The Day Hope Died

TMAC

We know that terrible organizations can turn things around with the right draft picks and personnel decisions.  The Bills, Bengals. Cardinals and even the Browns show us that this possible.  The NFL wants parity and intentionally creates an environment for success.  Nevertheless, the Jets have found a way to remain a sh*t stain on the NFL toilet bowl for a decade.  The NY media had us believing that JD, Saleh and company were going to turn things around with prudent draft choices, FA signings and the introduction of a positive, winning culture. We thought we could see a light at the end of the tunnel.  It wouldn't happen overnight but, eventually, better days were going to come.  We had hope.  Yesterday, that hope was murdered.  The Jets performance was horrific at every level.  It was an embarrassing disgrace exacerbated by the fact that it occurred in New England.  Zach Wilson's injury is an indictment against JD, Saleh and his OC, whose name I won't mention.  People are already talking about next year's draft. Why do they expect things to get better? It doesn't seem to matter who is coaching or managing or playing.  The disease known as the New York Jets never gets better.  I don't think things would even improve if Woody sold the team and, of course, he has no shame and will never do that.  Yesterday was a new low.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I keep saying, "we will see how they perform next week" and I keep getting disappointed. 

What is troubling is this wasn't some gassed team in December. It was a team coming off a bye week in October. 

Saleh has been so bad, i think the one and done conversation is totally on the table with him. He has 11 more games to show something. I haven't seen anything from preparedness, execution, adjustments, to that blank stare on the sidelines to his underwhelming answers in the post games I have liked. 

I was high on Saleh when we brought him in. I feel conned by the rah rah slogan BS. He has not been good. 

THIS

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

I had the team starting 1-8.  Maybe snagging a few wins vs. Texans, Dolphins, Jags.   Cant see that happening but the season is playing out exactly how I anticipated. 

In your crystal ball did you have Zach leading in INT's, getting hurt by week 7, getting shut out by the Broncos, or losing by 41 points to the Patriots? 

• Upvote 3

We know that terrible organizations can turn things around with the right draft picks and personnel decisions.  The Bills, Bengals. Cardinals and even the Browns show us that this possible.  The NFL wants parity and intentionally creates an environment for success.  Nevertheless, the Jets have found a way to remain a sh*t stain on the NFL toilet bowl for a decade.  The NY media had us believing that JD, Saleh and company were going to turn things around with prudent draft choices, FA signings and the introduction of a positive, winning culture. We thought we could see a light at the end of the tunnel.  It wouldn't happen overnight but, eventually, better days were going to come.  We had hope.  Yesterday, that hope was murdered.  The Jets performance was horrific at every level.  It was an embarrassing disgrace exacerbated by the fact that it occurred in New England.  Zach Wilson's injury is an indictment against JD, Saleh and his OC, whose name I won't mention.  People are already talking about next year's draft. Why do they expect things to get better? It doesn't seem to matter who is coaching or managing or playing.  The disease known as the New York Jets never gets better.  I don't think things would even improve if Woody sold the team and, of course, he has no shame and will never do that.  Yesterday was a new low.

Zach Wilson’s injury is an indictment of himself, because he has no one to blame but himself. He easily could have thrown the ball out of bounds while continuing to run out of bounds. He inexplicably stopped to throw it out of bounds, which allowed the defender to close and hit him. On the second play he stared at a wide open RB underneath for 10 yards, opted not to throw it, then sailed it past a wide open receiver into double coverage. If he took the 10 yard gain right in front of him like every competent QB would and should, the ball would be out much earlier and he doesn’t take that hit.

Unless of course you’re insinuating that he got hurt because he was actually playing in NFL game where he doesn’t belong, then yes I agree and blame the FO.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 4

5 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Zach Wilson’s injury is an indictment of himself, because he has no one to blame but himself. He easily could have thrown the ball out of bounds while continuing to run out of bounds. He inexplicably stopped to throw it out of bounds, which allowed the defender to close and hit him. On the second play he stared at a wide open RB underneath for 10 yards, opted not to throw it, then sailed it past a wide open receiver into double coverage. If he took the 10 yard gain right in front of him like every competent QB would and should, the ball would be out much earlier and he doesn’t take that hit.

Unless of course you’re insinuating that he got hurt because he was actually playing in NFL game where he doesn’t belong, then yes I agree and blame the FO.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

That is totally misleading. They were late hits, PERIOD. The ball was out of his hands and the defenders had time to stop. This isn't Zach holding on too long and drawing contact or hurting himself taking on a defender instead of sliding (ala Penny's shoulder). 

https://twitter.com/jasonrmcintyre/status/1452332589344296965?s=20

55 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I keep saying, "we will see how they perform next week" and I keep getting disappointed. 

What is troubling is this wasn't some gassed team in December. It was a team coming off a bye week in October. 

Saleh has been so bad, i think the one and done conversation is totally on the table with him. He has 11 more games to show something. I haven't seen anything from preparedness, execution, adjustments, to that blank stare on the sidelines to his underwhelming answers in the post games I have liked. 

I was high on Saleh when we brought him in. I feel conned by the rah rah slogan BS. He has not been good. 

Dam I hate to agree with you but this is how I feel also. 
Biggest Disappointment this season has been the CS, not that everything isn’t a disappointment but this was the one area that we could’ve been competent 

The coaches keep saying the right things. The problem is, it seems like its just lip service. There was no "hard look in the mirror" from Lafleur. He came out with run, run pass. Same as always. No mims, more miserable 2 TE sets, Moore on the outside trying to block on dumb WR screens.Try something different. 

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I used to feel like being a Jet fan was torture. It's starting to feel more like punishment. What have we all done that is so terrible to deserve this?

I think im past the punishment phase. This is pure comedy at this point. All I can do is laugh. Everything the jets do is wrong.

Nothing surprises me at this point. Everyone was hyping up Saleh and wilson and every free agent move. Not me. I will never get my hopes up with anything the jets do. You have to take a wait and see approach. Let them prove it on the field first. Because odds are whatever the jets do will implode in there face.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

When a team is in year 1 of a total rebuild, the best thing for that team is to pick high in the draft the following year.

So yesterday was not the day hope died.  You could actually say yesterday was the day hope began.

Is this the 10th consecutive year 1, or

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

In your crystal ball did you have Zach leading in INT's, getting hurt by week 7, getting shut out by the Broncos, or losing by 41 points to the Patriots? 

Yes.  I've predicted all of this perfectly.  Only thing I missed was I thought the first win would come vs. Atlanta.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

When a team is in year 1 of a total rebuild, the best thing for that team is to pick high in the draft the following year.

So yesterday was not the day hope died.  You could actually say yesterday was the day hope began.

is he Joe Douglas or is he Santa Claus?

Santa Claus GIF by Team Coco

12 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

1377753763_giphy(46).gif.24d18c52a07390cd6e42d3c79592f530.gif

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Why do I feel mid chapter in 1984?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, TMAC said:

To be honest yesterday was just Sunday to me in a long line of Sundays that suck. 

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

HAHA, I can tell you that @JiFapono, @Integrity28 and @Pac were all closer to that than anyone could imagine. None of them expected much more honestly. Maybe its their fault? I should ban them.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, bgivs21 said:

The coaches keep saying the right things. The problem is, it seems like its just lip service. There was no "hard look in the mirror" from Lafleur. He came out with run, run pass. Same as always. No mims, more miserable 2 TE sets, Moore on the outside trying to block on dumb WR screens.Try something different. 

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. 

No its not, the definition of insanity is the state of being seriously mentally ill; madness.

• Thumb Down 1

27 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

Wow, great contribution. 

You know that's an Einstein quote, Einstein. 

Einstein never said it.

Who looks foolish now.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." — not Albert Einstein

Different versions of this quote appear everywhere (doing the same thing twice, expecting the same result, etc.), and we owe none of them to Einstein.

After Michael Becker, an editor at the Bozeman Daily Chronicle (a local paper in Montana), let the wrong version slide into an editorial, he did some research on his personal blog.

Becker traced the original back to Rita Mae Brown, the mystery novelist. In her 1983 book "Sudden Death," she attributes the quote to a fictional "Jane Fulton," writing, "Unfortunately, Susan didn’t remember what Jane Fulton once said. 'Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.'"

Now, go throw away half your coffee mugs and inspirational posters.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TMAC said:

Saleh is responsible for rising gas prices with his stupid All Gas No Brakes nonsense. ****in a$$hole.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bgivs21 said:

LaFleur to a tee. Woody needs to order him fired. He has his head up his ass and that's just fine with Saleh, who has turned this defense into the worst run defense in the NFL. It also sucks in every other way too. Thats on Saleh and Dougl-ass.

4 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Saleh is a fraud, a pretender, someone who wishes that nobody notices that he doesnt know wtf is going on around him.