***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

5 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

You think he has gotten better?? I’m confused 

He looked like straight up garbage against Atlanta 

Yeah, you are confused. That happens when you don't read carefully. 

Someone said he got worse since week 1. He clearly didn't get worse from Week 3 to week 4 where he carried this team to a win. So no, he hasn't not JUST gotten worse. There was at least 1 good week in between. 

If we had benched him week 3, we never would have seen the week 4 performance. 

Do  you suggest we just start him when he plays well? Maybe check in with Nostradamus before each game. 

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Atlanta game was the same as the Tennessee game without WR's making heroic catches on 50/50 balls in the final minutes.

SAR I

Corey Davis leads the  NFL in drops. He finally caught a ball thrown right into his hands and you are acting like he pulled a David Tyree. The long pass to Cole was also right in his hands. If you thing the Cole catch was a 50/50 ball you once again prove your ignorance. 

Man, I really hope I never turn into a bitter SOJF like you. Must be torture to watch a game with someone like  you. 

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If Zach Wilson were a Miami Dolphin, the JN illuminati would be blasting Rush, funneling Keystone, and howling around a firepit at midnight naked covered in pig blood.

But because he's a Jet, no, he's just having 'rookie moments'.

SAR I

This is the sad, embarrassing truth. 

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If Zach Wilson were a Miami Dolphin, the JN illuminati would be blasting Rush, funneling Keystone, and howling around a firepit at midnight naked covered in pig blood.

SAR I

No. Trevor Lawrence is 0-5. Has more INTs and TDS and only clowns like you would think he is bad. Yes, it's rookie moments on bad teams.  Only idiots would suggest Lawrence and/or Wilson are to blame for their teams failures.  

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yeah, you are confused. That happens when you don't read carefully. 

Someone said he got worse since week 1. He clearly didn't get worse from Week 3 to week 4 where he carried this team to a win. So no, he hasn't not JUST gotten worse. There was at least 1 good week in between. 

If we had benched him week 3, we never would have seen the week 4 performance. 

Do  you suggest we just start him when he plays well? Maybe check in with Nostradamus before each game. 

I still dont get your point? So he hasn't gotten better since week 1? You liked the TN game, we get it, but as a body of work you are arguing progress? 

I know London games are early but perhaps you didn't wake up to watch?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

I just don't buy into the learn by watching thing in the NFL. Can it be useful at times sure. By QBs learn by playing. I have been watching the Chopin competition in piano. It has not made me a better pianist.

Yeah, sure didn't work out for Aaron Rodgers and Steve Young. You seem to be forgetting this isn't a normal team with normal coaching. Everyone involved is learning at the same time and not very well I might add. Yet, if you are happy with the first few weeks then I'm not going to tell you not to be. The kid has yet to improve, he's literally getting worse as time goes on. But yeah, hold the course Captain and don't worry about that Iceberg, this baby was built for that shit. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The most obvious time to sit him would have been after those two bad games against the Pats and Broncos. You realize that means he would have missed his best game where he literally carried the team to a win against the Titans? 

Holy hell really? He played awful for 60% of that game. He blew two chances to win it himself. We won on a missed field goal in overtime. I'm sorry dude but in this case lucky is not better than being good. What exactly did he learn in his amazing game carrying us to victory that carried over to this last week? From what I saw? That shit isn't working week in and week out in the NFL, learn to take the easy stuff. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

If you think he got worse from the Broncos game until the Titans game I don't think we are watching the same games. 

60% of the Titans game he was terrible. His late game heroics isn't going to win in the NFL week in and week out until he gets the routine stuff down From the game in London he didn't learn a damn thing from that game. Certainly didn't learn to not throw a routine 5 yard out at the feet of the receiver or bounce a pass off your linemans fat neck. 

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

No. Trevor Lawrence is 0-5. Has more INTs and TDS and only clowns like you would think he is bad. Yes, it's rookie moments on bad teams.  Only idiots would suggest Lawrence and/or Wilson are to blame for their teams failures.  

So are you suggesting @SAR I is an idiot? ?‍♂️

if we weren't picking 3rd Sam would still be here. you cant waste a chance when you pick that high and already know you need a new QB to pass up picking one. but we both know Gase had to go.
you are one of the most impatient men i ever met and after knowing how bad a HC Gase was you were going to give him a 3rd year? you want to get rid of Saleh after 5 games...
we do have vets on D. Mosely, Joyner, Maye, and Curry. now all but Mosely got injured but theres nothing you can do about that. 
the problem is not JD, its Wilson. if feet had hands attached to them we would be 2-3. hell if the defense held them on that last drive and kept it at 3 or even 6 points we could have won.
all the offensive rookies are struggling cause of Wilson. the defensive rookies are playing good. even the OL has been playing better. only gave up 2 sacks on Sunday. 
you keep Sam and Gase and they do exactly what they did last season. win just enough games to put us out of reach for the best QB in the draft. 
your plan sounds like the same one that was talked about before the draft. build the team then add the QB. problem with that is the team will be good enough to keep you drafting low so you cant get a top QB. 

You can pass on a QB when said QB has so many red flags. Period. We had no reason to force the QB pick at all, we could have used that to fortify the team and stockpile picks for next year. It’s absolutely what we should have done and it has nothing at all to do with Sam Darnold. We could’ve just lame ducked the guy for one more season easily. Instead we forced our own hand with a QB that isn’t even remotely ready to play in the NFL and in my opinion now, as it was before we drafted him, never will be.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Post of the Week 3

18 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

60% of the Titans game he was terrible. His late game heroics isn't going to win in the NFL week in and week out until he gets the routine stuff down From the game in London he didn't learn a damn thing from that game. Certainly didn't learn to not throw a routine 5 yard out at the feet of the receiver or bounce a pass off your linemans fat neck. 

Nah, he was good from the middle of the second quarter onwards in the Titans game. 

He was dreadful in the Pats game and most of the Falcons game. The whole offense was asleep for the Bronocs game and most of the Panthers games. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Holy hell really? He played awful for 60% of that game. He blew two chances to win it himself. We won on a missed field goal in overtime. I'm sorry dude but in this case lucky is not better than being good. What exactly did he learn in his amazing game carrying us to victory that carried over to this last week? From what I saw? That sh*t isn't working week in and week out in the NFL, learn to take the easy stuff. 

LMAO, you still don't get it. Everyone here bashes the Oline, kills the OC, agrees that we have no running and that Corey Davis has 5 drops which I think leads the NFL and we have the worst TE in the NFL and your conclusion from all of that is "OMG our QB should be benched and let Mike White or some Mike Glennon type to take over."

Remember when Darnold struggled early in his career and missed games for "injuries" then came back and was just so amazing? Oh right, that didn't happen because not playing doesn't help a player learn how to be a better player. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

If JD was Adam Gase, would the Jets have started 5-0 this year?

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

LMAO, you still don't get it. Everyone here bashes the Oline, kills the OC, agrees that we have no running and that Corey Davis has 5 drops which I think leads the NFL and we have the worst TE in the NFL and your conclusion from all of that is "OMG our QB should be benched and let Mike White or some Mike Glennon type to take over."

Remember when Darnold struggled early in his career and missed games for "injuries" then came back and was just so amazing? Oh right, that didn't happen because not playing doesn't help a player learn how to be a better player. 

Ah but you get it of course! 

Build a team by putting a young QB in a horrible situation with no way to succeed. Sounds like a smart way to build a qb and team. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, thebuzzardman said:

JD can salvage the organization by adding more meatnecks to it, like this promising young man

CIs-ctNO.jpg

We have found the opposite of Mike Glennon.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

This is my objectivity test: what would we be saying if Miami was in this situation? We would indeed be howling with laughter right now that they whiffed on Zach lol.

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

Mental wins!

• Upvote 4

No one is blaming Zach Wilson for 1-4.

We are simply saying he sucks and Joe Douglas picked a bust.  Again.

SAR I

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Yeah, sure didn't work out for Aaron Rodgers and Steve Young. You seem to be forgetting this isn't a normal team with normal coaching. Everyone involved is learning at the same time and not very well I might add. Yet, if you are happy with the first few weeks then I'm not going to tell you not to be. The kid has yet to improve, he's literally getting worse as time goes on. But yeah, hold the course Captain and don't worry about that Iceberg, this baby was built for that sh*t. 

57 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Holy hell really? He played awful for 60% of that game. He blew two chances to win it himself. We won on a missed field goal in overtime. I'm sorry dude but in this case lucky is not better than being good. What exactly did he learn in his amazing game carrying us to victory that carried over to this last week? From what I saw? That sh*t isn't working week in and week out in the NFL, learn to take the easy stuff. 

54 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

You're so sexy when you bring the heat and speak the real talk.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

Corey Davis leads the  NFL in drops. He finally caught a ball thrown right into his hands and you are acting like he pulled a David Tyree.

The Tennessee Davis TD was a 50/50 that it would be caught or intercepted.  It was thrown into tight coverage.  Whatever window Zach saw when he waved his paw closed by the time the ball got there.

The long pass to Cole was also right in his hands. If you thing the Cole catch was a 50/50 ball you once again prove your ignorance. 

The Tennessee Cole completion was 50/50 that it would be caught or out of bounds.  If Cole doesn't have the feet of Fred Astaire, it's incomplete.

Zach Wilson is Gary Sanchez.  Can occasionally take a lucky swing and hit a home run, but the rest of the time he's striking out badly.

SAR I 

48 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

You can pass on a QB when said QB has so many red flags. Period. We had no reason to force the QB pick at all, we could have used that to fortify the team and stockpile picks for next year. It’s absolutely what we should have done and it has nothing at all to do with Sam Darnold. We could’ve just lame ducked the guy for one more season easily. Instead we forced our own hand with a QB that isn’t even remotely ready to play in the NFL and in my opinion now, as it was before we drafted him, never will be.

This.

Furthermore, we should have not only kept lame duck Sam Darnold but we should have kept lame duck Adam Gase and his coaching staff too.

A rebuilding team flips the QB and the HC only when the roster is ready to take the Big Step the following season.  We would have a QB in his 3rd year in the system, gradually bringing the rookies onboard, being comfortable himself, making them comfortable.  An average NFL offense would produce enough points to be competitive, no blowouts, and in turn the D feels more committed and doesn't quit because they're not behind 13-0 at the end of the first quarter.

Not only has Joe Douglas drafted horribly and missed on his discount shopping in free agency, but he put a high-risk rookie QB and a high-risk rookie coaching staff running a high-risk system atop it all and set us back further.  We are farther away from the playoffs in 2021 than we were in 2019 because of his incredibly bad decision making.  He has got to go.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This.

Furthermore, we should have not only kept lame duck Sam Darnold but we should have kept lame duck Adam Gase and his coaching staff too.

A rebuilding team flips the QB and the HC only when the roster is ready to take the Big Step the following season.  We would have a QB in his 3rd year in the system, gradually bringing the rookies onboard, being comfortable himself, making them comfortable.  An average NFL offense would produce enough points to be competitive, no blowouts, and in turn the D feels more committed and doesn't quit because they're not behind 13-0 at the end of the first quarter.

Not only has Joe Douglas drafted horribly and missed on his discount shopping in free agency, but he put a rookie QB and a rookie coaching staff atop it all and set us back further.  We are farther away from the playoffs in 2021 than we were in 2019 because of his incredibly bad decision making.  He has got to go.

SAR I

Not this. 

44 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Sam Darnold had a worse OL, a worse set of weapons, the worst HC/OC in the history of the NFL, was battling mononucleosis, had a harder schedule and managed to win 7 games!

45 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Drumroll please....  He had better coaching!  Turns out, Adam Gase does a great job with a broken rebuilding injured roster and Robert Saleh is nothing more than a head cheerleader with a slogan no one believes in allowing the world's most sophisticated offense to be installed with a quarterback that can't make a 5 yard throw, an immobile offensive line, and a neophyte offensive coordinator. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Nah, he was good from the middle of the second quarter onwards in the Titans game. 

He was dreadful in the Pats game and most of the Falcons game. The whole offense was asleep for the Bronocs game and most of the Panthers games. 

I thought he actually played ok with the Panthers and was let down by the offense. I do love his toughness, way tougher than I would have guessed. 

• Upvote 1

Actually I thought Darnold came back and actually did play better after his fake injury. Yes, rest of the offense blows and letting the kid down. Especially in Panthers game, best total effort he made for me honestly. But, nobody but him is throwing short and off target on routine throws. He needs to clean up the routine stuff period, but yeah he needs everyone around him to step up. So in conclusion....

FREE DENZEL!!!!!

30 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

You’d make a lousy lawyer

I dunno he's freaking amazing at dragging stuff out.

Reminds me of the best compliment I ever got from an adversary. "My God you are good at delaying."

Damn right buddy. Your client will run out of cash before mine. See you at trial in 8 years.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

The fact that Adam Gase sucked has nothing to do with the fact that Joe Douglas, Robert Saleh, and Zach Wilson suck worse.

Believe me, I wanted to believe your silly myth that getting rid of Gase was going to fix everything too, but I knew better.

We'll be 3-30 in the post-Gase era.  You got what you wished for.  Enjoy. 

SAR I

55 minutes ago, viffer said:

Well, SAR is the one who argued for a year what a great HC Gase was, so...

SAR argued that Adam Gase was a good rebuilding head coach who got the most out of his weaponless quarterback and had a knack for getting his players to buy in and play hard even though back to back seasons couldn't be salvaged and they had nothing to play for.

Silly me, kinda sorta sounds like the type of leadership we could use right now, but what do I know.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

You just suggested that Darnold had all these "worse" weapons around him. So who is this GM that has created all these better weapons then?

See how silly you come across at times?

Purina is better than Alpo but they're both dog food.

See how ignorant you come across at times?

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2

25 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I thought he actually played ok with the Panthers and was let down by the offense. I do love his toughness, way tougher than I would have guessed. 

Yeah, until Mr. & Mrs. JetBlue convince him that he should save himself for the trade and his next contract and he contracts the "ankle".

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

49 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Tennessee Davis TD was a 50/50 that it would be caught or intercepted.  It was thrown into tight coverage.  Whatever window Zach saw when he waved his paw closed by the time the ball got there.

The Tennessee Cole completion was 50/50 that it would be caught or out of bounds.  If Cole doesn't have the feet of Fred Astaire, it's incomplete.

Zach Wilson is Gary Sanchez.  Can occasionally take a lucky swing and hit a home run, but the rest of the time he's striking out badly.

SAR I 

Wait What?

That throw to Cole in Overtime was a thing of beauty. Either you just want to get under people's skin, which I guess you you might like to do or you are clueless about the sport of football. Either way, it isn't a good look. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Wait What?

That throw to Cole in Overtime was a thing of beauty. Either you just want to get under people's skin, which I guess you you might like to do or you are clueless about the sport of football. Either way, it isn't a good look. 

Wilson has made some throws. I will grant you that. But his overall work has been getting worse, not better. After 5 games I expect a little growth