Rest of this vaunted QB class looking trash as well

Albaniajet

I wanted Trevor as bad as everyone else did and I still think he has a bright future once they get Meyer and Schitty outta there but he has not played well so far.

Justin Fields looks like every other Ohio State QB.  One read guy.

Mac Jones looks ok I guess if you give him the ball in opposing territory every possession and all he has to do is game manage.

Really overrated draft class.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, isired said:

I think Mac Jones is exactly what most said - most ready, low ceiling. He pretty much is what he's going to be.

So days like yesterday are frustrating, but if we can ever build a ******* team around a guy, maybe we can find out if we've got a good one.

I’m not that impressed with Jones.  And I even rated him ahead of Zach last spring.  He looks like a glorified Case Keemun 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

Agreed for the most part this class was overatred

Trevor will be Darnold...just ok, top 15-20 Qb. Wont win anything big

Fields will wash up. Give it a few years

Mac Jones is a game manager. Nothing more, nothing less. If Pats build a good D they can make a run, but I really dont think to far.

Trey Lance, Jimmy G is a better QB. He will prob find himself somewhere else, and wash up as well.

Zach, not to sound like a homer has the most talent. However, he has a bad team around him and our offense staff look like 22 year old bros. No experience. Zach will either become great or bust. Dont see a in between in the way he plays. 

Fields does not look good at all.  Chicago is going to spit him out

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He is but so are most guys going 1st or 2nd in a draft.

Which is why, after decades of the same mistake, you would think a team who drafts a QB #1 would let him sit a year or two, learn, and have a team built around him.  For every Mahomes there is 30 QB's who don't make it. 

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

I wanted Trevor as bad as everyone else did and I still think he has a bright future once they get Meyer and Schitty outta there but he has not played well so far.

Justin Fields looks like every other Ohio State QB.  One read guy.

Mac Jones looks ok I guess if you give him the ball in opposing territory every possession and all he has to do is game manage.

Really overrated draft class.  

It’s almost like they only played two games so far. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

One of the reasons why I wanted to keep Darnold was not only that I thought he was more talented then he showed but that I thought this class was way overhyped and if Darnold sucked again you could always draft a QB next year.  As it turned out you could have still traded back and drafted fields.  

13 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Which is why, after decades of the same mistake, you would think a team who drafts a QB #1 would let him sit a year or two, learn, and have a team built around him.  For every Mahomes there is 30 QB's who don't make it. 

Mahomes did sit

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

This is why I wanted the trade down, get a kings ransom.  This was just a very underwhelming QB class, despite all the blowhards telling you different.  Literally the only reason I wanted Fields over the rest of these guys was simply based on his athletic profile because none of these dudes, screamed next level pocket passers, except Mush Jones, who I wouldnt have touched. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Same reason Mahomes sat. Better option available with a vet. Quite a concept, don't you think? 

KC were also in the position of having a strong roster already in place ... not a "play the kids and see who shows up" sort of situation like we have. Mahomes took KC from good to great. We're expecting Zach to take us from suck to ... anywhere better than suck.

• Upvote 1