Great Eisen Rant

kevinc855

1 minute ago, Sellis92 said:

Why are Jets fans in such delusionworld over Zach Wilson’s stinkage?  

You can make all the excuses possible he’s been mostly terrible.  The second pick overall in the draft shouldn’t be worse than Mike White

Because he’s 5 and a half games into his career and has been given a rookie coaching staff that’s coaching the team to one of the worst seasons in franchise history? I agree he hasn’t been good! Apart from a couple of solid throws and plays it’s been mostly bad but it’s not like his play caller does him any favors every week is all I’m saying 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Because he’s 5 and a half games into his career and has been given a rookie coaching staff that’s coaching the team to one of the worst seasons in franchise history? I agree he hasn’t been good! Apart from a couple of solid throws and plays it’s been mostly bad but it’s not like his play caller does him any favors every week is all I’m saying 

Well luckily for the Zack Cultists he’s not playing the next 4 games.  If he was, oh boy.

3 minutes ago, Sellis92 said:

Was he even drafted?  If he’s looking more capable than Wilson wow

I think he was a 5th round pick of the pats 3 years ago. but other than the 2 Int's he sailed Which if you look back were not bad decisions just sailed the throws he played pretty well IMO and made some really nice throws

13 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I think he was a 5th round pick of the pats 3 years ago. but other than the 2 Int's he sailed Which if you look back were not bad decisions just sailed the throws he played pretty well IMO and made some really nice throws

Well I think he will have his moment against Cincy at home, unless they trot Flacco out there which be crazy imo....I know the trip from Philly to Atlantic health aint long but....

Rich Eisen is one of the few sports personalities I can handle but the Bengals comparison does not compute. Zac Taylor was 6-25-1 in his first two seasons. They were terrible. My closest friend of 35 years has been a Bengals since the 80s and spent much of the last two years ranting to me that Taylor needed to be fired.

This was a thing just five months ago:

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/former-nfl-executive-zac-taylor-not-qualified-to-be-head-coach-of-the-bengals

The big thing is not that Taylor magically became a better coach--though he has improved--but that they've hit on their top draft picks. Burrow and Chase are electric. This is why the few non-reactionary fans around this place know JD's fate is tied almost entirely to Zach Wilson. If Wilson is a bust, JD is probably out of here in two years. 

Again, Zac Taylor sucked for his first 32 games. We are all of six games into Saleh's tenure. This is going to stay ugly for a while before we start to improve but that is the key: 2022 can't look anything like 2021. 

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Well I think he will have his moment against Cincy at home, unless they trot Flacco out there which be crazy imo....I know the trip from Philly to Atlantic health aint long but....

If they trot Flacco out there I will certainly be pissed because if they do that then you are not getting a good in game look at the guy you chose to be your back up QB and that would be beyond stupid. 

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I just hope that Wilson will finally reach the conclusion that bailing the pocket to the right or left rather than stepping up is his worst habit and a big issue for his lack of success. If he steps up: 1) he still has the whole field, rather than half of it to throw to; 2) he can clearly see his check down; 3) he is in a better position (mechanically) to throw; 4) a running lane would be more apparent if he decides to tuck and run; and 5) the O lineman are pass blocking with an emphasis on clearing the middle so the QB can step up (this is why pressure up the middle is so valued by teams).

I'm gonna disagree here.  I've seen Zach climb the pocket when there was room.  Most of his bails are because of immediate pressure up the middle that sends him running for his life.  

Sam for sure had the "bail the perfectly clean pocket early" syndrome last year.  Zach not so much yet.  

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The problem is that Gase and Darnold were better than Saleh and Wilson.  The "stink in Year 1" happened in 2017, Suck For Sam, remember?

You are hoping that a HC and QB who are worse than the awful HC and QB that were here before them are going to be better than they were and that's wrong thinking.

The sooner we get an experienced GM and experienced HC in here, the better.  This roster is way too young and way too broken to continue with the amateur's we have calling the shots now.

SAR I

261504538_giphy(69).gif.91bbfa6bd6620242e86df8c874de4e94.gif

2064660120_Adam_Gase_Postgame_Press_Conference_(at_Chiefs)___New_York_Jets___NFL(1).gif.d81fb0f45a186489843c5f0daa961f04.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sellis92 said:

Why are Jets fans in such delusionworld over Zach Wilson’s stinkage?  

You can make all the excuses possible he’s been mostly terrible.  The second pick overall in the draft shouldn’t be worse than Mike White

I know you have an agenda to sell, but saying White outplayed Zach is just flat out wrong and is not helping your argument. 

Zach wasn't great before he got hurt but White really stunk up the place - (47 QBR, 64 rating) 2 bad INT's.  Those are Geno numbers.  White does throw a nice check down though.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I just hope that Wilson will finally reach the conclusion that bailing the pocket to the right or left rather than stepping up is his worst habit and a big issue for his lack of success. If he steps up: 1) he still has the whole field, rather than half of it to throw to; 2) he can clearly see his check down; 3) he is in a better position (mechanically) to throw; 4) a running lane would be more apparent if he decides to tuck and run; and 5) the O lineman are pass blocking with an emphasis on clearing the middle so the QB can step up (this is why pressure up the middle is so valued by teams).

That's exactly the thing.  he can't step up.    Van Roten is holding his blocks for about 1.1 seconds, when he actually gets to touch the guy at all.  If the QB steps up, he steps right in a DT, or LB'er.

That's what happend in the 8 sack game or whatever it was.  He's running left or right out of self preservation.  

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

2064660120_Adam_Gase_Postgame_Press_Conference_(at_Chiefs)___New_York_Jets___NFL(1).gif.d81fb0f45a186489843c5f0daa961f04.gif

Laugh it up, Gase is exactly what we hope Saleh can be right now.  Take an awful 1-8 team and motivate them to a 6-2 finish.  Gase wasn't the long term answer, but we don't need a long term coach right now.  We need a guy who can get a bunch of losers to play hard and get some wins.  We need a guy who can gameplan around half his starters missing against superior competition.  That's what Gase was.  Awful for a playoff run, perfect for a rebuild.

When Saleh doesn't come close, then you'll appreciate what Gase was able to do.  Same easy schedule.  Same crappy roster.  If dumping Gase was the right decision, Saleh needs to get us to 8 wins. 

SAR I

3 hours ago, Bugg said:

Thought on draft day Jones was the pick, and Wilson looks like a tiny WAC guy with some nice game day tape against Boise State or Fresno State. Totally overthinking it. 

I'd bet the ranch that Zach is going to be a better QB than Mac Jones in the NFL simply because he has way more talent. The great Mac Jones is 3-4 with 2 wins against a bad Jets team and one lucky one against Houston - and he has the best coaching staff in the league and a solid line. Screen passes do not make a career. Let's stop with the over reactions. Zach was looking good both drives before he got injured. Jets should have had 10 points early in the second quarter. Now the D totally sucked big time so it wouldn't' have mattered, but I think this matchup will turn for the good next year and will stay that way for a while, providing Zach gets enough games this year to allow him to progress.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, NorthCoastJetsFan said:

I find it hilarious the people forget how bad Zac Taylor was his first two years. Things that are being said about Salah right now are the same that were said about Taylor his first year. Now he is the the toast of the town.

I am definitely not happy about this team. But there was such a void of talent from the Gase years that it will take a number of years just to become respectable. Vince Lombardi couldn't win with this team right now.

I am not trying to absolve Salah here. He looked like a deer in the headlights Sunday on the sideline. But I think we have to give both him and Douglas a little more time before we jump off the ledge. If the same crap is happening next year, I'll be leading the firing squad.

Eisen is right though. We STINK.  But you are right and I hold that view myself.  The roster Douglas inherited was abysmal. Coming in as GM AFTER the draft was just beyond stupid. Who hires a GM AFTER the draft. Only the Jets.  And JD's FA acquisitions in his first 2 years have been very strange to say the least.  He is not acquiring top FA talent. Is that his fault? Probably not. Who wants to come to play on this train wreck of a team.  JD's only viable solution is to build the team up from through the draft, get them somewhat competitive and then better FA's will follow.  Look at what the Pats did during FA this past year. They spent a boatload of money - Judon, Jou Jou, Hunter etc etc Good quality players that play for an established HC and organization.  JD has to get better at drafing.  Obviously this strange experiment of ripping the roster apart and replacing it with 3rd, 4th, 5th round 23 year olds was extremely questionable.  Not any more.  Saleh's defensive philosophy is get to the QB and the secondary will invariably be better equipped to cover.  That was working here and there. It worked well against the Titans. But that's only because both their top WR's were OUT. Tannehill couldnt find anyone open. Result - 7 sacks. Great. Nice, as per Saleh's philosohy. Against the Falcons - torched. Against the Pats - incinerated.  What happened to the pressure?  Nothing Nada Zilch Zippo. Jones was sitting back there baking muffins. It looks really really bad BUT it's not as bad as it looks.  Next year we get a top edge like Thib or Hutchinson to go along with Lawson.  Thats a huge upgrade. HUGE.  We fortify the OL. JD MUST fortify the OL.  And sign a freaking shutdown CB and stud RB and this team will look light years differently.  Thats about 8 key players needed to improve this roster immensely - CB, C, G RT, Edge LB, RB, TE.  Its alot BUT we have the picks and cash to make it happen.  4 top picks at around 4, 12, 36, 44  Sign 4-5 kick azz FA's and we are on our way to being transformed.  Oh and of utmost importance, demote LaFleur.  He cannot return as OC next year. Just cant. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Bugg said:

The guy Joe Burrow compares to is Mac Jones. Wilson had nowhere near the college career nor size nor ability of Burrow. The Jets f___ed up this pick, very badly. 

If the Jets ****ed up the Wilson pick, we are beyond ****ed. The kid NEEDS to work out

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Bugg said:

The guy Joe Burrow compares to is Mac Jones. Wilson had nowhere near the college career nor size nor ability of Burrow. The Jets f___ed up this pick, very badly. 

LOL Kyler Murray is about half the size of Wilson LOL Wilson has good mobility, much better than Burrows or Jones for Pete's sake. He's just raw and needs reps, protection and experience. Once the game slows down for him and we get him a running game an OL and a #1 WR and TE and RB, he will be explosive. Oh Burrows has that. Hmmmmm?!?!?

5 hours ago, Sellis92 said:

Zach has a better roster than Sam did last season.  Corey Davis by himself is better than all our WRs last year combined

And how about Sam's roster in Carolina?

Guess it also doesn't matter that Darnold was a 3rd-year QB either...

Wilson may well suck.  But people have been seemingly pining for both Geno Smith and Sam Darnold today.  It's gross and lame.  They're veteran QB's who are both terrible.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

Laugh it up, Gase is exactly what we hope Saleh can be right now.  Take an awful 1-8 team and motivate them to a 6-2 finish.  Gase wasn't the long term answer, but we don't need a long term coach right now.  We need a guy who can get a bunch of losers to play hard and get some wins.  We need a guy who can gameplan around half his starters missing against superior competition.  That's what Gase was.  Awful for a playoff run, perfect for a rebuild.

When Saleh doesn't come close, then you'll appreciate what Gase was able to do.  Same easy schedule.  Same crappy roster.  If dumping Gase was the right decision, Saleh needs to get us to 8 wins. 

SAR I

You’re always entertaining.  

Joe Burrow would flop on the JETS…. Run run pass punt

Joe Burrow is a 6’4” QB with a great arm out of LSU, so he spent his college career facing the highest levels of college talent. Burrow would be doing much better here as a rookie. Zach’s problem is he has no idea what he’s doing because he’s never seen a pro style defense, never run a pro style offense, and has never seen a defender at any position on the field move even remotely as fast as they do in the NFL. He has no business starting in the NFL, not now for certain.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You’re always entertaining.  

I'm always right.  You're always wrong.

Tell me again how 2019 and 7 wins with a roster built by the awful Mike Maccagnan was meaningless when 2021 is headed to 2 wins against a schedule that is just as easy and a roster hand-crafted by Joe Douglas.

"We can replace Mark Sanchez easily!"

"Mike Maccagnan sucks!"

"Adam Gase is the worst!"

Still waiting.  Still waiting for the QB better than Sanchez (8 years), looks like Douglas and Saleh are going to waste 2 seasons or more.  You Jets Illuminati are the reason for the problem we have right now.  Your big mouths and horrible misreads made our owner move in the wrong direction and make us worse.  Congratulations.

SAR I

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Tell me again how 2019 and 7 wins with a roster built by the awful Mike Maccagnan was meaningless when 2021 is headed to 2 wins against a schedule that is just as easy and a roster hand-crafted by Joe Douglas.

"Mike Maccagnan sucks!"

Still waiting.  Still waiting for the QB better than Sanchez (8 years), looks like Douglas and Saleh are going to waste 2 seasons or more.  You Jets Illuminati are the reason for the problem we have right now.  Your big mouths and horrible misreads made our owner move in the wrong direction and make us worse.  Congratulations.

SAR I

It’s true, everyone.  I control Woody Johnson. 

If it weren’t for me, we could’ve still had Adam Gase and Mark Sanchez and had a Patriots-like dynasty 

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It’s true, everyone.  I control Woody Johnson. 

If it weren’t for me, we could’ve still had Adam Gase and Mark Sanchez and had a Patriots-like dynasty 

Adam Gase and Mark Sanchez were better than their replacements.  We've been searching for someone better than Sanchez for 8 years and we'll be stuck with Gase's replacement for at least 2.

You, the ignorant Jets Illuminati, do indeed control Woody Johnson.  And when he gives in and tries to please you, you call him the idiot.  Find a mirror.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, SAR I said:

"Mike Maccagnan sucks!"

SAR I

Are you smoking drugs?

8 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

I'd bet the ranch that Zach is going to be a better QB than Mac Jones in the NFL simply because he has way more talent. The great Mac Jones is 3-4 with 2 wins against a bad Jets team and one lucky one against Houston - and he has the best coaching staff in the league and a solid line. Screen passes do not make a career. Let's stop with the over reactions. Zach was looking good both drives before he got injured. Jets should have had 10 points early in the second quarter. Now the D totally sucked big time so it wouldn't' have mattered, but I think this matchup will turn for the good next year and will stay that way for a while, providing Zach gets enough games this year to allow him to progress.

Mac is getting way too much credit right now.  He threw a bunch of screen passes that our pathetic defense couldn’t defend.  Even with 54 points he threw for only (IIRC) 307 yards.  As you point out, his wins are against the Jets twice and the Texans once.  I think they averaged around 20 points per game prior to this past week.  He’s got a lot to prove.  He hasn’t been smacked around yet.  That day will come. Mac will be exposed. We’ll see if he’s able to adjust.  I’m not sold on him at all so far.  

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

There is no such thing as a coach that is good for a rebuild but not after that. No such thing.  You keep posing this nonsense.  A coach that can rebuild a team and get some wins would be even better as the talent on the roster improves and the team matures.  There are good coaches, mediocre coaches, and bad coaches (and many in between ).  Saleh may turn out to be a bad coach (6 games is not enough to judge), but Gase was without question a bad coach for 32 games with the Jets and 48 games with the Fins.  80 games of stink.  Stop. Please.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Adam Gase and Mark Sanchez were better than their replacements.  We've been searching for someone better than Sanchez for 8 years and we'll be stuck with Gase's replacement for at least 2.

You, the ignorant Jets Illuminati, do indeed control Woody Johnson.  And when he gives in and tries to please you, you call him the idiot.  Find a mirror.

SAR I

If Gase and Sanchez were truly this good, their post Jets careers would demonstrate how the Jets made a mistake.  Sanchez knocked around as a 2nd and 3rd string QB for a few years and now is in the booth. Gase is coaching pee wee football.  End of discussion.  

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Mac is getting way too much credit right now.  He threw a bunch of screen passes that our pathetic defense couldn’t defend.  Even with 54 points he threw for only (IIRC) 307 yards.  As you point out, his wins are against the Jets twice and the Texans once.  I think they averaged around 20 points per game prior to this past week.  He’s got a lot to prove.  He hasn’t been smacked around yet.  That day will come. Mac will be exposed. We’ll see if he’s able to adjust.  I’m not sold on him at all so far.  

Look - the Jets stunk on Sunday, but they were down 6-7 defensive starters since training camp. On a thin roster, you can't replace that and compete with the best coach in the past 20 years.  They had only 2 linebackers available to play in the second half.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I’ve chosen to not bring back Gase but, since you’re so insistent, I might tell Woody to have a halftime dedication ceremony and retire his name next to Weeb’s. 

1 hour ago, Snell41 said:

Joe Burrow is a 6’4” QB with a great arm out of LSU, so he spent his college career facing the highest levels of college talent. Burrow would be doing much better here as a rookie. Zach’s problem is he has no idea what he’s doing because he’s never seen a pro style defense, never run a pro style offense, and has never seen a defender at any position on the field move even remotely as fast as they do in the NFL. He has no business starting in the NFL, not now for certain.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

So only QBs from major college programs are successful in the NFL?  I can make a loooong list of great NFL QBs that did not come from major colleges.  And I can also make a loonnnng list of QBs from major colleges that busted. Your argument is wrong.