2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

18 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Get me Golladay, Thuney and Lawson and I’ll be happy. Time to be aggressive.  What’s the point of having cap space.

I really don't see the point in getting Thuney if you get Linsley.  He is the better option because you move McGovern to RG and resign Elflein.  He was QUITE effective.  Cameron Clark might be ready to battle for a spot as well.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Here's a pretty cool chart

Very cool man, nice chart. I don’t know if they’ll be in the market for Barrett but if they could land either Lawson, Okwara, Reddick, or Hendrickson that would be pretty good!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

Very cool man, nice chart. I don’t know if they’ll be in the market for Barrett but if they could land either Lawson, Okwara, Reddick, or Hendrickson that would be pretty good!

Agree...I really like Lawson with his age/upside and likely to be cheaper than the others

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Why do you think he’ll be cheaper? The “advanced metrics” seem to suggest he’s a top edge on the market 

I think its more wishful thinking on my part because I've been a fan of his since college.  He was flying under the radar, but probably did too well this year to remain cheap lol.  Here's a pretty good dive into him that someone did of him if you care (its only 5 min):

• Upvote 3

PFF predicts JUJU to the JETS

“Contract Analysis: Even before the 2020 season began, pundits predicted that Smith-Schuster would be playing his final season in Pittsburgh. With the emergence of Diontae Johnson and Chase Claypool, that’s now even more of a safe bet.

Prediction: Jets sign Smith-Schuster for four years, $68 million ($17M APY): $35M total guaranteed, $22M fully guaranteed at signing.”

• Upvote 1

PFF predicts Judon to the JETS: 

“Contract Analysis: It appears Judon is facing the same fate as former Ravens edge rusher Za’Darius Smith, especially after Baltimore doled out huge extensions to cornerback Marlon Humphrey and left tackle Ronnie Stanley. Reigning MVP Lamar Jackson is eligible for an extension after the season, as well.

Prediction: Jets sign Judon for four years, $64 million ($16M APY): $33 million total guaranteed, $21 million fully guaranteed at signing.”

• Upvote 1

Expected to pursue multiple receiver upgrades, the Dolphins are believed to have significant interest in adding Golladay, Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald notes. While they will have company, should Golladay indeed hit the market, Beasley adds the team is “determined” to sign a No. 1 wide receiver.

A pair of popular Seahawks players didn’t get franchised: running back Chris Carson(per NFL.com’s Tom Pelissero on Twitter) and cornerback Shaquill Griffin (per NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport on Twitter). The team is planning to (at least) make a pursuit at retaining Griffin, per Rapoport.

• Sympathy 1

As a reminder, here are the players who have reportedly been tagged over the past 48 hours:

Bears: WR Allen Robinson 

Buccaneers: WR Chris Godwin 

Giants: DL Leonard Williams 

Jaguars: OT Cam Robinson 

Jets: S Marcus Maye 

Panthers: OT Taylor Moton 

Saints: S Marcus Williams 

Washington: G Brandon Scherff 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

A pair of popular Seahawks players didn’t get franchised: running back Chris Carson(per NFL.com’s Tom Pelissero on Twitter) and cornerback Shaquill Griffin (per NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport on Twitter). The team is planning to (at least) make a pursuit at retaining Griffin, per Rapoport.

With the $$$ Adams is going to want SEA is going to have a hard time keeping Griffin

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

I remember saying out loud CHASE WINOVICH!  CHASE WINOVICH!  And then, Mac picked Jachai Polite....and then Chase Winovich went to the Patriots.  And then Jachai Polite never actually made the team.  SOOOO awesome being a Jet fan and watching Mac waste pick, after pick, after pick, after pick.....

I get a lot of picks wrong, but I was all over that one as well.

Mac seems like a nice guy, but he was a Crap GM.

The Bills have released wide receiver John Brown and defensive lineman Quinton Jefferson, per a club announcement. The release of Brown will save $7.9MM against the cap with $1.6MM left in dead money. Meanwhile, Jefferson’s release will save $6.5MM with no dead money left over.

16 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

I really don't see the point in getting Thuney if you get Linsley.  He is the better option because you move McGovern to RG and resign Elflein.  He was QUITE effective.  Cameron Clark might be ready to battle for a spot as well.

Never said Linsley. I prefer Thuney to linsley anyway.