Grown men.

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

My question is if Saleh's even living up to his own slogan. There's no way the coaches are putting in the time and effort if that's how the product looks. No one cares how many bleachers you run. Anyone can see through that bullsh*t if you get shellacked by 50 after the bye.

The running the bleachers thing is bizarre. Huge week for this team facing the Bengals. If they get destroyed by 21+ again, Woody is going to do some stupid sh*t and it’s all downhill from there.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Woody is back and not of a nice cheery guy as Chris.

Losing 41 points to your hated rival and being made fun of all across the media will do funny things to an owner. 

First sign is this Flacco move. JD and Saleh are less confident in their youth movement being able to survive the fan base and owner 

This could turn out to be a very important point in how things turn out.  

When this butt kicking took place Woody was at an owners meeting.  Make no mistake about it the NFL is a billionaires "Good ole boys club".

These guys all have monster egos, and the owners meeting is when they get to show off prizes .  Robert Kraft, happy endings or not, gets treated like a Duke.

Woody gets asked to stay around and help clean the tables off.  I'm sure Woody didn't enjoy this owners meeting.  Johnson has done a few impulsive things in the past dealing with ego.  A few more games like the Pats, I kind of expect to see it again.

• Upvote 3

22 hours ago, jgb said:

This was a coward’s move both in timing and in personnel. JD hit the snooze button all off season as teams acquired youngish, established QBs for peanuts only to trade for Flacco and pay him more than Trubisky and Minshew combined — two guys he could’ve had for a song with this tiniest dollop of foresight who would now be sitting on months of practice experience. Just an absolute inexcusable whiff on his part. It’s like he believed if he acted like Wilson was going to be so great no real backup was needed he could magically will it into being.

The rest of this notwithstanding, I don’t think Douglas did pay more for Flacco, though. He paid with a draft pick instead of dollars, if that makes you feel a little better ;)

Philadelphia paid his ~$2.5MM signing bonus. Flacco’s base salary was the vet minimum (and a little over 40% of that has already been paid by Philly as well). So by my crude math the Jets should be on the hook for just $632K.

Flacco’s got millions more (some $4MM) in potential incentives, but without knowing what those are, and the season nearing the halfway point without him having taken a single snap yet, it seems unlikely for him to hit much of them at this point; maybe not any of them, especially if he’s the QB2 this week and then goes back to the bench upon Wilson’s return.

15 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Woody is back and not of a nice cheery guy as Chris.

Losing 41 points to your hated rival and being made fun of all across the media will do funny things to an owner. 

First sign is this Flacco move. JD and Saleh are less confident in their youth movement being able to survive the fan base and owner 

Except that Flacco wasnt brought in to start.

Remember when Woody fired Rex after the buttfumble game on Thanksgiving?  You know when the media actually did make fun of us.  

On 10/25/2021 at 11:01 PM, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Stop projecting your own latent prejudices and stereotypes. You only exacerbate it by pointing it out rather than simply ignoring the odd comment like everyone else and sticking to football. Your insinuation is more repulsive than what he actually stated merely by you wanting to be the PC moral police. Stick to football and leave out your incorrect interpretation and overreaction of @Ecuadorian Jetcomment ?

Youre not that sharp if you dont see the insult and the prejudice.

Everyone else didnt ignore it, the original post is gone.  Removed and I'd bet someone is on a time out.  A long one.  

3 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Bad hair day comment is directed towards a woman during her period but I guess that went over your head

The best jokes always need to be explained. 

Shame too, it was the perfect blend of misogyny and wit.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

The rest of this notwithstanding, I don’t think Douglas did pay more for Flacco, though. He paid with a draft pick instead of dollars, if that makes you feel a little better ;)

Philadelphia paid his ~$2.5MM signing bonus. Flacco’s base salary was the vet minimum (and a little over 40% of that has already been paid by Philly as well). So by my crude math the Jets should be on the hook for just $632K.

Flacco’s got millions more (some $4MM) in potential incentives, but without knowing what those are, and the season nearing the halfway point without him having taken a single snap yet, it seems unlikely for him to hit much of them at this point; maybe not any of them, especially if he’s the QB2 this week and then goes back to the bench upon Wilson’s return.

Thanks! It doesn’t make me feel better. That was a mere throw in point. 

• Haha 1

On 10/25/2021 at 8:27 PM, TheClashFan said:

Serious question: do we know that he wasn't angry and in the refs faces? I watched the game and don't remember any shot of him on the sideline at that time. Now, in the 2nd half he was a zombie....staring off into the distance like Adam Gase staring at a clipboard.....as I saw in several shots of him.

A not little thing; Q getting called for defensive holding on a running play, 1st Pats series, before it was a total disaster; a coach needs to lose his sheet about that. If you are going to let the refs eff with you in Foxboro, why did you take the job in the 1st palce? Being Rex Ryan and blowing up every 10 minutes is clownish, but there are things this guy simply doesn't do that have to be done. 

On 10/25/2021 at 8:15 PM, the Claw said:

He’s not wrong, but I really wanted him to show some passion after the refs blew those roughing-the-passer calls. He needed to get in their faces, even if he got ejected. Show some friggin heart.

The team is taking on his personality. The players should have been on the field stumping the defenders guts outs. FK Penalties. They did not stick up for their QB. That is all you have to know about the 2021 Jets to understand one of the many reasons why they suck.

On 10/26/2021 at 10:24 AM, #27TheDominator said:

This is something that I have wondered about.  There were times when the practices seemed light.  We were told that they only had so many padded practices, like they were being saved.  Now we hear they got a day off after being embarrassed coming off the bye?  Are we using all the allotted practices or not?  WTF?  What are we saving them for?  Maybe they got the time off because they are so banged up?  

This coaching staff also didnt think it was important to play the starters more than a quarter and handed rookies who were out for months, starting jobs the day they were "healthy" again. 

I think it's very fair to say, Saleh is soft and the team is thus, soft. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

This coaching staff also didnt think it was important to play the starters more than a quarter and handed rookies who were out for months, starting jobs the day they were "healthy" again. 

I think it's very fair to say, Saleh is soft and the team is thus, soft. 

Youngest team in the leagues starters couldn’t get preseason reps because it was raining. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

think it's very fair to say, Saleh is soft and the team is thus, soft. 

100 percent. He's a "players coach" which can scare the heck out of me. That can maybe work on a talented veteran roster. 

He has a bunch of 22 year olds who were partying in Frat houses last year. But you know, he doesn't need to dig into them because they are "grown men" 

On 10/25/2021 at 8:11 PM, Integrity28 said:

Team might suck, but at least we hired a guy that’ll trigger the “throw tantrums on the sideline to validate my Sunday afternoon wife beating habit” crowd.

It would be nice if he gave them what they needed.  Good coaching and a solid game plan after 2 weeks off.   Nobody needs him to yell or scream.  How about showing some basic quiet competence.  

2 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Somehow missed this beauty of a thread. Trying to catch up. So Saleh sucks and is soft, but its OK because he doesn't yell at players like Franky from Staten Island wants him to, so all is good?

I think the point here is yelling for the sake of being a hard ass is meaningless without any follow through. I get Saleh thinks these guys are professionals and should be self-motivated…but keep in mind they are in their early to mid 20’s and many have gotten by on natural talent and just being better than their competition throughout high school and college. Throw in millions and things get even dicier with motivation.

Going the self starter route is fine, but you better have an air tight draft process that identifies players who live, breathe, and eat football. I think that’s where the disconnect is. Becton over Wirfs certainly doesn’t fit that philosophy for example.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

It would be nice if he gave them what they needed.  Good coaching and a solid game plan after 2 weeks off.   Nobody needs him to yell or scream.  How about showing some basic quiet competence.  

Exactly my point. I agree.

11 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I think the point here is yelling for the sake of being a hard ass is meaningless without any follow through. I get Saleh thinks these guys are professionals and should be self-motivated…but keep in mind they are in their early to mid 20’s and many have gotten by on natural talent and just being better than their competition throughout high school and college. Throw in millions and things get even dicier with motivation.

Going the self starter route is fine, but you better have an air tight draft process that identifies players who live, breathe, and eat football. I think that’s where the disconnect is. Becton over Wirfs certainly doesn’t fit that philosophy for example.

Wasn’t Becton due back this week?

3 hours ago, Biggs said:

If a player at a position with no depth on this team is not giving full effort, then yeah sometimes a little kick in the rear end could be motivating. You cant just ignore it when there's no one behind him threatening his spot on Sunday.

46 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Theres hard ass coaches who have been successful, and low key coaches who have been successful, and plenty of hard asses who suck, and plenty of low key coaches who suck.

To be a good NFL coach, first and foremost you need to be a leader. You need pick a strong staff and you need to lead 50+ world class elite athletes who are making sh*t tons of money, and a lot of coaches.

If you can't be a good leader, you cant be a good coach.

Leadership has to be an extension of your personaity, it can't be faked, and it cant be copied from someone else.

Most people cannot be good leaders. 

The NFL has a terrible habbit of assuming good coordinators are good leaders, its not the same skillset. 

A good cooridnator is a good chess player, a good HC is a good leader. DOesnt mean the good coordinator cant lead, but just becuae someone is a good coordinator definitely does not mean they can lead.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1