:smirks:

Just now, Team archer said:

Draft at 2 or is that ridiculous? How many spots would you drop to safely draft him

It all depends on what JD and the NY Jets organization thinks of him and decide to do with Sam Darnold. 

Kid is good no doubt and will definitely fit the system. 

Personally I think JD wants to draft his QB and Robert Saleh's wants a choice who the QB is. 

• Upvote 1

Has some talent, will definitely be a good fit in a Shanahan style offense.

That being said, taking him at #2 overall? That's a hard pass from me. With so many options on the table (Watson, Darnold, Fields) you guys are willing to go into the 2021 with a guy who had 2 major surgeries already? The kid looks barely old enough to start for a HS Varsity team...

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

19 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

Has some talent, will definitely be a good fit in a Shanahan style offense.

That being said, taking him at #2 overall? That's a hard pass from me. With so many options on the table (Watson, Darnold, Fields) you guys are willing to go into the 2021 with a guy who had 2 major surgeries already? The kid looks barely old enough to start for a HS Varsity team...

Where would it be okay to take him?

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Is that really what you took away from watching that video?

Not all of it certainly. But let’s be real here.  College highlights are just that.. The competition steps up exponentially. How many highlights do you see that you know ( if you know the game like I do because I’ve coached it- not at this level)- but still.. College players always have a HUGE separation and the defense is nowhere near as complex as a pro defense. I get it. This kid has some talent. But there were several throws in there that were an absolute “ no no” in the NFL.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Of course it’s a highlight reel - but to come away with - I’m worried because he made good plays that wouldn’t work in the NFL - isn’t being fair.

Don’t look at the TD’s but look at the things that can’t change regardless of highlight reel or competition....

look at his feet 

look at his release

look at his arm strength

look at the way he’s almost never locked in on a receiver.  He seems to be always looking another way before he turns his head and fires.

To a lesser degree his accuracy - yes guys being open can effect that but the ball does seem to be going exactly where he wants.

The guy is a legitimate top NFL prospect.  You can agree with that or not but we should stop pretending that taking him at 2 would be some type of joke.

Look at his throwing motion. Maybe that's why he's had two shoulder surgery's

• WTF? 1