Zach Wilson Attempts to Convince Mom to Get Off Instagram

21 hours ago, Lith said:

Did he make the offer publicly, or did his mom share the content of what may have been a private conversation with her son on social media?  Seems to me like it was his mom who choose to reveal that Zach made the offer rather than ZW making a public offer to his mom. 

From the article:

"People out there that think I embarrass my son -- has he asked me to take down my social media? He has before. And he says ‘Mom, if it’s about money, I’ll give you money.’ I said ‘Zach, I don’t need your money,’" she said in her post.

If I were Zach (which I am not, but I do have a mom so I guess I am qualified to pass judgement), I would be pissed that mom shared what likely was a private conversation with her on social media.  He cannot control what his mom does, but it sure seems as if he needs to be careful what he says to her for fear that it will end up on her IG.  And that is sad.

Latest The Shadow GIFs | Gfycat

• Sympathy 1

On 7/4/2021 at 8:11 AM, ECURB said:

Who cares? Let her… why are you all following his mom on social media anyways? ??‍♂️?

Agreed.  I wouldn't even know about her if people here weren't posting this stuff.

To talk to her through social media?

******* creepy man. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, mfmartin said:

This is quite the assumption

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Indeed it is. But it is based on the information available and information that can be inferred from it.

1. She declared that her son has tried to induce her from posting because of the increased attention she is receiving and his concern about potential negative reflections on him

2. She declares she will keep posting her views despite the probable growing attention due to her son

Faced with the decision to respond to the possible risk to her son’s public reputation based on the current social environment, two decisions can be made:

1. Limit his exposure to reputational risk (I.e. restrictive access settings, censorship, etc.)

2. Disregard the risk and continue as before knowing the increased attention may lead to distractions or worse for her son. (Be true to one’s self, declare oneself as resolutely determined to continue “I was offered money to stop, but I won’t…” etc.)

Of course there are moral and value judgments here about censorship, being able to express one’s views without sanctions, or propriety, decency or consideration of others, etc. But, it may all depend on what the influencers and opinion makers’ reactions are. Hopefully, no one will make a big deal out of it.

From what little I've seen her instagram looks a lot like most of the upper middle class housewives who have convinced themselves of their own importance on social media. Most of it isn't interesting or salacious except she happens to be our QB's mom. Like why is a video of some gal dancing with other people at a wedding interesting? 

The whole Zach's mom storyline is by far the dumbest part of this offseason which is saying something with Tebow in the mix.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Indeed it is. But it is based on the information available and information that can be inferred from it.
1. She declared that her son has tried to induce her from posting because of the increased attention she is receiving and his concern about potential negative reflections on him
2. She declares she will keep posting her views despite the probable growing attention due to her son
Faced with the decision to respond to the possible risk to her son’s public reputation based on the current social environment, two decisions can be made:
1. Limit his exposure to reputational risk (I.e. restrictive access settings, censorship, etc.)
2. Disregard the risk and continue as before knowing the increased attention may lead to distractions or worse for her son. (Be true to one’s self, declare oneself as resolutely determined to continue “I was offered money to stop, but I won’t…” etc.)
Of course there are moral and value judgments here about censorship, being able to express one’s views without sanctions, or propriety, decency or consideration of others, etc. But, it may all depend on what the influencers and opinion makers’ reactions are. Hopefully, no one will make a big deal out of it.

1. You are incorrect about your first point. He doesn’t like people talking negatively about his mom.

2. She will continue to post because it’s her social media and she wants to. Her posting about making her bed or whatever crap she does is not hindering to his career or attempting to piggy back off of it.

This is not some Shakespearean epic.

I’m sure Robert Saleh and Joe Douglas do not care about Lisa Wilson. If she starts criticizing the team or other players, then that’s a different story, but she handle him being very criticized at BYU after his Sophomore season and I’m sure she can handle this.

You ever heard the old saying of 'out of sight is out of mind'?

Maybe if you Jets fans would stop creating these types of threads about Zach's mom I wouldn't ever have to read them? 

And who really cares anyway? She's smoking hot and she's Zach's mom and she birthed the kid and raised him to become an excellent young man so if she's "embarrassing" for him who really cares? She's earned that right. 

I remember when my mom would once embarrass me in front of my friends @ school while giving me a hug and a kiss before sending me on my 10 year old way but who really cares? She birthed me and deserved that right. 

And who really cares if she has a Twitter or social media account? Is she supposed to stop living her life and being herself all because her son now plays NFL Football? 

Not trying to backseat moderator here but these threads should be locked immediately.

She's Zach mother the one who created him and raised him and took care of him and signed him up for little league football and goes to all of Zach's games and has herself an awesome little Football family and imo she's an awesome woman and imo she's untouchable as Zach's mom. Any type of thread created to shame her should be locked and locked faster than an NY minute.

She's also teaching her child a valuable life lession in life. Be yourself son and don't let no one ever change you (he's only a kid and doesn't understand this yet, but she's teaching him still to this day).

PS and in closing: She can do whatever she wants to do on Instagram and she can say whatever she wants to say over Social Media because she birthed and raised Zach Wilson (not the other way around).

She's not a distraction. She's Zach's mom (an amazing one @ that) and Zach wouldn't be here if not for her. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Maybe if you Jets fans would stop creating these types of threads about Zach's mom I wouldn't ever have to read them? 

And who really cares anyway? She's smoking hot and she's Zach's mom and she birthed the kid and raised him to become an excellent young man so if she's "embarrassing" for him who really cares? She's earned that right. 

I remember when my mom would once embarrass me in front of my friends @ school while giving me a hug and a kiss before sending me on my 10 year old way but who really cares? She birthed me and deserved that right. 

And who really cares if she has a Twitter or social media account? Is she supposed to stop living her life and being herself all because her son now plays NFL Football? 

Not trying to backseat moderator here but these threads should be locked immediately.

She's Zach mother the one who created him and raised him and took care of him and signed him up for little league football and goes to all of Zach's games and has herself an awesome little Football family and imo she's an awesome woman and imo she's untouchable as Zach's mom. Any type of thread created to shame her should be locked and locked faster than an NY minute.

She's also teaching her child a valuable life lession in life. Be yourself son and don't let no one ever change you (he's only a kid and doesn't understand this yet, but she's teaching him still to this day).

PS and in closing: She can do whatever she wants to do on Instagram and she can say whatever she wants to say over Social Media because she birthed and raised Zach Wilson (not the other way around).

She's not a distraction. She's Zach's mom (an amazing one @ that) and Zach wouldn't be here if not for her. 

I rarely agree with many of your posts but I do with this one..:cheers: 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

This has to be the record for most times using the word "birthed" in a single post.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This has to be the record for most times using the word "birthed" in a single post.

Hah. You ain't seen nothing yet. 

You should've seen me back in 2011 in the hospital room. I called all my friends over the phone and told everyone on Facebook how my wife just gave birth to my daughter and how she birthed absolute perfection and at least 100x ?

27 minutes ago, Biggs said:

It's a mother's job to embarass her son.  Zach can either man up or yell at his mom like a whiny bitch like I did.  

Exactly. All the times my mom would give me a hug and kiss @ school in front of my street kid Queens friends was absolutely embarrassing for me; but that was her motherly right and gave me thicker skin because of it and I wouldn't change it for the world. Heck @ 17 my first job was @ JCPenney and she would always shop there while I was on the clock and kept telling all the pretty girls behind my back how I was her son and how proud of the man I was becoming omg I couldn't wait for her to leave the fkn store already.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/4/2021 at 9:19 AM, Lith said:

Did he make the offer publicly, or did his mom share the content of what may have been a private conversation with her son on social media?  Seems to me like it was his mom who choose to reveal that Zach made the offer rather than ZW making a public offer to his mom. 

From the article:

"People out there that think I embarrass my son -- has he asked me to take down my social media? He has before. And he says ‘Mom, if it’s about money, I’ll give you money.’ I said ‘Zach, I don’t need your money,’" she said in her post.

If I were Zach (which I am not, but I do have a mom so I guess I am qualified to pass judgement), I would be pissed that mom shared what likely was a private conversation with her on social media.  He cannot control what his mom does, but it sure seems as if he needs to be careful what he says to her for fear that it will end up on her IG.  And that is sad.

Agreed.  It obviously bothered Zach enough to the point he asked his mom to take a break from it, then his mom goes out and tells the world it bothered him enough to offer her money to do so.   

If my kids ever came to me like that and were that bothered by something I was doing, I would do my best to fix it.  She has a pretty high opinion of herself and appears to think she is “influencing” a lot of people in a good way.  At the end of the day it’s not going to determine Zach’s success on the football field, but why create an unnecessary distraction for her son, who is already dealing with a ton of change in his life.  Seems really selfish on her part.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just remember, she had about 10,000 followers before the draft.

Then creepy dudes started googling her after she was shown on the draft coverage and now she is up to 35K followers.

It's not like she was at the draft holding up a sign saying follow me on IG.  

Just now, IndianaJet said:

Just remember, she had about 10,000 followers before the draft.

Then creepy dudes started googling her after she was shown on the draft coverage (she was "trending" on twitter that night) and now she is up to 35K followers.

It's not like she was at the draft holding up a sign saying follow me on IG.  

Dudes are creepy...they see a hot chick and the internet stalking commences.

Agreed.  It obviously bothered Zach enough to the point he asked his mom to take a break from it, then his mom goes out and tells the world it bothered him enough to offer her money to do so.   

If my kids ever came to me like that and were that bothered by something I was doing, I would do my best to fix it.  She has a pretty high opinion of herself and appears to think she is “influencing” a lot of people in a good way.  At the end of the day it’s not going to determine Zach’s success on the football field, but why create an unnecessary distraction for her son, who is already dealing with a ton of change in his life.  Seems really selfish on her part.  

IMG_6054.JPG

This is the reason he asked her to stop. He isn’t bothered by her or what she is doing. He is bothered by judgmental people talking about his mother.

• Upvote 2

• 2 years later...
On 7/4/2021 at 6:33 PM, IndianaJet said:

The issues will come up when she makes some innocuous comment after Zach has a bad game and guys like Cimini jump all over it, twist it out of proportion and create a controversy.  

Understanding possible issues coming from media scrutiny of seemingly benign comments can strain relationships. Communication and understanding are critical for overcoming such obstacles.story saver

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Annika said:

Understanding possible issues coming from media scrutiny of seemingly benign comments can strain relationships. Communication and understanding are critical for overcoming such obstacles.story saver

Hell yeah, Annika. By the way, have you noticed a suspicious new(ish) member of your “Mommy Macramé” Reddit group that goes by the screen name @Mogglez

• Haha 1