The Jets have 13 picks in the 2022 draft

NYJ1

6 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

We only have one 4th in 2022 - our own went to Seattle as part of the Jamal Adams trade.

But, yes, plenty of prime picks this year and next to help accelerate the rebuild.

Verify that and I will.....

8 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

I keep seeing D Smith dropping in mocks

seeing around the 12 pick

if he really falls there, would love a trade up with all these pick we have for the next 2 years 

Just took DeVonta Smith at 13 in the JN Mock Draft.  I had this exact thought.  Not sure how Waddle is being elevated over Smith.  I get the small frame, but the dude is just a playmaker.  If he falls past 10, I would love to move up assuming it won't cost us a 1 next year.

• Upvote 1

Just now, WhartonJet said:

Just took DeVonta Smith at 13 in the JN Mock Draft.  I had this exact thought.  Not sure how Waddle is being elevated over Smith.  I get the small frame, but the dude is just a playmaker.  If he falls past 10, I would love to move up assuming it won't cost us a 1 next year.

I'm thinking it would be too costly as much as I love Smith....

Team Transactions
Round 1
Jets

Jets

Seahawks

Seahawks

Jets

Jets

Traded • Jamal Adams • 2022 fourth round pick (?-?) to Seahawks for • Bradley McDougald • 2021 first round pick (?-?) • 2021 third round pick (?-?) • 2022 first round pick (?-?) on 2020-07-25

Round 2
Jets

Jets

Panthers
Panthers
Jets

Jets

Traded • Sam Darnold to Panthers for • 2021 sixth round pick (#226-?) • 2022 second round pick (?-?) • 2022 fourth round pick (?-?) on 2021-04-05

Round 3
Jets

Jets

Round 4
Jets

Jets

Seahawks

Seahawks

Traded • Bradley McDougald • 2021 first round pick (?-?) • 2021 third round pick (?-?) • 2022 first round pick (?-?) to Jets for • Jamal Adams • 2022 fourth round pick (?-?) on 2020-07-25

Panthers
Panthers
Jets

Jets

Traded • Sam Darnold to Panthers for • 2021 sixth round pick (#226-?) • 2022 second round pick (?-?) • 2022 fourth round pick (?-?) on 2021-04-05

Round 5
Jets

Jets

Steelers

Steelers

Jets

Jets

Traded • Avery Williamson • 2022 seventh round pick (?-?) to Steelers for • 2022 fifth round pick (?-?) on 2020-11-02

Round 6
49ers

49ers

Jets

Jets

Traded • Jordan Willis • 2021 seventh round pick (?-?) to 49ers for • 2022 sixth round pick (?-?) on 2020-10-27

Buccaneers

Buccaneers

Jets

Jets

Traded • Steve McLendon • 2023 seventh round pick (?-?) to Buccaneers for • 2022 sixth round pick (?-?) on 2020-10-19

Jets

Jets

Round 7
Jets

Jets

Steelers

Steelers

Traded • 2022 fifth round pick (?-?) to Jets for • Avery Williamson • 2022 seventh round pick (?-?) on 2020-11-02

Four 1's, Three 2's and Three 3's.  Ideally, on a team that is so devoid of talent that becomes 10 starters even if they don't win the job right away as a rookie. 

22 starters makes a  starting lineup. Do the Jets have 12 starting caliber players to begin with to begin with? I've got them with no more than 10. JD really has a lot of heavy lifting to build this team through the draft. With the exception of Maye, Becton, Q  and Mosely they have an expansion team level of talent.

C/G - McGovern (I prefer G)

T - Becton

WR - Mims, Davis Crowder (could use an upgrade, but we'll say they are starting caliber)

DE - Lawson

DT - Q

LB - Mosely

CB - Hall

S - Maye  

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, chirorob said:

You remind me of my 12 year old son.

He finds a semi funny joke, and just repeats it over and over and over and over again, until it is 10 feet into the ground.

You remind me of my sister.

Every random negative thought that passes through her mind just has to find its way over the tongue, around the teeth, and through her lips.

SAR I

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Is she hot?

LOL, no.

Listen, Joe Douglas seems like a nice guy, but eventually he's got to be held accountable for the fact that we have a roster worse now than the one he inherited, he whiffed on back-to-back FA periods, and he just lost Sam Darnold for nothing that will improve our team this season.  

I don't want to hear anymore about draft picks or cap room.  I want players.  I want an NFL roster.  It's time for him to put up or shut up.  He doesn't get 4 years from a fanbase that gave Adam Gase 4 games.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

We essentially have 3 drafts over the next two years.

That's an extra free year of picks. 

JD really did set himself up to turn this thing around, he just needs to hit now.

This is also before he most likely trades down a few times in this draft for future picks. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

We essentially have 3 drafts over the next two years.

That's an extra free year of picks. 

JD really did set himself up to turn this thing around, he just needs to hit now.

Exactly right. He accomplished the first part with the pick accumulation, now he and his staff need to have some solid results and the Jets will have a quick turnaround. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

LOL, no.

Listen, Joe Douglas seems like a nice guy, but eventually he's got to be held accountable for the fact that we have a roster worse now than the one he inherited, he whiffed on back-to-back FA periods, and he just lost Sam Darnold for nothing that will improve our team this season.  

I don't want to hear anymore about draft picks or cap room.  I want players.  I want an NFL roster.  It's time for him to put up or shut up.  He doesn't get 4 years from a fanbase that gave Adam Gase 4 games.

SAR I

This is far fetched criticism.  No GM is going to rebuild a team through FA.  First, its way to expensive. Second, quality FA's don't want to come to a team that's equivalent to primordial ozze.   JD's 1st year was a waste since he didn't get a chance to draft players.  He was stuck with a mindless HC in Gase as well.  The roster he inherited was in absolute shambles. The OL was abysmal. There's only so much you can do with your hands tied behind your back.  In 2 years, JD has made considerable progress. The OL is much more stable, still sucks, but will be better after this draft.  The WR corps has been upgraded significantly and I believe JD will get a good WR in this draft somewhere in round 3-4.  We have a new HC and OC with an exciting approach to defense and offense. AND we have moved on from Darnold Duck and cut our losses.  When we get studs in the draft, develop them, see QW, then you will have a competitive team that FA's will consider playing for. And even then, there are only so many FA's any GM can sign.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

LOL, no.

SAR I

Coming from a Gase apologist, anything you say goes in one ear and out the other!

Mike Drop.jpg

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This is 100% correct.

Going forward the roster has to get better and get better fast.

This thing was such a disaster that in order to rebuild properly it took a two year clean-up.  I have no problem with him going all in on the rebuild.  He didn't half-ass it and I'm good with that...

But yes, the cupboard is as bare as it can be - this team is fully stripped down.  The cap and draft capital is all there now. 

The talent level HAS to start getting better, no doubt.

No more trading away good players, no more letting our best players go in FA - The easy part is over - but I believe it was done right.

Before trading Sammy, but after FA, this team was already BETTER than the 2020 team.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

LOL, no.

SAR I

Will you please stop with the dingbat narrative? Lol JD intended to build the second and third string using FA. He's using draft choices to build the starting lineup.

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

6 of them are round 5 and later. 

Love draft capital but I hope he uses some of that to dip into rounds 3-4. 

Who cares? He can use those picks to find a lot of role players or ST guys. You've heard the phrase, "Championships are won on the 3rd day of the draft? "