Any chance Zach can make Krofty a baller?

It won’t be Zach Wilson, it’ll be the system and in this system, TE’s have a ton of opportunities to produce. Wouldn’t be surprised if the Jets have somewhere between 800- 1000 passing yards total from the TE position. Kroft has shown some flashes...maybe he’s the main contributor?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, extmenace said:

It won’t be Zach Wilson, it’ll be the system and in this system, TE’s have a ton of opportunities to produce. Wouldn’t be surprised if the Jets have somewhere between 800- 1000 passing yards total from the TE position. Kroft has shown some flashes...maybe he’s the main contributor?

Math? 

The 2 tds to krofty were excellent throws.  The 1st, zach looked right, had no one open, and came to the other side of the field to hit krofty for the td.  Zach did very well going through his progressions from right to left.

The 2nd td to krofty, zach rolled out and in order to be accurate, he had to twist his body in a certain way to get power on the throw.  It was very impressive to see the body mechanics on how to deliver that pass.

Krofty = TE1

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Math? 

Not really that unrealistic. Whoever emerges as the number 1 gets 500 yards for the year (30 yards a game) and the remaining guys throughout the season accumulate an additional 300 yards. I looked at Kyle shanny’s TE numbers in his offenses a while back and outside of 1 year In Cleveland because of injuries, I believe I remember seeing that almost every other year he had a TE get at least 500 yards. Since it’s the same system, similar opportunities should be available for the TE’s.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The 2 tds to krofty were excellent throws.  The 1st, zach looked right, had no one open, and came to the other side of the field to hit krofty for the td.  Zach did very well going through his progressions from right to left.

The 2nd td to krofty, zach rolled out and in order to be accurate, he had to twist his body in a certain way to get power on the throw.  It was very impressive to see the body mechanics on how to deliver that pass.

Krofty = TE1

Also on the 1st one an analyst pointed out Kroft's route was taking him to the safety so Zach threw him to the side to protect him.  Lots going on with a split second decision.   

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Just wondering. 

Don't buy it.  Kroft is a career nobody that's rattled around the league.  He's this year's Griffith.

He may produce some if he winds up the starter, but he's not a legit reliable weapon like many pass-catching TE's are.  Drops and injuries are his past.

If he does become more than that, that is some great luck cause there is little to project that tbh.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Warfish said:

Don't buy it.  Kroft is a career nobody that's rattled around the league.  He's this year's Griffith.

He may produce some if he winds up the starter, but he's not a legit weapon like many pass-catching TE's are.  

If he does become that, that is some great luck cause there is little to project that tbh.

So extra crispy? Nice! 

• Haha 1

I doubt it 

Even if Kroft is the starter I wouldn’t expect anything more than maybe 350 yards and 3-4 TD’s on the year.

The wideouts are going to feast.

The TE’s this year will be used as little more than inline blockers and safety valves.

Then we draft Wydermyer and things begin to change.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

I doubt it 

Even if Kroft is the starter I wouldn’t expect anything more than maybe 350 yards and 3-4 TD’s on the year.

The wideouts are going to feast.

The TE’s this year will be used as little more than inline blockers and safety valves.

Then we draft Wydermyer and things begin to change.

Unless Krofty FTW 

I liked the Kroft signing  from the get .... many others not so much. He's not a unicorn but he's a decent option ideally  a TE2 but hey when your the Jets  that's a TE1. 

Nothing  not to like about Kroft the guy under the pads either, he seems like he's worked hard to get better  and hopefully  it shows up in game day.

A decent TE can be a young QBs best friend.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Unless Krofty FTW 

Possibly 

But I think it’s more reasonable that he looks pretty similar to Ryan Griffin during Darnold’s sophomore season before he blew out his knee.

Anyhoo, he’s a damn good blocker and should get the nod over a useless, lazy dickbag like Herndon.

But next year is the year that we truly make a sizable upgrade at the position.

Between guys like Wydermyer, Kolar, Ruckert, Ott, etc…the 2022 class may be the best TE class in recent memory.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Also, check out wilsons reaction after his 2nd td to kroft.  He had no reaction.  No hands in the air, no celebration etc.

He understands hes expected to do this.  No reason to get all crazy over a preseason game td.  He has bigger plans then this.

#20 wasn't only the greatest RB of All-Time but Barry Sanders is also the greatest individual football player of All-Time. And you never once witnessed him celebrate. His only celebration was when he handed the ball off to the referee after scoring TDs.

And it's sad to me. Because Barry's dad created a HOF stone cold killer of a monster by telling his son to "never celebrate, hold your emotions inside and act like you've been there before" but at the same time he also took that childhood love for the game of Football that Barry once had as a kid and took it away from him.

But deep down inside. #20 wanted celebrate ?

1921094927_images(3).jpeg.764542a744bf029a79d04af4bfab23ed.jpeg

But I don't want Zach Wilson to be like Barry Sanders. I want him to celebrate with his teammates and have FUN. But one thing I already love about Zach Wilson is he's focused. Locked in. Serious. And acts like he's been there before.  

Wilson-Zach_W1_5656-770x470.jpg.7839e08642a76e811f247f1d7236ccb9.jpgGettyImages-1280692473-775x465.jpg.b39ad28b1ffc113d537fed5aefb95273.jpg726782932_images(4).jpeg.b112af6295f2b3cf51550633fc40b305.jpeg578200994_images(5).jpeg.95ef7225435906196c813ff4866e07c1.jpeg

The day he stops celebrating is the day I know our NY media has mentally and emotionally destroyed his spirits. 

5 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

#20 wasn't only the greatest RB of All-Time but Barry Sanders is also the greatest individual football player of All-Time. And you never once witnessed him celebrate. His only celebration was when he handed the ball off to the referee after scoring TDs.

And it's sad to me. Because Barry's dad created a HOF stone cold killer of a monster by telling his son to "never celebrate, hold your emotions inside and act like you've been there before" but at the same time he also took that childhood love for the game of Football that Barry once had as a kid and took it away from him.

But deep down inside. #20 wanted celebrate ?

1921094927_images(3).jpeg.764542a744bf029a79d04af4bfab23ed.jpeg

But I don't want Zach Wilson to be like Barry Sanders. I want him to celebrate with his teammates and have FUN. But one thing I already love about Zach Wilson is he's focused. Locked in. Serious. And acts like he's been there before.  

Wilson-Zach_W1_5656-770x470.jpg.7839e08642a76e811f247f1d7236ccb9.jpgGettyImages-1280692473-775x465.jpg.b39ad28b1ffc113d537fed5aefb95273.jpg726782932_images(4).jpeg.b112af6295f2b3cf51550633fc40b305.jpeg578200994_images(5).jpeg.95ef7225435906196c813ff4866e07c1.jpeg

The day he stops celebrating is the day I know our NY media has mentally and emotionally destroyed his spirits. 

The greatest at any position is always open to argument, I agree that Sanders was a great running back but in my opinion it’s Jim Brown.

Jets' Tight End Has Distinguished Himself As One of Zach Wilson's Favorite Targets  Jeff Hanisch-USA TODAY Sports

Through two preseason games, it's clear that Corey Davis is New York's top wide receiver. 

Davis and rookie quarterback Zach Wilson have solidified the chemistry that was building in training camp in just a few quarters of in-game action. The wideout has already hauled in six passes from Wilson for a total of 88 yards.

That said, there's another player on offense that's distinguishing himself as one of Wilson's favorite targets, especially in the red zone.

Tyler Kroft, signed this offseason to bolster New York's tight end room with another veteran, caught both of Wilson's two touchdown passes in Green Bay on Saturday.

Early in the second quarter on Saturday, Wilson stood tall in the pocket, floating a pass over the middle to the tight end. Wilson dropped the ball in a spot where only Kroft could make the grab, allowing him to rise up before falling back into the end zone.

After the game, Kroft said that Wilson's ball—and his first professional touchdown pass (albeit in the preseason)—was a perfect pass. 

"Right off the snap, the near safety started pushing into the middle of the field and the backer was coming to me. So I knew he was trying to play me man," Kroft explained. "We had a double move on and the safety kept pushing to the middle. So I was trying to keep it as skinny as I could. And Zach threw a perfect ball away from the safety and just kind of protected me as much as he could."

Wilson added that Kroft did a good job staying in the seam while the quarterback looked off the defensive back.

"I just tried to put the ball on his back shoulder a little bit, keep it away from that safety. He’s a big body, he’ll take a shot. And he got into the end zone. It was a good route. Good execution.”

Later, Wilson found Kroft in the flat and the tight end did the rest, scampering down the sideline for another 18-yard score. 

Kroft wasn't on the field for as long as some of the other tight ends, but his play in training camp and these first two preseason games is certainly lifting him up on New York's depth chart. As much as others on the roster—like Chris Herndon and Trevon Wesco—have been on the Jets for a few years now, this new offensive scheme puts all members of the TE room on the same playing field. 

When it comes to his part in that offense in 2021, Kroft said he prides himself on embracing whatever role his coaches give him. It's been a few years since he's played a full season—appearing in all 16 games and setting a career-high with 404 receiving yards and seven touchdown catches with the Bengals in 2017—but with the way his body is feeling, this could be a big year. 

"My last couple years, I did get snake bit with a couple injuries so it's good finally having my body back," Kroft told reporters. "My first five or six years in the NFL, I played around 245 or 250. I'm 260 now, so I feel like I've finally got my legs back under me. So it's cool being put into a position where I can make some plays."