2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

46 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I'm fine with Thuney and resigning Maye, but I want nothing to do with Fuller.  He just can't stay on the field.  He is a walking injury.  

Love the Thuney idea (Or the C from Green Bay) but Fuller would make me nuts. Signing that guy after letting Robby walk would be insane. 

2 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Prepare for disappointment. The Shanahan offense does not require investing high picks or big FA dollars in RBs. The Jets aren't taking a back before round 3, and probably not even then

Already prepared tried and trued for disappointment.

Where you been the last 52 years...........

8 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Is there an updated list of FA’s now that franchise rates are being handed out.

I kind of always expected the best FA we WRs we might have a shot at the be Juju and Curtis Samuel. Neither of which satisfies the need for a #1, but will get paid like it.

I would not mind Ju Ju.  He would have to play outside for us but he has the size to play the X.  I know he plays the slot for the Steelers but he has some versatility.  I would prefer A Robinson but know that is not going to happen.  We would still need to draft wideout high. 

3 hours ago, nyjbuddy said:

Perhaps Douglas can make a run at Andre Dillard who has had a rough time up in Philly.  Former first round pick that got injured last year and there were talks of the Eagles trying to trade him last year.  Sending the Eagles a 7th for Dillard who can sit behind Fant for a year and take over long term might be a good investment.  He can join former Washington State teammate Frankie Luvu.

Dillard has not shown he can play in the pros.  Right now, he is a disappointment.  The guy has four starts due to injury.   I would not be interested unless he is on the street.

2 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Then we can have two athletic underachieving  tight ends on the roster.  Pass.

I realize that Herndon dropped his chances last season.  But he is a solid blocker and a solid starter if he catches the easy ones he dropped last season.  Njoku needs to improve as a receiver.  He is no threat to take Herndon's job because he does not block well enough. 

I did not suggest I would give much for Njoku.  A 7th is what I was thinking. 

As for Preston Smith, he is an instant starter in a 4 man line. 

2 hours ago, RVAJet815 said:

Love the Thuney idea (Or the C from Green Bay) but Fuller would make me nuts. Signing that guy after letting Robby walk would be insane. 

I like them both.  Fuller may not be an ideal addition and I too worry about the injuries.  But he is a proven Z who stretches the field.  They are hard to find.  We need to add a wideout in free agency and in the draft. 

Ex-scout proposes 1st-round trade involving Jets’ Sam Darnold

Updated 3:43 PM; Today 3:22 PM 

The New York Jets might trade quarterback Sam Darnold.Andrew Mills | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

Facebook Share

Twitter Share

By Chris Franklin | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

The Jets and general manager Joe Douglas have said that they would listen to offers for quarterback Sam Darnold, especially with the team holding the second overall pick in this year’s draft. One NFL draft analyst believes that the Jets could not only select a quarterback with that pick but potentially trade Darnold to obtain another high selection.

Speaking on a conference call with media members Tuesday, NFL Network draft analyst and former scout Daniel Jeremiahproposed a way for the Jets to obtain another first-round pick if a trade included Darnold and another draft pick.

“When you look at Carolina, Denver, and San Francisco, I think all three of those teams could make sense as trade partners for Sam Donald if they decided to go that route,” Jeremiah said. “I know people say there’s no way they’re trading a top-12 pick for Sam, but I think there’s a way you could work something out there where you attach Sam with another pick. To me, I’d be trying to figure out a way where you can do Sam and pick 34 and see if that would do it to get all the way back up there in the top eight, nine, or 12 positions. Now you’re the Jets, and you’re dancing up there with those picks.”

Jeremiah had the Jets taking BYU quarterback Zach Wilson in his most recent mock draft. Jeremiah said that if the Jets did decide to go with Wilson, he would save the Jets $10 million and give the team an extra year of control.

The Jets already have five picks in the first two rounds. With so many needs on both sides of the ball, the Jets have the flexibility to add some impact players and position themselves to have a good draft. Jeremiah said what Douglas does with the second overall pick would be the most important decision he makes as the team’s general manager.

“Joe is going to have a lot of fun with this draft because he has an arsenal of weapons to use here to try and get this roster in better shape,” Jeremiah said. “It starts with the number two pick in and starts with the evaluation of Sam Donald and what they want to do at that spot.”

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Jeremiah said. “I know people say there’s no way they’re trading a top-12 pick for Sam, but I think there’s a way you could work something out there where you attach Sam with another pick. To me, I’d be trying to figure out a way where you can do Sam and pick 34 and see if that would do it to get all the way back up there in the top eight, nine, or 12 positions. Now you’re the Jets, and you’re dancing up there with those picks.”

It’s nice to dream but realistically, it’ll probably be a third rounder.

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

CHASE WINOVICH!

screammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

I remember saying out loud CHASE WINOVICH!  CHASE WINOVICH!  And then, Mac picked Jachai Polite....and then Chase Winovich went to the Patriots.  And then Jachai Polite never actually made the team.  SOOOO awesome being a Jet fan and watching Mac waste pick, after pick, after pick, after pick.....

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1