***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

50 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

NOT on inheriting the money... he is simply unaccomplished.  He has done nothing that the public can see that would tell us he has business acumen.  Woody is the constant.  It starts at the top.  

That you don’t know how accomplished he is or isn’t within his many foundations doesn’t mean he is incapable.  Anymore than having run a string of car dealerships or whatever translates to picking HCs who develop or GMs

while it also has nothing to do with being able to make the right hires.  

50 minutes ago, Biggs said:

There's no defence of Woody.  He had very shady business dealings in florida real esate and he was involved in a tax fraud scheme that failed and he paid his way out of it with the IRS.

There is nothing about Woody that spells ethical, competent businessman and owner.   Not to say many of the other owners aren't in the same boat.  Many of them are actually great businessmen and operate in an ethical manner.  Woody is one of the ones who doesn't.  

This is overflowing facts, I’m not doing it.  Investing in a group that gets into tab issues is like calling my cousins a thief got having lost millions with Madoff

While it also has absolutely nothing to do with someone’s ability to make the right hires.  And don’t have a clue about the rest of the 32 owners and their backgrounds

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

We can't let them think we don't realize it.

So many think this is Year 1 for Joe Douglas, that he's part of the "new Saleh regime".  It's sickening.

I have to hand it to the Johnson's though.  They're straight out of central casting.  The Rex Ryan impersonating GM.  The Pete Carroll impersonating HC.  The Justin Bieber cute QB.  If you can't win, just make a good movie.

SAR I

But they seem to have gotten the K right. So you gotta be happy there.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, KINGDIRK said:

Are we still mad at JD for not resigning Robby Anderson? Asking for a friend. 

Last 16 games: 3 TDs. He’s gone over 80 yards receiving in a game just twice. Ten of those 16 games, he’s been under 50 yards receiving. 

I saw a few posts calling him an idiot and a one trick pony. It brought back all the memories

26 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The good news is Woody and Chris absolutely love Douglas and Saleh.  Both are here at minimum through the 2023 season.  Thank goodness Woody and Chris has finally made the right decision.

Saleh isn't going anywhere but Douglas will be fired in 4 months if this continues.  21 games in and Douglas is 3-18 and tracking to have a 2 year record of 3-30.

John Idzik went 12-20.

Mike Maccagnan went 15-17.

The Johnson's didn't sign up for this following an optimistic 7 win season, a franchise quarterback who was Top 10 in QBR, a very popular homegrown Pro Bowl safety, and the departure of Tom Brady from the AFC East.  

SAR I

2 hours ago, jamesr said:

So ... fire everyone and start "Rebuild IV : This Time We Get It All Right"?

Yes, exactly.

We are the worst destination for any talent in all of professional sports.  We don't get A grade GM or HC candidates thrown our way.  We get the desperate ones, the flawed ones.

There is one benefit in being trapped in this situation-   we don't have to play the continuity game, we don't need to impress future candidates with demonstrations of tenure and loyalty.  The desperate and flawed will always want a job, any job.

So the object is to bring them in here, quickly decide if we found a diamond in the turd pile, and if we haven't, get rid of them and move on to the next one.

Turning over GM's and HC's every year or two is exactly what we should be doing.  It's the only way we are going to find a good one.  You have to keep looking.  Sticking with ones who are failing negates the one benefit of being such a lousy destination.  Douglas is heading to 3-30.  His hit rate is less than 20%.  Onto the next one.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The good news is Woody and Chris absolutely love Douglas and Saleh.  Both are here at minimum through the 2023 season.  Thank goodness Woody and Chris has finally made the right decision.

Woody and Chris are both empty suits who's management style is fall in love, fall out of love with the people they hire to manage their business.

4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Woody and Chris are both empty suits who's management style is fall in love, fall out of love with the people they hire to manage their business.

The Jets don't attract Blue Chip talent.  The Johnson's are always the wallflower, always the last girl to be asked to the dance.

When you don't get A's and B's to choose from and you're suck with C's and D's, you do exactly what the Johnson's are doing.  Churn 'em and burn 'em.

Can you say that there is a single HC or GM that the Johnson's hired that qualifies as 'the one who got away'?  

Al Groh
Herman Edwards
Eric Mangini
Rex Ryan
Todd Bowles
Adam Gase
Robert Saleh

Terry Bradway
Mike Tannenbaum
John Idzik
Mike Maccagnan
Joe Douglas

The answer?  Nope.  We can't attract top talent because of our record.  We live in a world where we get the flawed and the desperate.  History shows that getting rid of these guys were all good decisions and holding onto them longer wasn't the right move.  We need to move on and keep churning GM's and HC's until we get it right.  Joe Douglas is on the runway.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, kmnj said:

you are what your record says you are -Bill Parcells

If it is broken time and patience wont fix it-change is the only option even if it means you have to keep making moves-you dont stay in a bad relationship because it is new once you know it is bad you get the F out

the cards did this and the bills did this  and both are pretty competitive teams right now

time and patience is not what creates success -good people with a plan are what creates success

Yes you are what your record says you are. But is there anyone, that looked at this team in pre-season, that thought this was a team that had a chance to even compete? Reasonably?

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

Yes you are what your record says you are. But is there anyone, that looked at this team in pre-season, that thought this was a team that had a chance to even compete? Reasonably?

If this team is a tough out the last 6-7 games of the season, and the QB is starting to click, then I will feel good. You are right, nobody in their right mind should have though more than 4-5 wins. This season is not about the first half, not with like half the guys playing being 1st and second year players. It's about week 10-17.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Depends. I thought we’d see more production from this draft class to date. Last years already looks like a whiff. That’s by far the biggest concern. Will we be saying the same thing next season? Going into every year with no hope to compete isn’t a rebuild.

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

so you are saying Joe put together a terrible roster that is not able to compete ? the  roster and the team have not improved under  Joe & that is a fact as indicated by our record-

there are PLENTY of folks on this very board that they the  jets would be competitive before the year. I was NOT one of them because I think Joe is terrible

2 minutes ago, kmnj said:

so you are saying Joe put together a terrible roster that is not able to compete ? the  roster and the team have not improved under  Joe & that is a fact as indicated by our record-

there are PLENTY of folks on this very board that they the  jets would be competitive before the year. I was NOT one of them because I think Joe is terrible

No. What I am saying is that Joe D inherited a terrible mess of a roster. One that needed a complete overhaul. That overhaul is in process. 

• Upvote 2

I cant wait until  next year when folks say you didnt really expect them to be able to compete this year again-I mean it will only be Joe's 4th year getting paid by the jets and he will have had 3 drafts and 4 off seasons to work with. Joe is the anti Parcells-he is in it for the long haul  to make us worse each and every year

39 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes, exactly.

We are the worst destination for any talent in all of professional sports.  We don't get A grade GM or HC candidates thrown our way.  We get the desperate ones, the flawed ones.

There is one benefit in being trapped in this situation-   we don't have to play the continuity game, we don't need to impress future candidates with demonstrations of tenure and loyalty.  The desperate and flawed will always want a job, any job.

So the object is to bring them in here, quickly decide if we found a diamond in the turd pile, and if we haven't, get rid of them and move on to the next one.

Turning over GM's and HC's every year or two is exactly what we should be doing.  It's the only way we are going to find a good one.  You have to keep looking.  Sticking with ones who are failing negates the one benefit of being such a lousy destination.  Douglas is heading to 3-30.  His hit rate is less than 20%.  Onto the next one.

SAR I

That's an excellent cost benefit analysis. One thing that does make the Jets attractive at the moment is all the draft capital they have, that can be used to seed future draft capital if they trade down with some of those premium picks.

A few examples of Desperate for a NFL head coaching job candidates.

DR (Desperate Retreads): Doug Marrone, Jason Garrett, Leslie Frazier.

DN ( Desperate Neophytes): Brian Callahan, Kevin O'Connell, Klint Kubiak. 

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

No. What I am saying is that Joe D inherited a terrible mess of a roster. One that needed a complete overhaul. That overhaul is in process. 

he took the team and made it worse and the  record shows this-his process stinks and as of now his overhaul stinks

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

How we can even argue about this is puzzling. Woody has been with the Jets for two decades. It’s steadily gotten worse over the last 10 years. He’s the ultimate decision maker.

@Jet Nut Don't tell me, tell him.   Woody's WIKI page is absent any accomplishments. His brothers, is a paragraph.  Yet he leaves a billion dollar business to his frat boy brother.

Telflon JOe

Joe hired the staff

Joe picked the players

the team is awful again showing no real progress

Dont blame Joe though even through everything runs through Joe-he has a 8 year plan and each year will be a re set from scratch

Next year's excuse will be Joe just drafted all of these guys (with next years draft capitial) and our team is young- to be fair Joe needs 3 more years before you can judge him on next years draft-that 

Joe sucks he is just like those before  him-he is a hybrid verson of Mac and Izadick

I am certain Joe will be defended though as blindly as Mac and Izadick were as we waste another  2-3 years.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, kmnj said:

the only genius thing Joe D has done is got fans to think each year is year one of his rebuild-Joe  has been getting paid for 3 years now

Hired on June 7th, 2019. That's two years. First year was NOT his roster or his coach. I dont mind hammering someone but lets at least get the facts correct please

33 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

@Jet Nut Don't tell me, tell him.   Woody's WIKI page is absent any accomplishments. His brothers, is a paragraph.  Yet he leaves a billion dollar business to his frat boy brother.

Don’t tell me anything.  You’re still confusing facts about the man with thinking that means things have been going smoothly and his last hires haven’t sucked.  It’s not a case where I’m defending his record, it’s you thinking he’s made bad decisions because of reasons I don’t agree with. Didn’t mean we don’t agree on the bottom line

50 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

That's an excellent cost benefit analysis. One thing that does make the Jets attractive at the moment is all the draft capital they have, that can be used to seed future draft capital if they trade down with some of those premium picks.

A few examples of Desperate for a NFL head coaching job candidates.

DR (Desperate Retreads): Doug Marrone, Jason Garrett, Leslie Frazier.

DN ( Desperate Neophytes): Brian Callahan, Kevin O'Connell, Klint Kubiak. 

Bring 'em on.  The only way we're going to find a good one is by taking chances more frequently than we do currently.

The Jets strategy is sound-  Young DC from a Super Bowl team, young GM from a Super Bowl winning team, its no different than the Bills with McDermott and Beane.  We just didn't pick the right guy(s).  We will eventually.  Just need to constantly be looking and hiring them.

SAR I

52 minutes ago, kmnj said:

he took the team and made it worse and the  record shows this-his process stinks and as of now his overhaul stinks

+1

Joe Douglas can't pick players.  It's really as simple as that.  We've seen 2 drafts and 2.5 free agency periods.  His hit rate is in the 20's.  It's unacceptable.  30 months is enough time to call it.  It's more than what Idzik got and we were right about Idzik.

The Johnson's may suck when it comes to hiring GM's and HC's but they are spot-on when it comes to firing them.  They haven't made a firing mistake yet.  20 years.  Impressive.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

41 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

Hired on June 7th, 2019. That's two years. First year was NOT his roster or his coach. I dont mind hammering someone but lets at least get the facts correct please

Joe Douglas' 2019:

Lost Chandler Cantazaro

Signed Kaare Vedvik

Signed Ryan Kalil

Signed Ryan Griffin

Signed Alex Lewis

Signed Luke Falk

Signed Nate Hairston

Signed Demaryus Thomas

Waived Keleche Osemele

Claimed Braxton Berrios

Claimed John Franklyn-Myers

Traded Parry Nickerson

Traded Leonard Williams

That's a hell of a lot of signings, releases, trades, and waiver activity in the first few months of his tenure in 2019.  That's more than Mike Maccagnan or John Idzik accomplished in their first post-draft June to December timeframes.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

36 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Joe Douglas' 2019:

Lost Chandler Cantazaro

Signed Kaare Vedvik

Signed Ryan Kalil

Signed Ryan Griffin

Signed Alex Lewis

Signed Luke Falk

Signed Nate Hairston

Signed Demaryus Thomas

Waived Keleche Osemele

Claimed Braxton Berrios

Claimed John Franklyn-Myers

Traded Parry Nickerson

Traded Leonard Williams

That's a hell of a lot of signings, releases, trades, and waiver activity in the first few months of his tenure in 2019.  That's more than Mike Maccagnan or John Idzik accomplished in their first post-draft June to December timeframes.

SAR I

Some good moves in there as well. Most teams have similar amount of moves throughout camp and the season.   Joe made a mistake not bringing in a vet qb this year and his line needs to get better, fast.

44 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Joe Douglas can't pick players.  It's really as simple as that.

The NFL is hard. It's really as simple as that. Nobody consistently wins or loses money at picking players. There are a number of studies, plus it's intuitively a very obvious example of the skill paradox. You can't reasonably expect to get from 2-14 to anywhere good by out-evaluating the 31 best evaluators in the world.

• Upvote 1