2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

you saw the super bowl right? imagine if Mahomes didn't have a line every single week, then take away all this talented WRs...oh and no TE oh and have gase coach? YOu think Mahomes would win? sure he probably would have wont he same games Sam did, maybe a few more, but he would look like trash and just every know and then make a play work while running for his life and getting knocked around. 

The reason people like sam is because he is very talented, it literally takes no complex thought or training to see his talent. He has made plays and made people around him look good at times, but that was not the case, his team was terrible and the people he threw to were terrible, the plays and line were all ....yup you guessed it terrible...i.e. all the drops and most interceptions..

I read your comments and just wonder if you have watched any of the games. Because it doesnt seem like you did. Most people that evaluate talent will all tell you the kid never got a fair shot, right or wrong doesnt mattter, it is what it is, but when people say you know, Sam just needs a change of scenery, a new team to give him a second chance. a team with a little protection, some talent on the offensive side of the ball and some good coaching will do him good.

Well Saleh and Joe think that second team is the NY Jets. Think about. new coaching, plays desinged to help him and at least now 2 WR that are big and can catch the damn ball. Its a pretty good start and we are only in day to of FA.

Sam might still be a bust, gase may have broke him with his stupid ass coaching, but my guess is he will be fine and rebound just like Tannehill in Tenn. 

I watched every snap of Sam's career as a Jet unfortunately. And I did watch the Superbowl too. Yes I agree that the Jets did a terrible job of giving a better team to work with.

Sam is very talent based on what I should ask you? Because he made a throw running out of the pocket? Thats basically the only thing he's maybe good at, you probably can find he throwing more interceptions than TD's in those kind of situations.

I like that in your analysis of Sam's game is there every one is trash, WRs, Coaches, Olineman, but you forget to point out that he's the worst QB with a clean pocket in the league, that his footwork and decision making are trash.

As I said if Sam played for the Bears you would never want this guy here, see Trubisky as an exemple, a QB who has played 5x better than Sam. But I see what you are saying tho, you want to give him every "weapon" available just for him to become a more mobile, with less arm strength, Jared Goff.   

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

I watched every snap of Sam's career as a Jet unfortunately. And I did watch the Superbowl too. Yes I agree that the Jets did a terrible job of giving a better team to work with.

Sam is very talent based on what I should ask you? Because he made a throw running out of the pocket? Thats basically the only thing he's maybe good at, you probably can find he throwing more interceptions than TD's in those kind of situations.

I like that in your analysis of Sam's game is there every one is trash, WRs, Coaches, Olineman, but you forget to point out that he's the worst QB with a clean pocket in the league, that his footwork and decision making are trash.

As I said if Sam played for the Bears you would never want this guy here, see Trubisky as an exemple, a QB who has played 5x better than Sam. But I see what you are saying tho, you want to give him every "weapon" available just for him to become a more mobile, with less arm strength, Jared Goff.   

Pretty much. The Jets already have an abundance of picks. If they want to deal #2 because they don’t like Wilson enough, fine. Trade out and take a QB or trade for Mariota or both(getting late in the game for that). But the decision to get rid of Darnold needs to be made and there’s no circumstance that should allow him to be back as the penciled in starter. Moving on from Darnold has to be the first step to move forward here.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

But the decision to get rid of Darnold needs to be made and there’s no circumstance that should allow him to be back as the penciled in starter. Moving on from Darnold has to be the first step to move forward here.

Yes

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

or trade for Mariota

No

10 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

On the bright side, if Joe Douglas keeps Darnold it will be the first time in NFL history, a team with the NFL’s worst starting QB on a expiring contract, drafting top 2 in a QB heavy class, trades down because they want to get more draft picks. 

But hey did you know Sam beat the Rams? That victory against the COVID19 Browns was impressive. He's so talented!!! Lets trade down and draft a skinny TE

• Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 3

1 minute ago, Grandy said:

I feel like people are trying to talk themselves into why this isn't absolutely asinine. Trading down might be nice, but then you're just pushing away the inevitable QB upgrade where you'll have to forfeit the precious capital that incentivized you to trade down in order to move up in the future or trade for a guy in what's expected to be a weaker QB class. 

It’s not. I see both arguments. One way you potentially get a good young QB. The other you potentially can build out a very thin roster. 
People weren’t even talking about Wilson until recently. We have no idea what QBs might pop up and surprise. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Guilhermezmc said:

But hey did you know Sam beat the Rams? That victory against the COVID19 Browns was impressive. He's so talent!!! Lets trade down and draft a skinny TE

Don't forget that big baddie gase forced him against his will to throw back foot into double coverage, stare down receivers, and not read the field. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

Someone that that ilk to just be on the roster paired with a rookie. Brissett or Fitz were available. All of these guys are better than Darnold.

I would honestly be open to taking a QB and then having Flacco just be the bridge. Though I would be lying if I said I wasn't intrigued by possibly having Fitz in that role. 

• Upvote 1

One thing I'm also not sure about is how ballsy Douglas has to be to bet on Darnold, because his career hinges on this decision. Darnold has probably gotten a GM, 2 HCs, and 2 OCs fired in a 2 year span. Yes, they were bad, but if Darnold was as good as advertised who knows. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Barkus said:

Leo is playing this perfectly. He is young and quite durable. He has the giants over a barrel. He can be the Kirk cousins of DL. He can pocket 19 million this yr and giants will have have to franchise him again next year guaranteeing another 20 plus or he will be unrestricted FA next year. He is either guaranteed 40plus million for next 2yrs by the giants or will be FA after this season, not bad.

If the Giants were to let him go he would get that on the open market.  Does anyone truly contend that he does not start on the Jets?  Even after our free agent spending we can easily afford him.

1 minute ago, Samtorobby47 said:

It’s not. I see both arguments. One way you potentially get a good young QB. The other you potentially can build out a very thin roster. 
People weren’t even talking about Wilson until recently. We have no idea what QBs might pop up and surprise. 

It’s dangerous to look in the future either way tbh, you can’t sit there and say it’s logical to stick with Sam and hope someone in college emerges next year, the most logical thing would be to get the highly touted QB while you can, no? 

What if the teams picking at the top next year need QBs? Then what? Trade for and hope for a Wentz like situation? Sign some washed vet?  I can’t see how there is any logic in passing on a QB this year, we have a surplus of draft picks

Just now, nycdan said:

Stop.

Adam Gase got Adam Gase fired.  Perhaps with a little help from Macc.

Adam Gase is more responsible for the fall of Sam Darnold than Darnold is for the fall of Adam Gase.  IMO.

Gase was atrocious. All I'm saying is that if Darnold was better himself maybe things are different. If Darnold put up the numbers that Tannehill did under Gase I think we'd still have the wandering eyeball on our team.

Just now, oatmeal said:

It’s dangerous to look in the future either way tbh, you can’t sit there and say it’s logical to stick with Sam and hope someone in college emerges next year, the most logical thing would be to get the highly touted QB while you can, no? 

What if the teams picking at the top next year need QBs? Then what? Trade for and hope for a Wentz like situation? Sign some washed vet?  I can’t see how there is any logic in passing on a QB this year, we have a surplus of draft picks

Would you feel the same way if Zach Wilson got abducted by aliens tomorrow and we had to select from Fields, Jones or Lance?

Just now, Grandy said:

Gase was atrocious. All I'm saying is that if Darnold was better himself maybe things are different. If Darnold put up the numbers that Tannehill did under Gase I think we'd still have the wandering eyeball on our team.

And for that we owe Darnold an eternal debt.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Stop.

Adam Gase is more responsible for the fall of Sam Darnold than Darnold is for the fall of Adam Gase.  IMO.

How can you say this? At least Gase has had some type of success in this league and all his prior QBs all put up better numbers than Darnold. Gase isn’t a good coach but Darnold sucks more 

24 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

And get a worse return? Makes no sense.

This is a fan base that saw how gut-wrenching the whole Revis situation got. Can you imagine the insanity that Deshaun Watson holding out of camp would bring? It's easy to say now that they won't trade him before the draft, but the pressure is very real.

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Stop.

It's hard to argue that Sam went from having an "okay" rookie season to complete garbage under two years of Gase...

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

Had Leo gotten free he would have gotten even more.  He is a bona fide two-gap end for a 3-4 who can play inside or out on a 4-3 line.  That versatility means he can start for any team in the league and upgrade their line.  I wish him well and remind everybody that he is a ten year starter in the NFL.  We got weaker when he left.  And I contend he LEFT.  We did not give up on him or decide he was not worth resigning.  He made it clear that he was LEAVING.  Harsh but true.  We have paid a price for being poorly run.  I wish it was not so.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1