Denzel Mims

More Cowbell

6 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Why does everyone keep assuming there is something wrong with Mims attitude?  Did he have an attitude problem last year or at Baylor?  NO HE DID NOT.  All of sudden, everything is the kids fault, he is lazy, he can't learn etc. What a crock of sh*t.  This kid can PLAY, I don't give a crap about this scheme or that one.  Get him on the field and create some plays to get him the ball. That is what any Coach with half a brain would do.  Lets also not forget he is also a very good BLOCKER.  Something this offense could use right now in the run game.  Sorry, this is on the rookie HC and his co-rookie OC, period.  They have outsmarted themselves and allowed pride to prevent them from thinking what is truly in the best interests of the team and especially the teams young rookie quarterback.  Namely a 6'4 freak with sub 4.4 speed and a large catch radius who can out duel most DBs on 50-50 balls and give the quarterback a big physical target that he can begin to build some chemistry with.  The fact that they REFUSE to make this kid active and are wasting his second (practically is rookie season) year is as ****ed up as it gets.   This is why players have to look out for themselves; their career is short enough as it is, and here we have a COMPLETELY HEALTHY player at a position where his counterparts are struggling and he can't even be activated for the game????   Saleh really needs to have his feet held to the fire over this.  The ******* Honeymoon is over as far as I'm concerned. 

Bingo

any coaching staff with a brain would make and design plays to HELP Mims succeed, not bench him until he learns every position on offense

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Why does everyone keep assuming there is something wrong with Mims attitude?  Did he have an attitude problem last year or at Baylor?  NO HE DID NOT.  All of sudden, everything is the kids fault, he is lazy, he can't learn etc. What a crock of sh*t.  This kid can PLAY, I don't give a crap about this scheme or that one.  Get him on the field and create some plays to get him the ball. That is what any Coach with half a brain would do.  Lets also not forget he is also a very good BLOCKER.  Something this offense could use right now in the run game.  Sorry, this is on the rookie HC and his co-rookie OC, period.  They have outsmarted themselves and allowed pride to prevent them from thinking what is truly in the best interests of the team and especially the teams young rookie quarterback.  Namely a 6'4 freak with sub 4.4 speed and a large catch radius who can out duel most DBs on 50-50 balls and give the quarterback a big physical target that he can begin to build some chemistry with.  The fact that they REFUSE to make this kid active and are wasting his second (practically is rookie season) year is as ****ed up as it gets.   This is why players have to look out for themselves; their career is short enough as it is, and here we have a COMPLETELY HEALTHY player at a position where his counterparts are struggling and he can't even be activated for the game????   Saleh really needs to have his feet held to the fire over this.  The ******* Honeymoon is over as far as I'm concerned. 

Ummmmmmm someone  had to say it!

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

When your other receivers can't catch.

Give the guy that can catch, but runs bad routes a chance.

I suspect being unable to catch a ball is far worse than being a poor route runner.

I really want to hear Saleh explain this week that even F-ing Corey David is better than Mims.  At this point, I would bench Davis until he learns how to catch.

At this point just do it to send a signal to the rest of the wr room that they need to catch the ball. 

The last two games Zach has been brutalized by balls that go through his teammates hands. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, ryu79 said:

At this point just do it to send a signal to the rest of the wr room that they need to catch the ball. 

The last two games Zach has been brutalized by balls that go through his teammates hands. 

To be clear, he had 5 drops in week 1 also. 

Zach hasn't been great and leaves a ton of room for concerns...but his OL, coaching staff and particularly WR's have done NOTHING to help him...

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

Amen. Saleh is allowing LaFleur to get into pissing contests with perhaps the best offensive players. A first year's coach credentials simply aren't good enough to get away with stupid moves like these. Even Parcells made it a point to get along with Keyshawn. It wasn't because of love. It was best for the team. Either Saleh figures it out or in  years we are rebuilding again with new coaches and drafting another QB, while Darnold pulls a Tannehill but at 23 with decades left in his career.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Our starting 3 should’ve been Davis, Mims and Moore in the slot.

Davis has dropped an absurd amount of balls

Mims has been benched, I’m sure some of this HAS been his fault

Moore hasn’t done much but is a rookie 

——

Moores concussion may allow Mims to get active 

i expected Keelan Cole to have contributed much more, nothing.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

30 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Idk but according to Connor Hughes the people he has spoken to in the building including a few players Mims has been tearing it up in practice for the past 3 weeks . especially last Week

At some point, maybe we will know the real story.  Right now, it's just a bunch of folks talking.  Why would the coaches deliberately undermine a player who was "tearing it up in practice"?   It makes no sense unless you believe they are evil men looking to destroy him for some unknown reason.  

I truly wish they would send Mims packing.  Tonight, if possible.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, munchmemory said:

At some point, maybe we will know the real story.  Right now, it's just a bunch of folks talking.  Why would the coaches deliberately undermine a player who was "tearing it up in practice"?   I truly wish they would send Mims packing.  Tonight, if possible.

Front office still loves Mims.. i don't see him getting traded no time soon.. unless he and his agent go scorched earth like jamal.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Idk but according to Connor Hughes the people he has spoken to in the building including a few players Mims has been tearing it up in practice for the past 3 weeks . especially last Week

So then what the actual eff is going on?!

Just now, Augustiniak said:

The team that has scored 20 points in 3 games won’t play their best wr.  What other team would contemplate this?

You're preaching to the choir.   I gave up trying to figure out Jet moves and philosophies decades ago.  Ridiculous stuff like the Mims debacle seems to appear every season.   It's the Jet way.

• Upvote 1