The Day Hope Died

TMAC

43 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Einstein never said it.

Who looks foolish now.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." — not Albert Einstein

Different versions of this quote appear everywhere (doing the same thing twice, expecting the same result, etc.), and we owe none of them to Einstein.

After Michael Becker, an editor at the Bozeman Daily Chronicle (a local paper in Montana), let the wrong version slide into an editorial, he did some research on his personal blog.

Becker traced the original back to Rita Mae Brown, the mystery novelist. In her 1983 book "Sudden Death," she attributes the quote to a fictional "Jane Fulton," writing, "Unfortunately, Susan didn’t remember what Jane Fulton once said. 'Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.'"

Now, go throw away half your coffee mugs and inspirational posters.

You're not the brightest bulb in the bunch. Thr sharpest tool in the shed. A few cards short of a full deck. All foam and no beer. A few watts short of a light bulb. 

Can you give me background on all those quotes too. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, JiFapono said:

I had the team starting 1-8.  Maybe snagging a few wins vs. Texans, Dolphins, Jags.   Cant see that happening but the season is playing out exactly how I anticipated. 

I had the Jets coming off a bye and lossing to the Pats 54 to 14.  I didn't anticipate Saleh having the huge balls to go for 2 down 31 to 13 in the third.  

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

And I don't think we have hit rock bottom yet. We are in the 10th year of a three year rebuilding program with our fourth HC. Pathetic.

I'll say this, if after next year with all the high draft choices and cap $ and Zack's 2nd year, and if over that season we do not turn this around and at least be like an 8-9 win team, then we will be this bad forever and it is a lost cause.

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

HAHA, I can tell you that @JiFapono, @Integrity28 and @Pac were all closer to that than anyone could imagine. None of them expected much more honestly. Maybe its their fault? I should ban them.

I'm not impressed.  Predicting something bad will happen to the jets is easy.

I predict that for the next 10 years we will be rooting for losses by Halloween.  There!  ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

What happens when they play a good team like the Bengals? - Oh that’s Sunday, another 50 burger is on the menu.

If you tune out the Jets and instead watch Joe Burrow, the game will be enjoyable.

The way he approaches the LOS with a swag, scans for pre-snap information, and delivers the ball right on the money to all areas of the field is a thing of beauty.

Reminds me of Peyton Manning… not quite the same arm strength… but everything else is PFM.

6 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I keep saying, "we will see how they perform next week" and I keep getting disappointed. 

What is troubling is this wasn't some gassed team in December. It was a team coming off a bye week in October. 

Saleh has been so bad, i think the one and done conversation is totally on the table with him. He has 11 more games to show something. I haven't seen anything from preparedness, execution, adjustments, to that blank stare on the sidelines to his underwhelming answers in the post games I have liked. 

I was high on Saleh when we brought him in. I feel conned by the rah rah slogan BS. He has not been good. 

The thing is, Saleh was supposed to be the guy to hire. He was the prize candidate  to take over a team. The guy every GM wanted on hire. It's  just stunning how everyone got this wrong or how we underestimate what a disaster this roster really is. 

I will say this, we are heading into the 7th game and it's 8th week of the season. We should be seeing improvement at this point. We should see evidence of this culture Saleh was fostering. What I see is a team circling the drain. So far the guy is an unmitigated disaster.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

The lack of energy and fight really bothered me. The lions balled out, just came up short 

this is a bad team, yes, but more wretchedly, I  DON’T LIKE this team. 

poorly planned, poorly coached, lousy effort 

I didn't like the Gase teams at all and stopped watching.  They were boring as hell.

27 minutes ago, dcJet said:

I'm not impressed.  Predicting something bad will happen to the jets is easy.

I predict that for the next 10 years we will be rooting for losses by Halloween.  There!  ?

No sh*t.  Predicting bad things for this team is the definition of playing it safe.  I prefer to show optimism. 

Just now, Jimmy 2 Times said:

No sh*t.  Predicting bad things for this team is the definition of playing it safe.  I prefer to show optimism. 

Then acting like you actually called something that 99% of this board could assume was going to happen, but hoped didn't is pretty sad.