Greenie rant

kevinc855

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

IMO, it’s not so much defending Gase himself as it is agreeing with Gase that the franchise was (and is) in disarray and it needed to be purged from tip to stern.

What exactly does "purged from tip to stern" MEAN, exactly Tom?

The Owners are selling. If that is required, may as well stop now.

The GM isn't getting fired, not yet at least.  I'd wager not for a minimum of two full seasons (2021 and 2022) if a total failure.

The Coach and staff WERE purged.  Rightfully so.  Now after three games everyone is ready to purge this staff too.  A purge every three games is a poor way to run a railroad.

We purged the last bust QB (who now isn't a bust, and everyone who wanted him gone is now pretending they loved the idea of him staying).

So I ask you Tom, what does purged from tip to stern mean in this Gase wisdom, and is that something that can or will ever happen in the real world?

Jets fans despise coaches that tell them the org is ass and it’s going to be a multi-year turnaround, and they love the meathead coaches that come in and tell them some hokey sh*t about fightin’ and wrasslin’ and how greatness is just around the corner if you just believe hard enough and parrot some dopey cliches like “All Gas No Brake.” 

Sounds like you're just the reverse, you like autistic coaches who portray themselves to be intellectuals (Mangini, Gase) but actually suck horribly at the things they're supposed to be smart at leading.

Seems to me if this is a "side" issue, both sides are wrong so far, the brains all sucked, the meatheads mostly sucked, with Rex being about the only meaningful exception in the last decade or two.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

53 minutes ago, rangerous said:

this team wouldn't look quite so bad if they were scoring some points. 

c´mon man...really? lol

55 minutes ago, rangerous said:

the defense and the specials are doing their job.  

you sure about that? because last time I check we aint got LBs or safeties, and again, are you sure about special teams doing its job?

36 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

At least Gase had the sense to line up Mims over Jeff Smith at WR, and to use the full 53 yard width of the field instead of packing everyone in 20 yards.

Of course he played one passed their prime vet after another. I think some fans forget screaming for him to play the younger RBs, etc.

45 minutes ago, Warfish said:

What exactly does "purged from tip to stern" MEAN, exactly Tom?

The Owners are selling. If that is required, may as well stop now.

The GM isn't getting fired, not yet at least.  I'd wager not for a minimum of two full seasons (2021 and 2022) if a total failure.

The Coach and staff WERE purged.  Rightfully so.  Now after three games everyone is ready to purge this staff too.  A purge every three games is a poor way to run a railroad.

We purged the last bust QB (who now isn't a bust, and everyone who wanted him gone is now pretending they loved the idea of him staying).

So I ask you Tom, what does purged from tip to stern mean in this Gase wisdom, and is that something that can or will ever happen in the real world?

Sounds like you're just the reverse, you like autistic coaches who portray themselves to be intellectuals (Mangini, Gase) but actually suck horribly at the things they're supposed to be smart at leading.

Seems to me if this is a "side" issue, both sides are wrong so far, the brains all sucked, the meatheads mostly sucked, with Rex being about the only meaningful exception in the last decade or two.

To summarize what I meant: we hire smart guys to tear it down, we get pissed that they tore it down, we fire them and then let hillbillies try to build it back up with the draft picks and cap room that the smart guys left them.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

To summarize what I meant: we hire smart guys to tear it down, we get pissed that they tore it down, we fire them and then let hillbillies try to build it back up with the draft picks and cap room that the smart guys left them.

Who is the "Smart guy" in this situation Tom?

I’m the biggest gase hater but let’s give this guy credit that 2019 season he pulled out of his ass was better than that 2015 season considering every single circumstance about that team…. Arguable coach of the year finalist for that turn around and then fcked off the next year lmao

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Lol, you and SAR, last of the Gase defenders.

A lonely hill to die on.

Dying?  LOL.  

I’m still waiting to “die” on the Mark Sanchez hill, what, it’s only been 10 years and not a single replacement has come close despite your assurances that it would be sooo easy.   

You, your long-term memory loss, and your Strawmen are adorable.  

SAR I

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I agree with your basic premise, but what evidence is there that Gase was a "smart" football guy capable of building anything? Many of the loons on this board recognized what Gase did - that Maccagnan was an abomination and the Johnson brothers blow with the wind.

Your point applies well to Mangini. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Origen said:

So everybody is on board with a total tear-down reboot, just not THIS time?

The actual tear-down rebuild happened in 2016.  Let me refresh your memory.  Ryan Fitzpatrick collapsed spectacularly.  Woody Johnson left for England.  Christopher Johnson took control.  Announced a deep rebuild.  Sent Mike Maccagnan in like an axeman, started tearing the roster apart.  2017 was "Suck For Sam", remember?  Was going to make this rebuild mean something, was going to be our payoff for 2 years of suffering.  2018 was the Season of Sam, come to the stadium, watch this young savior develop.  2019 was the Big Next Step, big new General Manager, given a ton of cap space and a ton of draft capital and an unprecedented 10 months to do nothing but prepare for his first draft, except for the mono and the 15 players on IR and gifting the Giants a Pro Bowl DE, but we had the swell 6-2 finish to build on.  2020 was another injury-riddled disaster capped off by an epically bad draft and free agency period and another Pro Bowler jettisoned.

That makes this Year 5 of the so-called "total tear-down" and this 2021 team is worse than the 2016 team that triggered it and the 2019 team that showed some fight.

Don't make us sound impatient.  That's the one thing you can't do.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

I guess Greeny forgot about Gore up the middle for 2 yds. i see that so many times i have nightmares of it.

Bart Scott said it best about NYers. we want Microwave results. we dont want to wait for it.

funny how you guys are comparing Gase to Saleh after 3 games. 

gore up the middle for 2 is more than enough to call Gase the worst HC in our history.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think he’s got an ego problem and he’s about three weeks away from saying some Ray Handley sh*t to Michael Kay about how every fan is too stupid to understand “real football” and he’ll never recover

I can't believe he hasn't taken down all the AGNB decals on the team windows, on the team t-shirts, on the end zone wall art.  That is an utter indictment on his inability to put a team on the field that at least can be bothered to fake it the way their coach preaches it.  Hollow words from a hollow man.

Pete Carroll lasted one year but damn if his players didn't play hard for him.  Robert Saleh looks like a fool.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1

41 minutes ago, ZachStepdad said:

I’m the biggest gase hater but let’s give this guy credit that 2019 season he pulled out of his ass was better than that 2015 season considering every single circumstance about that team…. Arguable coach of the year finalist for that turn around and then fcked off the next year lmao

Gase was no brilliant strategist and his playcalling was mostly awful, but compared to what we have now

Be careful what you wish for.

At the very least, Adam Gase could take a fractured and embarrassed lockeroom, improvise around a dozen players on IR and a quarterback still gimpy from mononucleosis, and cobble together 6 wins in his last 8 games.  That's motivation.  That's leadership.  That's all gas no brake right there.

If Robert Saleh is 'better' than Adam Gase, he should get 8 wins this season as the schedule is just as easy and the roster is sooooo much better, all that Maccagnan juju being a distant memory now, that Douglas magic pixie dust sprinkled everywhere.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, ZachStepdad said:

I to called for Gase to get fired but he did go 6-2 in the last half of that 2019 season. We had some real nice wins and were putting up points. 

Saleh needs to fix it as well. Quick

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I agree with your basic premise, but what evidence is there that Gase was a "smart" football guy capable of building anything? Many of the loons on this board recognized what Gase did - that Maccagnan was an abomination and the Johnson brothers blow with the wind.

TIme out.  Gase Hired Joe Douglas!  The dreamy GM of your dreams!

Gase got rid of Maccagnan.  That was good.

Gase hired Douglas.  That was good.

Gase inherited a 1-7 injury riddled rebuild mess and finished 6-2.  That was good.

Gase got the most out of Jamal Adams who has been nothing since he left.  That was good.

Gase developed Sam Darnold into a Top 10 quarterback.  That was good.

Gase got his awful 0-14 team to play like men and beat two playoff teams down the stretch.  That was good.

I'm not saying Adam Gase ever would have gotten us to the playoffs, but damn if that isn't the resume of someone brought in to be a nasty transitional head coach during tough years, root out the malcontents, get the players to bust ass, get us to fly straight, get us to the cusp of being competitive, and then get canned.  I preached this for about a year, maybe two.  Gase having a career as a hired clean-up man.  Some should have listened.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Pete Carroll lasted one year but damn if his players didn't play hard for him.  Robert Saleh looks like a fool.

This has been the scariest part for me. Saleh’s whole thing is his ability to inspire and motivate and—imo—the Jets do not look to be inspired nor motivated. It’s really strange. We’ve already had Marcus Maye (and his agent) hit the eject button on the season, and I’d imagine that CJ Mosley isn’t that far behind him, presuming things stay bad. Who’s the leader on offense? Certainly not the veteran guard and center who were out blaming Zack Wilson for getting sacked, or belittling the fanbase on Instagram? I heard Quinnen Williams interviewed the other day and he sounds like a lovely kid, but they asked him about his role as a leader/where the leadership is coming from, and he listed himself as a “leader by example,” but that Mosely is the vocal leader of the team. If Mosely gets the 0-4 high ankle sprain with the trip to Barbados for PT, who’s left? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Reality hurts but he is right this team is terrible Saleh said in an interview before preseason we arent looking at wins just want progress. when I read that I knew we were in trouble what Coach says winning doesn't matter even a pee wees coach won't say that. This team is doomed. Rex Ryan never said that when then drafted Sanchez nor did Herman Edward's said that With Pennington or Bowles with Darnold. This whole thing will be blown up in 2023. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

JD has also given Saleh a very bad roster. Except we aren't tanking. 

This roster is heads and shoulders better than any roster Gase had here. Gase was trying to build an offense around Breshad Perriman, Leveon Bell, and Chris Herndon. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This has been the scariest part for me. Saleh’s whole thing is his ability to inspire and motivate and—imo—the Jets do not look to be inspired nor motivated. It’s really strange. We’ve already had Marcus Maye (and his agent) hit the eject button on the season, and I’d imagine that CJ Mosley isn’t that far behind him, presuming things stay bad. Who’s the leader on offense? Certainly not the veteran guard and center who were out blaming Zack Wilson for getting sacked, or belittling the fanbase on Instagram? I heard Quinnen Williams interviewed the other day and he sounds like a lovely kid, but they asked him about his role as a leader/where the leadership is coming from, and he listed himself as a “leader by example,” but that Mosely is the vocal leader of the team. If Mosely gets the 0-4 high ankle sprain with the trip to Barbados for PT, who’s left? 

This.  It starts and ends with this.  I don't care who any of our prior head coaches were, I've never seen a new one have this little impact on the morale/spirit/effort level.

It's frightening how bad a fit this may be.

SAR I

This roster is heads and shoulders better than any roster Gase had here. Gase was trying to build an offense around Breshad Perriman, Leveon Bell, and Chris Herndon. 

Lawrence Cager was getting reps on the 2020 squad. Man that was a bad team.

• Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

Reality hurts but he is right this team is terrible Saleh said in an interview before preseason we arent looking at wins just want progress. when I read that I knew we were in trouble what Coach says winning doesn't matter even a pee wees coach won't say that. This team is doomed. Rex Ryan never said that when then drafted Sanchez nor did Herman Edward's said that With Pennington or Bowles with Darnold. This whole thing will be blown up in 2023. 

JD also would not say its about winning, rather "getting better". I almost lost it. 

This is professional football team, its about wins you nit wit. 

48 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

If—as I’m reading from Saleh-apologists—that we have to be “patient” and the “wins and losses don’t count,” then why not see it through and let Gase have one  year to actually build the team instead of punishing him for doing the hard work of cleaning up Maccagnan’s disaster? 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I’d like to hear the coach or the GM explain the thought process behind naming Zach Wilson the starter from the second he was drafted. 

….and we didn’t decide to carry a qualified backup.  How is that responsible in 2021?

SAR I  

6 minutes ago, DepressedJetsFan23 said:

This is exactly what gives Jets fans a bad reputation. I haven’t been impressed with the team either but there is a big difference between a guy with a clueless team in his fifth year coaching versus a guy with a clueless team in his third. Both are bad situations but let’s give salah a chance 

Whoa…..whoa…..whoa there, Nellie.  

This fanbase called for Adam Gase’s head after 4 games and that was with a 3rd string quarterback!

Be fair.  Get the No Job Bob signs ready.   Let’s not be hypocrites, mmm K?

SAR I