Gettleman signs former first rounder Isiah Wilson

KO91

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think he went to Poly Prep.  Don't know if it is good or bad that he is close to home.  He went earlier than I thought he would, but I thought he'd be a plug and play RT and wanted to match him with Damien Lewis in the mock draft.  Probably a bad fit for this scheme;

Guess he also played across from Thomas in college.

He did go to Poly. But he's a total knucklehead. Would be an upset if he straightens up and files right. We shall see. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Lith said:

Wilson's statement from a few days ago:

Horse$hît. 

i don’t buy it. He and the leeches he let hang around him spent all his signing bonus $ and he needs another contract. 

This signing is an act of desperation and  Gettleman’s final folly before getting fired. That IG post is Giants’ PR trying to minimize blowback for this desperate signing  

I’m also partially biased as my HS competes against Poly Prep. lol. :-)

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Meanwhile JD does nothing. 

LOL - JD brings a player in off of the scrap heap and gets roasted for picking up trash; Gentlemen does the same thing and he is a genius.

Our line stinks - and some of it has to do with the crap we had; some of it has to do with injuries, and some of it falls on JD for sure - it is his job even if it is hard; this signing just goes to show that there just isn't a lot of talent lying around ready to be signed.

He did spend some real money signing us a pass rusher who is out for the season - JD gets the blame as he is the GM, but Jets luck isn't helping the situation.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1