Denzel Mims

More Cowbell

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The davis drops were the killers.  The one at the 10 when wilson escaped pressure and hit him in the hands, that was a great throw.  Then there was the one to carter that got tipped a bit but still hit him in the hands.  Guys on other teams make these plays.  Those 2 plays could have led to 2 scores.  That’s the difference.  Both of those plays put the jets in the red zone.  

Davis is a big target and looks like he runs decent routes.  He seems muscle bound and doesn't have soft hands.  Nice No. 2 but right now he's Zach's security blanket.  He's not good enough for that.

5 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

It’s a vicious cycle, there is a lot of cap space because there aren’t a lot of good players on this roster, because of that the team stinks, because the team stinks it’s hard to spend that money on free agents because they don’t want to come here.  Wash, rinse, repeat.  

Gotta hit on draft picks, and that hasn't happened consistentlly for the last decade.  Idzik, Macc, JD, does not matter.  We have not found enough good players in the draft to meaningfully upgrade the roster.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

The best wr the jets have right now is, ironically, berrios.  

I really don't  know what to make of Barrios. He was one of Sams fav targets as well even when Perriman and Mims were on the field. I would like to think he is one of those dudes that flew under everyone's radar

That said, this is still not a reason for Mims not to see the field. I am really starting to think either they are punishing the guy or Leflore is an absolute  joke that he can't  design plays for him. If Mims was in KC, Andy Ried would have plays for him that he can run. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

What makes anyone think Saleh and Lafleur know what they are doing or talking about. 

unfortunately we have to give them time.  lots of newbies everywhere and they really can't be expected to put together a program that wins from the get go.  the jets are more like an expansion team right now.

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

The davis drops were the killers.  The one at the 10 when wilson escaped pressure and hit him in the hands, that was a great throw.  Then there was the one to carter that got tipped a bit but still hit him in the hands.  Guys on other teams make these plays.  Those 2 plays could have led to 2 scores.  That’s the difference.  Both of those plays put the jets in the red zone.  

It was an excellent play and one of if not the best throw Zach's made. It came to Davis in a perfect position for him to catch it. Problem was that Surtain (rookie CB) was draped all over him and made an excellent play to defend and knock the pass down.

The problem was that our WR1 couldn't get *any* separation against man coverage and Zack had no other choice.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Lith said:

Gotta hit on draft picks, and that hasn't happened consistentlly for the last decade.  Idzik, Macc, JD, does not matter.  We have not found enough good players in the draft to meaningfully upgrade the roster.

Not true. You have Wilson. Kid is gonna be fine. AVT looks genuine. And Becton - that makes 4. Becton counts as two.

Ok I love Saleh and I think he’s going to be a great coach and lead us to the SB. 

But I just heard him on Michael Kay and he is totally BSing on Mims. 

Blah blah blah needs to learn positions, needs to be operate “in a phone booth”, he’s getting better, can’t wait to get him out there. 

There is something seriously wrong here. I know there are threads galore on this but there is something we are not hearing. Not that NFL coaches need to pull back the veil for us but this stinks to high heaven. 

If Moore is out this week with a possible concussion and Mims isn’t on the field then we need real answers and not pablum. 

Dudes dropping balls right and left and 6-3 Mr Contested Catch can’t even dress? 

Something wrong here. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Peace Frog said:

Ok I love Saleh s as is think he’s going to be a great coach and lead us to the SB. 

Blah blah blah needs to learn positions, needs to be operate “in a phone booth”, he’s getting better, can’t wait to get him out there. 

Their is something seriously wrong here. I know there are threads galore on this but there is something we are not hearing. Not that NFL coaches need to pull back the veil for us but this stinks to high heaven. 

If Moore is out this week with a possible concussion and Mims isn’t on the field then we need real answers and not pablum. 

Dudes dropping balls right and left and 6-3 Mr Contested Catch can’t even dress? 

Something wrong here. 

Saleh can say whatever he wants and convince himself he’s right, but when his team can’t score touchdowns, his reasoning rings hollow.  Does he really think the fans care what he’s saying, when the team doesn’t score?  

• Upvote 2

so I heard salah talking about specials again...anyone remember Chris Burkett from the early 90's? He was a decent WR and a very good special teamer, what I do remember is the Jets used him on kick block situations. This would be perfect for Mimms, he is tall and fast let him race around the edge to block kicks, problem solved!

so I heard salah talking about specials again...anyone remember Chris Burkett from the early 90's? He was a decent WR and a very good special teamer, what I do remember is the Jets used him on kick block situations. This would be perfect for Mimms, he is tall and fast let him race around the edge to block kicks, problem solved!
Burkett ... loved that kid.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Ok I love Saleh and I think he’s going to be a great coach and lead us to the SB. 

There is something seriously wrong here. I know there are threads galore on this but there is something we are not hearing. Not that NFL coaches need to pull back the veil for us but this stinks to high heaven. 

Something wrong here. 

Interpersonal stuff between Mims and the coaching staff.  They aren’t getting along. He isn’t being benched for football reasons 

I remember watching games when the Jets trotted out Clyde Gates and Chaz Schilens at wide receiver, yet Mims is declared inactive on game day? Saleh and LaFleur do not have the relationship with the fans to bullsh*t their way through this right now, and the putrid start to the season on offence is only making it worse for them. 

3 hours ago, Aussie Jet said:

I remember watching games when the Jets trotted out Clyde Gates and Chaz Schilens at wide receiver, yet Mims is declared inactive on game day? Saleh and LaFleur do not have the relationship with the fans to bullsh*t their way through this right now, and the putrid start to the season on offence is only making it worse for them. 

Rex would have literally killed to get the WRs we have now

and yet Zach “needz weaponz” lol