Greenie rant

kevinc855

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

….and we didn’t decide to carry a qualified backup.  How is that responsible in 2021?

SAR I  

One of the most concerning moves by JD. 

Again, with some of his roster moves he seems drunk. He seems to think hes smarter then everyone else. A guy doing unconventional things trying to make a name for himself. Only problem is, its not working, and failing in a staggering way. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

….and we didn’t decide to carry a qualified backup.  How is that responsible in 2021?

SAR I  

“All Gas No Brake, unless Zach sprains an ankle, at which point we are consciously tanking like a mother****er” 

Remember the hysteria caused by Gase having Luke Falk as his #3 QB, and how it was Gase’s fault for not having a better third QB? Wait until those bedwetters find out who Bob Saleh’s #2 QB is.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

People forget the roster JD gave Gase last year, it was horrendous!! Tank for Trevor? Remember? 

JD has also given Saleh a very bad roster. Except we aren't tanking. 

Maybe JD should just get us a decent roster?! 

HMMMMMMM

Nah, no one wants to hear that, Kev.  Tsk. Tsk. 

“Adam Gase” is the root cause of all the Jets woes.  Stick with the narrative.  Anything else is unacceptable.  Forum geniuses assured us we’d be much better off without Sanchez and Tannenbaum and Maccagnan and Darnold and, you know, we good. 

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If—as I’m reading from Saleh-apologists—that we have to be “patient” and the “wins and losses don’t count,” then why not see it through and let Gase have one  year to actually build the team instead of punishing him for doing the hard work of cleaning up Maccagnan’s disaster? 

If Gase was even a decent head coach? Absolutely. But Gase was an awful gameday coach and his teams were routinely noncompetitive. He was also supposedly brought here to help "develop" Darnold and improve the offense . . . so . . . yea

Moving on from Gase made complete sense - whether Saleh actually turns into an even bigger disaster than Gase remains to be seen. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Whoa…..whoa…..whoa there, Nellie.  

This fanbase called for Adam Gase’s head after 4 games and that was with a 3rd string quarterback!

Be fair.  Get the No Job Bob signs ready.   Let’s not be hypocrites, mmm K?

SAR I

Adam gase had three years of coaching experience before he coached a game with the Jets. I thought the criticism of him was over the top at times but there is a different standard when a coach has experience IMO

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

“All Gas No Brake, unless Zach sprains an ankle, at which point we are consciously tanking like a mother****er” 

Remember the hysteria caused by Gase having Luke Falk as his #3 QB, and how it was Gase’s fault for not having a better third QB? Wait until those bedwetters find out who Bob Saleh’s #2 QB is.

Eh I think with Sam year 2 a lot of us felt we had an outside shot at the playoffs bringing in all those big names. This year feels more like Sam year 1, playing with house money. Don't expect wins l, expect progress from game 1 to game 18.

Whether we actually get that is to be seen but I definitely have different expectations year 1 Zach vs year 2 Sam.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Dying?  LOL.  

I’m still waiting to “die” on the Mark Sanchez hill, what, it’s only been 10 years and not a single replacement has come close despite your assurances that it would be sooo easy.   

You, your long-term memory loss, and your Strawmen are adorable.  

SAR I

No strawmen here.

You were wrong about Sanchez.  You were wrong about Gase.  

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

If Gase was even a decent head coach? Absolutely. But Gase was an awful gameday coach and his teams were routinely noncompetitive. He was also supposedly brought here to help "develop" Darnold and improve the offense . . . so . . . yea

Moving on from Gase made complete sense - whether Saleh actually turns into an even bigger disaster than Gase remains to be seen. 

Serious question, though: who would you say is more qualified to teach Zack Wilson how to be a professional QB—Adam Gase or Doogie LaFleur?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Gase was an awful gameday coach and his teams were routinely noncompetitive.

Finished the 2019 season 6-2 and beat 2 playoff teams down the stretch in 2020. 

Those tear-down Jets were a post-Maccagnan mess, but they weren’t noncompetitive.  That title belongs to the 2021 Jets who are 100% a Joe Douglas vision.  

You can tell me I’m wrong when Saleh  beats the likes of the Browns and Rams this year, I’ll be happy to apologize. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Finished the 2019 season 6-2 and beat 2 playoff teams down the stretch in 2020. 

Those tear-down Jets were a post-Maccagnan mess, but they weren’t noncompetitive.  That title belongs to the 2021 Jets who are 100% a Joe Douglas vision.  

You can tell me I’m wrong when Saleh  beats the likes of the Browns and Rams this year, I’ll be happy to apologize. 

SAR I

They were noncompetitive, though. In fact, Gase's teams were also surprisingly non-competitive in Miami, as well.  (look up the margins of victory - his teams always got blown out). 

Saleh is off to an unimaginably bad start, but that doesn't make Gase a good coach, friend. 

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If only we'd been patient with our genius Gase, lol!

He was better qualified to lead a team of men through difficult times than any head coach we’ve seen in forever.  The proof is that his teams never quit, put up actual points, and won 9 of his last 24 games. 

He cleaned house and still maintained a professional and competitive team.  A far cry from this rebuilt restocked roster and a fiasco of a head coach.  

SAR I

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’m glad he said it, even jokingly. A lot of people who were livid about Gase have gone into hiding over Saleh, and this team is less prepared than Gase’s team. Imagine what the team would look like if they had to run out their #3 QB for any length of time. 

Since we don’t have a #1 or a #2 caliber QB, we actually do have a #3 QB trying to pass to butterfinger Davis. 

42 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I still think Gase teams were worse but we are really only 3 games in so that may change. Idk where we were age wise with Gase but I can tell you I would much rather watch the young guys play than Frank Gore.

I can give them 8 games before I really start losing my mind.

I hated the Gase hire.  I hated the press conference.  I hated that Peyton recommended him.

But, I also hate that I let Saleh sucker me into his BS.  Merit doesn't factor into his decisions for personnel.  

Tevin Coleman = Frank Gore

Gase didn't help Darnold, and Saleh isn't helping Wilson.

At least man up Vin Diesel wannabe and chew LaFleur out.  Own it step runner!

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

True, but in that rant, he is 100% correct!

I don't and won't even listen to him... especially since he put on the patriots jersey when Kraft came on his show... like have some balls, but dude never grew a pair. 

im sure he will make a valid point occasionally but mostly its just whiney noise.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

You were wrong about Sanchez.  You were wrong about Gase.  

I said Mark Sanchez suffered through his growing pains, was straddled with a backwards-thinking defensive-minded head coach, and should be retained and built around before we took the best young playoff-proven QB prospect we've seen since Namath and threw him away.

You said he would be easy to replace.

I said Adam Gase was a good head coach not for the long haul, but for a messy rebuild, had a penchant for getting his team to play hard despite being dealt a hopeless hand, made some good FO moves in getting the GM canned and finding a highly regarded replacement, had Darnold as a Top 10 NFL QB by QBR even in a bad year.

You said he would be easy to replace.

Waiting 10 years for a QB as good as Sanchez.  Looks like I'll be waiting several for a HC who can motivate a bunch of young losers facing huge obstacles.

Be careful what you wish for.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, DepressedJetsFan23 said:

Adam gase had three years of coaching experience before he coached a game with the Jets. I thought the criticism of him was over the top at times but there is a different standard when a coach has experience IMO

What does that matter?  What if Robert Saleh's overall coaching tree pedigree is infinitely deeper than Adam Gase's?

Jets fans are mostly Mets fans and Mets fans care way too much about the optics.  As soon as I saw Gase's googly eyes press conference I knew the Mets fans were going to get him killed, and they did.

And now we're the NFL Mets.  Brilliant.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

They were noncompetitive, though. In fact, Gase's teams were also surprisingly non-competitive in Miami, as well.  (look up the margins of victory - his teams always got blown out). 

Saleh is off to an unimaginably bad start, but that doesn't make Gase a good coach, friend. 

Whoa, I am not arguing that Adam Gase was a good coach.  By NFL standards, no way.

But as a Jets head coach?  For the deepest (and most unnecessary) rebuild in team history?  Think again.  Adam Gase was really good at it.  The team would get hit with ridiculous injuries, the team would get hit with ridiculous sicknesses, we'd have players opt out, we'd have players beg for trades, what a mess.  The losing?  That was expected, no one thought the 2019 Jets were going to turn some magic corner, that was Darnold's 'growth' year.

Adam Gase was a bad NFL coach.  I've said it and I've said it before.  But he was a very good Jets coach.  For this particular dumpster-fire Jets team.  

History may show, and it's looking more likely, that retaining Gase and Darnold for 2021 was the smarter decision and that moving to an elite rookie NFL head coaching prospect and elite rookie QB prospect prematurely was really stupid.

SAR I

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

So far, Saleh has shown to be just as inept as Gase. There is nothing that shows that it will be any different this week.

On top of it, Maye just sent the message to all locker room to just pretend to be injured and find a new team.

1 minute ago, carlito1171 said:

Lafleur has been the bigger problem then Saleh himself...our defense looks prepared and plays tough....but Saleh hired Lafleur so it still falls on him 

maybe people shouldn't hire there best friend. or best friends brother. i forget which is which