Other NFL games today....

Beerfish

6 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

Jones is done 

What are they thinking running him like this at the goal line 

2 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

Some of these QB's refuse to slide. Jones got killed and he was never going to score on that play.

Just a bit of bad luck.  Took a shot to the head.   Then got driven into the ground on his head again.  Looked like a boxers' wobble trying to get off the field.

I was psyched at first seeing Jones get hit.  But then sick when the replay showed the hits.  No one deserves that.   Okay, maybe Jason Taylor.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Yeah!!!!!!  Jones short and got his face wailed.  Awesome!

EDIT:  Might be hurt so I take my enthusiasm down a bit.  But not too much.

Dude, he is hurt, looks like a punch drunk boxer.

Giants lose their franchise running back and QB in about 20 minutes.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Some mocked the Giants for taking Toney but they’re getting him the ball and he looks electric.

Both him and Rondale Moore are comfortably outplaying our Elijah.

It seems to me that other team's rookies look like they belong, but Jet rookies look like they never played a down of football. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, chirorob said:

Dude, he is hurt, looks like a punch drunk boxer.

Giants lose their franchise running back and QB in about 20 minutes.

You're right.  I corrected my post in a later one above.  Originally thought he just took a big shot.  I used the same boxer analogy in the corrected post.  

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Found a way:  Houston kicker missed 2xps a Fg and kicked kick off out of bounds, they tried a fake fake punt that went for about 10 yards and the refs made 2 or 3 very questionable calls in their favour at ultra critical times.

Houston was the much better team on the day.  Pats for the most part looked like garbage.

I didn’t see the game but didn’t NEP score the last 10 points of the game when it counted. Folk kicked the winning FG with 15 sec left in game. 

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Glennon looks older than me and he's 35 years younger.  No joke, Glennon appears to be in his late 50s.

Ryan looked old and weathered too.  

Dude is in his 30's and is a multi millionaire.  

I'm in my late 40's, work 60 hours a week,  and still look better than him. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Ryan looked old and weathered too.  

Dude is in his 30's and is a multi millionaire.  

I'm in my late 40's, work 60 hours a week,  and still look better than him. 

Totally true on Ryan.  He looks like Sméagol older brother.   I think it's the teeth and skin tone.

Davis Mills is starting for the Texans after injury to Tyrod Taylor. He was #67 overall a 3rd round pick. I remember before the draft his stock had risen even though not too many college starts and some teams had him highly rated. I haven’t seen him play but after a terrible game the previous week against Buff he played better today against the NEP defense. 

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Blake Hance starting LT for the Browns and doing pretty well.

And yet another hit of a QB that was worse than the jets numerous roughing calsl.....no call

Roughing the passer has become 'what is a catch'?

It's a judgement call like every other penalty in football.

Judgement calls always go against the Jets.  

13 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Davis Mills is starting for the Texans after injury to Tyrod Taylor. He was #67 overall a 3rd round pick. I remember before the draft his stock had risen even though not too many college starts and some teams had him highly rated. I haven’t seen him play but after a terrible game the previous week against Buff he played better today against the NEP defense. 

He was fine, anyone that watched the game isn’t that impressed 

11 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Zach would’ve over threw that pass to zeke. 

IMO from Zach we are seeing some great moments and plays but most of the time average to below average execution. So far. But nothing terrible he has enough talent to cover many of his mistakes. If you want glass half full for this season he will get better and have a higher percentage of good quarterbacking. If I have a choice now I’d still draft him overall 2 and last spring I was for trading down. And I’d take him over Mac Jones. 

• Upvote 1