The value of a 1st Round RB has never been lower...

24 minutes ago, flgreen said:

yeah, IMO one of, or both of the RB's could be there at 34.

In my mind I would like to see the Jets go Wilson, OT (Teven Jenkins?) to be kicked inside at Guard this year.

When 34 came, if either ETN, or Harris was there, I would have a hard time passing on them 

It shouldn't be that hard to pass on them. The better value for RBs will be in the third round.

• Upvote 3

A good RB like Etienne or Harris improves this offense instantly it helps the passing game. 

A JAG RB like guys we have signed in free agency like Forte,Ivory,Gore etc over the years  have done nothing.

A JAG RB like we've been drafting like McGuire,Perine,Cannon etc  over the years have done nothing. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, QB1 said:

TREY SERMON IS RB1 OPEN YOUR IS EYES FOLKS 

also... with the bust rate or other positions a RB is honestly not a terrible move... 

No he isn't, he had about three out of this world games at the end of last year after only a so so college career before that.

Sermon is not in the class of Harris, etienne or even the NC guys

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Najee Harris reminds me of Derrick Henry.  Titans got lucky to get Henry in the 2nd.  A RB at 23 would not be a bad call.  

I think Henry was more of a big play back in college and projects to be the same in the pros. Just more explosive and an absolute load.

Henry slipped more because he was so gigantic he didn’t fit into prototypes, that’s not so much the case for Harris, and it turns out Henry may not be a prototype but he is definitely a freak and it doesn’t hurt him.

Just my opinion, but any team that thinks they’re drafting the next Henry will be disappointed. And I’m sure there will be several over the next few years. Green Bay already kind of did it last year.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I thought Perine was a speed burner back who you pimped a year ago.  

I supported him yes like I do almost every player who wears the laundry. 

I posted his highlight films hoping he lived up to them after he was drafted. 

I never said we should draft him. 

Patrick Mahomes,DeShaun Watson,DK Metcalf of recent those are guys I wanted drafted by the NY Jets. 

How about you. 

@Jet Nut

Just now, jetstream23 said:

I'd rather one of the second/third tier RBs at a much lower spot, like #86 or lower.  There are a handful of mid/late round guys who could be a fit for the Jets wide zone rushing scheme.

Those RB's usually are JAG's for the NY Jets. 

Why not the sure thing and change the way we've been doing things for 52 years. 

35 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No he isn't, he had about three out of this world games at the end of last year after only a so so college career before that.

Sermon is not in the class of Harris, etienne or even the NC guys

Look at his 3 cone and 10 yard split and tell me he’s not in their class... he blew them away. He looked like the best player on the field to me late in the season and he doesn’t have the mileage that Najee and Etienne do...

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

There are no sure things in the Draft.

Saleh was on the coaching staff of a team that got to the Super Bowl with this RB depth chart.  I think he'd prefer to deploy premium resources (Draft capital, FA $$$) in places other than RB.

1263405993_ScreenShot2021-04-18at10_17_13AM.png.ac631217ab6896b8de1b5205874568a5.png

And they lost to a Chiefs team whose leading rusher in the regular season had a grand total of 498 yards rushing.

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Exactly a superstar RB adds to the offensive revival here!

Harris and Etienne are good prospects, but not "superstar" prospects. Their stock has been inflated a bit because of the teams they play for. Taking a guy like Michael Carter in the third round is much better value.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

There are no sure things in the Draft.

Saleh was on the coaching staff of a team that got to the Super Bowl with this RB depth chart.  I think he'd prefer to deploy premium resources (Draft capital, FA $$$) in places other than RB.

1263405993_ScreenShot2021-04-18at10_17_13AM.png.ac631217ab6896b8de1b5205874568a5.png

And they lost to a Chiefs team whose leading rusher in the regular season had a grand total of 498 yards rushing.

Yes understood Saleh and those RB's got to the Super Bowl and they lost. 

I thought we were trying to win a Super Bowl here. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Really? That SB was a coin flip. For all intents that was a championship caliber team... 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Tannenbaum had a 1st round grade on Shonn Greene.  

Grades are one thing but isn't value a separate question?

I thought Jamal Adams was actually taken LATER at (#6) than his grade suggested.... and we still shouldn't have taken him in that spot.

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

They lost to a Chiefs team whose leading rusher in the regular season had a grand total of 498 yards rushing.

C'mon joewilly!!!!

1146093416_ScreenShot2021-04-18at10_33_22AM.png.3d8faeb09cc5a0f4fe8d5addd701281b.png

• Upvote 2

Last 2 times this team was worth a sht we had 2 of the best RBs we've ever had in Curtis and TJ.

You guys wanting to go forward with Tevin Coleman and Adams will be the first whining that Zippy isn't being surrounded with enough talent.  Our RB situation should be a higher priority than the WRs as presently constructed.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Sure things?  RB is among the most volatile positions.  Not only can injuries derail the careers of elite backs very quickly (which may well be happening to Saquon Barkley already), but there's absolutely no guarantee you'll find an elite RB by drafting one high.

Which of these highly drafted RB's over the past decade were "sure things"?

• Trent Richardson (2012, 1.3)
  • Leonard Fournette (2017, 1.4)
  • C.J. Spiller (2010, 1.9)
  • Rashaad Penny (2018, 1.27)
  • Jahvid Best (2010, 1.30)
  • Sony Michel (2018, 1.31)
  • David Wilson (2012, 1.32)
  • TJ Yeldon (2015, 2.36)
  • Ronald Jones (2018, 2.38)
  • Ryan Williams (2012, 2.38)
  • Kerryon Johnson (2018, 2.43)
  • Isaiah Pead (2012, 2.50)
  • Toby Gerhart (2010, 2.51)
  • Ameer Abdullah (2015, 2.54)
  • Bishop Sankey (2014, 2.54)

And as has been pointed out by other posters, Etienne and Najee Harris are far from being surefire elite talents.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Last 2 times this team was worth a sht we had 2 of the best RBs we've ever had in Curtis and TJ.

You guys wanting to go forward with Tevin Coleman and Adams will be the first whining that Zippy isn't being surrounded with enough talent.  Our RB situation should be a higher priority than the WRs as presently constructed.

I mean... Curtis Martin and Jones were pretty dam mediocre on their own... they ran behind ELITE o lines.

• Upvote 3