Kyle Trask

How does Kyle Trask differ from Wilson and Fields? His production and leadership seems great. Take out his Bowl performance where most of his guys opted out and he's had a pretty historic outing. Stands at 6'4, 230 lbs

4,300 yards, 43 TDs, 8 Int (3 in bowl game)

Where do you guys stand on Trask?

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

I don;t think he is in their league. 

I'd have him as about the 6th best QB prospect.

The bowl game probably hurt him, people will point to that as a reason he is not an A grade guy.

Was nice of these dudes to abandon  their QB and let him sink because they opt out.  That game put a negative tick beside Pitt's name in my books.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I don;t think he is in their league. 

I'd have him as about the 6th best QB prospect.

The bowl game probably hurt him, people will point to that as a reason he is not an A grade guy.

Was nice of these dudes to abandon  their QB and let him sink because they opt out.  That game put a negative tick beside Pitt's name in my books.

He threw over 400 yards against two of the top defense in the country in Bama and Georgia. Something Fields didn't come close to sniffing. But to have him at 6th is fair and fits the opinion of the majority. Not that you're interested but does Toney get the same treatment as Pitt?

19 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

How does Kyle Trask differ from Wilson and Fields? His production and leadership seems great. Take out his Bowl performance where most of his guys opted out and he's had a pretty historic outing. Stands at 6'4, 230 lbs

4,300 yards, 43 TDs, 8 Int (3 in bowl game)

Nice find.

He's extremely limited.  Limited athlete, limited arm.  Pretty much hit his ceiling this season me thinks.  He is beyond awful when facing pressure too, like, Sam Darnold bonehead type bad.  Totally loses his marbles when the pocket collapses and he's a lumbering runner who hurts watching try to move.

Emory Jones wont have the weapons but I think he'll make the Gators offense more dynamic.

• Upvote 2

So 5 replies in, 

- Lacks arms strength

- Limited athlete

- Cant face pressure

- Cant run

- Lumbering/ Slow footed

- Name is almost trash

If all this is true, how did the man pass for almost 4500 yards and 40+ TDs? I want to see an answer that isnt just "The system" or "Pitts". 

I d9nt even care about him as a prospect but I want to see a more critical analysis than the same ol talking points people use when they dont like a guy. 

• Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, JTJet said:

So 5 replies in, 

- Lacks arms strength

- Limited athlete

- Cant face pressure

- Cant run

- Lumbering/ Slow footed

- Name is almost trash

If all this is true, how did the man pass for almost 4500 yards and 40+ TDs? I want to see an answer that isnt just "The system" or "Pitts". 

I d9nt even care about him as a prospect but I want to see a more critical analysis than the same ol talking points people use when they dont like a guy. 

I'm on the same boat. It's seems everyones following the consensus and I just want someone to challenge the narrative.

Kyle Pitt totaled 770 yard. Minus that from Trask and he has just as many yards as Wilson. 

1 hour ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

He threw over 400 yards against two of the top defense in the country in Bama and Georgia. Something Fields didn't come close to sniffing. But to have him at 6th is fair and fits the opinion of the majority. Not that you're interested but does Toney get the same treatment as Pitt?

Yes

NFL GM's are not drafting college stats.  They're drafting translated skill-sets to the NFL game.  

Whatever he's lacking in those natural traits is what's keeping him out of the top group.

I don't know enough about him but his skills can be perfect for the college game but don't translate well to the NFL.

2 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

He's my preference in this draft I think.  

Not because he is an elite prospect, on the contrary, he is a "maybe a solid enough mid-tier NFL starter, maybe" level prospect.

No, it's because he is low-risk, later-round, with a clear cut resume of success vs. mostly top competition, and he'd ready to compete at the NFL level day 1.

I don't trust the top prospects this cycle to be worth what it costs to get them.

So rather than reach on a very risky 2nd or 3rd QB prospect, I'd prefer to either draft a Franchise Tackle to pair with Becton, or an elite #1 overall WR prospect, or trade down only so far as to still get one of the top 3 WR prospects.  Then I would take Trask in the 2nd or 3rd.  And I'd go heavy Offense all throughout the draft and FA.

I'd have an open competition in 20221 at QB, Darnold, Trask, Morgan.  Best player playing the best wins.

I appreciate how unpopular this would be with the Fans, but it's probably what I'd do.  That, or I'd grit my teeth and draft Fields at #2, or Jones at #23 if he fell that far (he likely won't).  I pass on Wilson 100% of the time. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

51 minutes ago, JTJet said:

So 5 replies in, 

- Lacks arms strength

- Limited athlete

- Cant face pressure

- Cant run

- Lumbering/ Slow footed

- Name is almost trash

Dan Mullen is a legit QB guru, offensive genius and the offense was loaded and I think Trask was just a really really good at executing the passing game.  They had to throw throw throw some more to move the ball and make up for how terrible their defense was this season. He had the most pass attempts in all of college Football and their RB's only score 6 TD's on the season.  Mullen went yolo passing the last 2 years because he couldnt run his normal playbook with Trask.  Believe it or not, he was limited with his play calling but I think Trask really just mastered his passing game concept so Mullen said **** and went all out.  He also had a ton of yolo balls where his guys just made plays because yes, the offense was that loaded. 

Pitts, Toney, Grimes had 31 combined TD's and are all going to be playmakers on Sunday.  Justin Shorter, transfer from Penn St. was the #3 overall WR prospect in the country. will also play in the NFL.  Jacob Copeland was also a very highly recruited player who actually turned down Bama for Florida.  

Trask reminds me a ton of Danny Wuerffel. Accurate, rhythm, timing passing who succeed in offense designed to score 40pts a game surrounded by NFL talent.

15 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

I'm on the same boat. It's seems everyones following the consensus and I just want someone to challenge the narrative.

Kyle Pitt totaled 770 yard. Minus that from Trask and he has just as many yards as Wilson. 

And now you are taking this conversation to where it really needs to go which is Kyle Pitts is the pick at 2

Pitts 7 catches for 129 and a TD facing Alabama 

15 hours ago, addage said:

Yet another generational QB for JD to think about.

Not a huge Trask fan and clearly Kyle Pitts made him look a lot better (which is exactly why we need to draft Pitts at 2)

But there is no real reason why Fields and Wilson are considered sooooooo much better other than media hype

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Not a huge Trask fan and clearly Kyle Pitts made him look a lot better (which is exactly why we need to draft Pitts at 2)

But there is no real reason why Fields and Wilson are considered sooooooo much better other than media hype

Trask threw for

350 yards 6 TDs, 0 Int vs Arkansas 

380 yard, 3 TDs, 0 Int vs Vanderbilt 

470 yards, 2 TDs, 2 Int vs LSU

Without Pitts

But I'm not too high on him myself but not sure why the gap is that huge bewteen the class of QBs.

• Upvote 1

On 3/8/2021 at 12:18 AM, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Trask threw for

350 yards 6 TDs, 0 Int vs Arkansas 

380 yard, 3 TDs, 0 Int vs Vanderbilt 

470 yards, 2 TDs, 2 Int vs LSU

Without Pitts

But I'm not too high on him myself but not sure why the gap is that huge bewteen the class of QBs.

Pitts will make any qb look good in the nfl.  A 6-6 guy who’s fast, has length, ball skills, runs excellent routes and is smart.  

It should be fun watching Ashtyn Davis try to cover him when he’s on Miami?