL history. Again, Watt and Watson are salt of the earth guys; these are guys you want being the face of your franchise, and this guy has gone about alienating them. That's nuts.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3258068/jack-easterby-takes-a-break-from-embarrassing-the-texans-to-talk-about-suing-si-and-the-kraft-family-for-defamation

I don't know much about Easterby but let's be realistic here, it was Bill O'brien who made this team a joke by his horrific handling of the roster. Obviously the owner takes some of that heat because he gave him the job. 

54 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

I would put SF in the mix as well. Texans would prefer to trade Watson to the NFC if such a trade happens.

They could definitely be in the mix but they don't really have the ammo to get him. It would come down to Watson saying he'd only be willing to play there.

On 1/15/2021 at 8:42 PM, flgreen said:

This is the way it works in the real world.  In my profession  I live and die by contracts.  It really annoys me when these Bozos, who have been spoiled since they were 8 YO, just ignor the law every one else has to live by. 

For starters, sports arent the real world.  The draft, slotted salaries, trades, FA rules etc all fly in the face of real world rules and laws.  So talking real world is kind of funny

How is he not abiding by the contract he signed?

You know and not acting like we do in the real world.