Rest of this vaunted QB class looking trash as well

Albaniajet

7 minutes ago, jamesr said:

KC were also in the position of having a strong roster already in place ... not a "play the kids and see who shows up" sort of situation like we have. Mahomes took KC from good to great. We're expecting Zach to take us from suck to ... anywhere better than suck.

Well,  so far Zack hasn't  even accomplished that 

1 hour ago, Albaniajet said:

I wanted Trevor as bad as everyone else did and I still think he has a bright future once they get Meyer and Schitty outta there but he has not played well so far.

Justin Fields looks like every other Ohio State QB.  One read guy.

Mac Jones looks ok I guess if you give him the ball in opposing territory every possession and all he has to do is game manage.

Really overrated draft class.  

Sam Darnold looks pretty good.

17 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

After what we did to Darnold and now Darnold actually looking competent through 2 games, I don't  know how you can be so confident.  

Oh I’m not confident at all. But I think Zach came into a much better situation even though yesterday was a drop kick into the balls.  Rest of the team did enough to win , Zach let them down this time. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Albaniajet said:

I wanted Trevor as bad as everyone else did and I still think he has a bright future once they get Meyer and Schitty outta there but he has not played well so far.

Mac Jones looks ok I guess if you give him the ball in opposing territory every possession and all he has to do is game manage.

So I guess you should head on over to their forums and tell them that their QB sux, their CS sux and they should all be fired. Also the QB's will NEVER be any good. Right skippy?

• Upvote 2

Just now, The Crusher said:

Oh I’m not confident at all. But I think Zach came into a much better situation even though yesterday was a from kick to the balls.  Rest of the team did enough to win , Zach let them down this time. 

Yep. The INTs weren't even due to pressure / confusing coverages, just plain old bad decisions.

Not sure if he had opening day nerves, or if the coaches were trying to get big plays early to get the crowd excited ... either way, better pray it was an aberration. If we can get Week 1 Zach / WR and Week 2 OL / RB / defense on the field at the same time, we might actually look half decent.

• Upvote 2

It's just rookie QBs on bad teams struggling. Lawrence has 5 picks as well on the year. Hopefully Zach can just wash away the stain of that game and learn from it. 

Mac Jones is on a good team that can protect him. I wasn't impressed with his physical ability at all yesterday. Fields is going to struggle as well most likely, although he is on a better team and will do a lot of running to help cover some other things up.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I’m not that impressed with Jones.  And I even rated him ahead of Zach last spring.  He looks like a glorified Case Keemun 
Well I would say that playing like a glorified version of a 10 year vet who has had success in the league lines up pretty well with the general assessment of Mac Jones.

I cannot wait until they play the Buccaneers in two weeks. Or any other team that will score points. This kid ain't four yarding at a time them to comeback victories.
Probably not. He probably also will not take them out of the game with 4 picks. High floor, Low ceiling.

9 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

This was one of the worst QB classes in years. I said it before the draft and I will say it again now. Zack Wilson will be a bust. In about 5/6 years he’ll be opening a few auto dealerships in Utah and go live the quiet rich life.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Way overrated draft class outside of Trevor.  The media hype machine is what it is every draft is supposed to be 1983

• Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, Albaniajet said:

I’m not that impressed with Jones.  And I even rated him ahead of Zach last spring.  He looks like a glorified Case Keemun 

Agree.  He is not Tom Brady.  My feelings on this draft were that Lawrence was the best QB in the draft followed by Mac Jones.  I didn't even consider Wilson, Fields or Lance 1st round worthy unless the team that took them had a plan to train them for a few years before they hit the field.  Especially Wilson and Lance.  Lots of physical ability, but not pro-ready.  

If the Jets insist on starting Wilson. they better get Rex to help them out with the old Mark Sanchez "Red Light, Yellow Light. Green Light" program.

Wilson is going to keep making mistakes towards his own demise unless he is restricted to a high percentage passing game with plenty of running.  

This is not Wilson's fault.  The GM and HC combo need to cool their heels with Wilson and do it the right way. Give him a very basic passing scheme or get him on the bench and bring him in a vet mentor.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, undertow said:

One of the reasons why I wanted to keep Darnold was not only that I thought he was more talented then he showed but that I thought this class was way overhyped and if Darnold sucked again you could always draft a QB next year.  As it turned out you could have still traded back and drafted fields.  

I was very strong on keeping Darnold.

But JD made the right decision.  Salary cap is a big piece of it. But it looks like they drafted a good QB.  Wilson has really impressed me. Barring injury, and with the current roster that’s a risk, he will develop well.

We are gonna have to watch a lot of crap for a year or so, but the future looks good. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Albaniajet said:

After 2 weeks the 5 teams that drafted these losers should all dump their asses.

LOL, brilliant

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Snell41 said:

This was one of the worst QB classes in years. I said it before the draft and I will say it again now. Zack Wilson will be a bust. In about 5/6 years he’ll be opening a few auto dealerships in Utah and go live the quiet rich life.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Good for you.  You said it.

Hey, crow like after 2 games you've been proven anywhere near right.

• Haha 2

Lmao, they've played TWO games against real NFL defenses!

Zach has the current misfortune of being a rookie with a roookie HC and OC. 

Cant speak for the other QBs but for Zach, with any luck, the first possession for NE was an obvious turnover in scoring position which should of lead to us up 3-0 at minimum. Maybe the entire game is flipped because of it.?

Zach's first INT could have easily fell to the floor after being batted by Davis and the second INT went right through his hands. He catches that ball 99/100 times. I love Davis, he is veteran Wr, but failed him

Bottom line, Zach needs help and in two games has had MULTIPLE drops in both, major OLINE issues in protection and the running game in the first game.

Ya think this factors in? 

Jeez, two games 

• Upvote 2

Even the great ones, like John Elway, who went 1-for-8 for 14 yards with an interception and a lost fumble in his first game. When it was over, he would say later, “I wanted to click my heels together and say, 'Auntie Em, bring me home.” Or Troy Aikman, who threw two interceptions in each of his first three games and completed just 6-of-21 passes for 83 yards in his third.

“It was unlike anything,” he said years later. “I couldn’t have prepared myself.”

Joe Montana was 5-of-12 for 36 yards and got benched in his first NFL start as a rookie. Peyton Manning threw three interceptions in three of his first four starts, all losses, on his way to throwing 28 as a rookie. Even Dan Marino, who had one of the greatest rookie seasons ever for a quarterback, had 14-for-37, 141-yard, one-interception stinker six starts into his career.

And who could forget Eli Manning’s rock bottom in his fourth start and third in a string of three disasters. He went 4-for-18 for 27 yards and threw two interceptions in Baltimore before the Giants mercifully pulled him in a 37-14 loss. His passer rating that day was 0.0 and he was as rattled as he ever was in his career. He admitted to looking at his teammates that day wondering, 'Are they going to quit on you? What are they saying?' One anonymous teammate called him “shell-shocked.”

• Upvote 3

Lawrence has looked a lot like Wilson to me. Up and down as you'd expect, but when they sling a real dime you think "wow, that's a good arm" then they follow it up with a terrible throw. But you can see they can both make the throws needed to succeed. 

Fields I haven't seen yet in the regular season. Jones is smart and is doing exactly what he's told, which is protect the football. Can't blame him, he knows if he starts taking shots that result in drive kills or ints Belichick will throw a phone at him

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Coquito said:

Even the great ones, like John Elway, who went 1-for-8 for 14 yards with an interception and a lost fumble in his first game. When it was over, he would say later, “I wanted to click my heels together and say, 'Auntie Em, bring me home.” Or Troy Aikman, who threw two interceptions in each of his first three games and completed just 6-of-21 passes for 83 yards in his third.

“It was unlike anything,” he said years later. “I couldn’t have prepared myself.”

Joe Montana was 5-of-12 for 36 yards and got benched in his first NFL start as a rookie. Peyton Manning threw three interceptions in three of his first four starts, all losses, on his way to throwing 28 as a rookie. Even Dan Marino, who had one of the greatest rookie seasons ever for a quarterback, had 14-for-37, 141-yard, one-interception stinker six starts into his career.

And who could forget Eli Manning’s rock bottom in his fourth start and third in a string of three disasters. He went 4-for-18 for 27 yards and threw two interceptions in Baltimore before the Giants mercifully pulled him in a 37-14 loss. His passer rating that day was 0.0 and he was as rattled as he ever was in his career. He admitted to looking at his teammates that day wondering, 'Are they going to quit on you? What are they saying?' One anonymous teammate called him “shell-shocked.”

Thank you Coquito. Acording to some, Zach should be better than all of them put together by his second NFL start. I can see why so many would never want to play for this team/fanbase

• Sympathy 1