Flacco and Mike White on the Covid-19 List

T0mShane

3 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Citing base rate fallacy doesn’t suggest the government is lying.  It suggests you’re misinterpreting raw data.

What ever you thuink or don't think about COVID, assume the government is full of sh!t no matter who is in charge. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

34 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Lots of great content in this thread but I have yet to see anyone pay any respect to Joe Flacco for stepping up in a pinch and dropping 14 points on the Miami Dolphins.  11/21/20 will always have a special place in my heart.  Thank you, Joe!

I rank it just above the Monday night miracle 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

9 minutes ago, sciond said:

LOL so the UK government is lying? 

OK you obviously know more than data and science..my bad

Did you actually read the data?  If you had read it leads me believe one of two things 

1) you do not understand  the data

2) you are being disingenuous 

Now if you haven't read it go and do so then come back and discuss.

This is not the only study showing vaccines are troublesome either atm.

CT is the highest vaxed state in the country and having the biggest spike. There are 38 cases and one death in the past week near me. All were vaccinated. I am personally vaxed because my wife is a nurse, the company I work for has government contracts and I dont plan on having any more kids. However, I can completely understand someones viewpoint that doesnt want to get vaxed.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

See the anti vaxers rearing their heads here

Breakthrough hosipitlizations are like 0.05%. Just because your vaxed neighbor got covid doesnt mean the shot didnt save their life or help them stay out the hospital 

Sheesh, you all be talking to Covid Joe over cheap beer on his great scientific insights?

• Upvote 4

See the anti vaxers rearing their heads here
Breakthrough hosipitlizations are like 0.05%. Just because your vaxed neighbor got covid doesnt mean the shot didnt save their life or help them stay out the hospital 
Sheesh, you all be talking to Covid Joe over cheap beer on his great scientific insights?

Those numbers just arent true. You or someone you love obviously isnt in healthcare right now. The word bad doesnt even describe it. My wife is going on 14 days straight most of which are double shifts. She works 7am-11pm on Thanksgiving and wont have a day off until next Wednesday. You can quote all the phony numbers you want. They are all a lie. Oh and being a floor nurse isnt even her job. She is a nurse manager. Thats how bad it is.

3 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Those numbers just arent true. You or someone you love obviously isnt in healthcare right now. The word bad doesnt even describe it. My wife is going on 14 days straight most of which are double shifts. She works 7am-11pm on Thanksgiving and wont have a day off until next Wednesday. You can quote all the phony numbers you want. They are all a lie. Oh and being a floor nurse isnt even her job. She is a nurse manager. Thats how bad it is.

Is some of that due to the mandates though?  (Nurses leaving or getting laid off because they won’t take the vax)

Or is it just a lot more patients than there used to be?

3 minutes ago, RSJ said:

ummmmm okkkkk

The new report brings the total number of breakthrough cases to 71,037, and the death toll among people with breakthrough infections to 552.

Both figures remain a tiny percentage of the total number of all people who have been vaccinated -- by contrast, more than 4.8 million Bay State residents have been fully vaccinated.

The equivalent of just 0.05% of vaccinated people have been hospitalized and 1.5% have had confirmed infections. An even smaller percentage has died: 0.01%. 

Nearly 7,000 New COVID Breakthrough Cases in Mass. – NBC Boston

Ohhhh and PS, my wifes a nurse........

• Upvote 1

Is some of that due to the mandates though?  (Nurses leaving or getting laid off because they won’t take the vax)
Or is it just a lot more patients than there used to be?

Not where she works. They didnt lose any nurses. Its a perfect storm of issues. Daycare, people burned out, people left prior to the mandate because they take care of vulnerable ones at home. In my uneducated opinion I think they waited too long to get the booster out and now you are seeing a spike. Spikes require more care. It didnt take much to tip the scale prior to covid. Now its just an avalanche.

Talked to my doctor yesterday. He said because I had COVID first and then got the shots  6 months later I now have super human immunity lol recommended not to get the booster. I had no side effects from the phizer shots. Shook it right off. And here’s a tip, if you lose your taste and smell I would recommend eating wasabi peas and putting hot sauce and horse radish on everything. It made mine come back quicker and to full capacity.

Disclaimer: this is a BP public service announcement 

• Upvote 2

Talked to my doctor yesterday. He said because I had COVID first and then got the shots  6 months later I now have super human immunity lol recommended not to get the booster. I had no side effects from the phizer shots. Shook it right off. And here’s a tip, if you lose your taste and smell I would recommend eating wasabi peas and putting hot sauce and horse radish on everything. It made mine come back quicker and to full capacity.

Disclaimer: this is a BP public service announcement 

Interesting. I had the same set of circumstances. I got covid in January and the J&J in May.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

It’s because we all have an arsenal of memes and gifs ready to post when Schefter tweets that Jamison Crowder is our starting QB this Sunday. 

You are en fuego in this thread. That’s Irish for on fire.

• Sympathy 1

ummmmm okkkkk

The new report brings the total number of breakthrough cases to 71,037, and the death toll among people with breakthrough infections to 552.

Both figures remain a tiny percentage of the total number of all people who have been vaccinated -- by contrast, more than 4.8 million Bay State residents have been fully vaccinated.

The equivalent of just 0.05% of vaccinated people have been hospitalized and 1.5% have had confirmed infections. An even smaller percentage has died: 0.01%. 

Nearly 7,000 New COVID Breakthrough Cases in Mass. – NBC Boston

Ohhhh and PS, my wifes a nurse........

The problem with these numbers is there is no time period on them and the vaccine wears off. The numbers in Connecticut over the last month have been showing a 10% fatality rate in acute care facilities. Again, I stand by my points. Its not the same as the polio or small pox vaccine and I can understand people not wanting it. Your wife must be lucky atm. Mine isnt.

1 minute ago, ZachEY said:

You don't debate someone on the internet thinking you're going to change their minds.  Dunning-Krueger should tell us that's almost certainly never going to happen.  You debate someone on the internet so that anyone reading along, who may be conflicted, isn't sucked in to misinformation, etc.

You almost sound like a psychiatrist lol