We gotta face it - Jets are unwatchable

WowOhWow

18 minutes ago, CSNY said:

This version of the Jets is frustrating team to watch. You see the talent of  AVT Elijah Moore Quincy and Quinnen Williams Bryce Hall. The improvement of Ashtyn Davis , George Fant and the o line in general and get hopes up that in the  not too distant future team will be able to contend for playoff and beyond. Then after watching Zach yesterday we have the doubts of him ever putting his physical talent and mental aspect of game all together. I for one am excited about the direction this team is on and think Zach will be a better than average QB so I don’t think the team is unwatchable frustrating yes unwatchable no. NOW LAST YEARS  GASE LEAD SQUAD THAT TEAM WAS UNWATCHABLE 

Take a look at the talent on the other 3 teams in our division.   It's far superior across the board.  Also unwatchable but the talent on the Jets while better doesn't take into account that the teams in our division have more talent, better talent, more depth, better QB play and better coaching across the board.   

If Zach turns out to be a good NFL QB, he's still likely to be the third best QB in the division and that's if Miami doesn't make a big offseason move for an established veteran. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Take a look at the talent on the other 3 teams in our division.   It's far superior across the board.  Also unwatchable but the talent on the Jets while better doesn't take into account that the teams in our division have more talent, better talent, more depth, better QB play and better coaching across the board.   

If Zach turns out to be a good NFL QB, he's still likely to be the third best QB in the division and that's if Miami doesn't make a big offseason move for an established veteran. 

I am not disputing that but the Jets needed to be completely torn down and I believe that they are headed in right direction. In a couple of years the only way that an AFC East team gets in the playoffs is by winning the division as the teams will be all competitive and will knock each other out

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

I am old but I remember a time when people were happy after a Jets win.

I too am old, but you gotta put things in perspective.  For one, the team was 2-8 before yesterday and going nowhere this year.  #2, the Jets were playing an equally bad 2-8 football team.  #3- a healthy Zach Wilson started off by completing 1 out of 6 passes for 11 yards, going 3 and out time and time again, while missing easy throws.  The Jets were down 14-3 with a double digit lead by the Texans, led by a QB that was really no better than Zach. The first part of the game was disheartening to say the least.

I had to turn the game off for awhile, and turned it back on near the end of the 1st half.  The 2nd half was entertaining, and I was happy with the win, but still no big deal.

If Zach can play more consistently next week and come away with a win against the Eagles at home, I will begin to be more happy.  

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

I convinced myself I’d watch to see Zach.  I am so amazingly frustrated watching unwatchable football.  I am literally a laughingstock in my own house for how many times I’ve sweated I’d never watch only to watch and then almost immediately be so disappointed in what I’m watching that it’s literally joyless.  I would never stand for this in any other part of my life.  Eventually I’ll get so beaten down that I’ll finally quit. It’s 11 years of unwatchable.  I feel bad for myself

Duh GIFs | Tenor

2 minutes ago, CSNY said:

I am not disputing that but the Jets needed to be completely torn down and I believe that they are headed in right direction. In a couple of years the only way that an AFC East team gets in the playoffs is by winning the division as the teams will be all competitive and will knock each other out

The entire model is bad teams fire everyone, rebuild through the draft and getting rid of cap and either make a leap or rinse and repeat.   The Pats have been bucking the trend for 2 decades.   They got a QB 13 picks below us that's likely to give them an edge at QB for the next 10 years.  Allen is a beast and itn't going anywhere.  We have a short window with a rookie contract on Zach and he's at least 2 years behind Jones.  

We have already lost the rebuild and that's if Zach is good.  

I really don't understand why so many of you guys watch this team. You don't enjoy wins. You don't bother to see that the young players are going to be really good for us. How did Lamar look yesterday? Was it 3 or 4 picks? Big Ben? Baker? Stafford? Zach hadn't played in a month and is on an injured knee for the first time. He was pretty rusty. Once he gets experience he has the ability to be elite. AVT, Elijah Moore, Michael Carter 1 and 2 are all solid players. Lawson coming back with this D-line should be amazing. We are built to start winning more games next year and then compete for the SB the year after. That's why so many young guys are playing now. Yep, that is a plan whether you think so or not. Probably 2 top 10 picks next year and Lawson and Becton healthy will be something to look forward to. It's ridiculous to say the Jets are unwatchable after a win. It's not fun watching the D-line dominate?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 3

13 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The entire model is bad teams fire everyone, rebuild through the draft and getting rid of cap and either make a leap or rinse and repeat.   The Pats have been bucking the trend for 2 decades.   They got a QB 13 picks below us that's likely to give them an edge at QB for the next 10 years.  Allen is a beast and itn't going anywhere.  We have a short window with a rookie contract on Zach and he's at least 2 years behind Jones.  

We have already lost the rebuild and that's if Zach is good.  

Completely disagree with this. Getting rid of the cap would make it easier to build super teams ( just like the NBA ) and teams that are good now can just spend and spend on all pro players since that’s where the free agent would want to go they would be able to have shiitake drafts for years and years only with no repercussions. Having the cap makes it imperative to have good drafts and rewards teams that know what they are doing in finding talent and spending their available cap money wisely 

On 11/28/2021 at 10:14 PM, Maxman said:

Douglas is so annoying. The last draft class is a prime example, walking away with two future Jets Ring of Honor members in AVT and Moore. So annoying.

Hey Max, I hope that you and your family are well. 

I don't often disagree with you but in this case I have some variances from your opinion. Douglas' last draft is looking better then his previous one (We need a year or two to see what ZW does). However, I see the 2020 draft as possibly an unmitigated disaster. No one, and I mean no one will hit on all draft picks. People mention Becton as if he were a success story. The knock on him coming out of college was his weight. That is usually a reason of concern because his body could break down at any time. Have we not seen the consequences already? It is possible that Becton might never see a full season. Mims?? Perine??Morgan?? Even Mann is regressing. Also, Douglas has whiffed on the vast majority of his free agent signings. He has not found a kicker in 3 seasons. I mean 3 seasons is a lot. I want Douglas to succeed and become the most successful GM ever. That being said, I cannot continue to give him a pass on another really bad season with very little improvement so far.

Be well sir.

• Upvote 1

I watched and yes, there were parts that were cringe worthy.  However, I saw some good things and hopefully the younger guys keep moving forward.  I am not expecting miracles...

I would, however, be a lot happier if Zach starts hitting his receivers on a regular basis.  I think he will as he gets more game time.

On 11/29/2021 at 9:02 AM, Alka said:

I too am old, but you gotta put things in perspective.  For one, the team was 2-8 before yesterday and going nowhere this year.  #2, the Jets were playing an equally bad 2-8 football team.  #3- a healthy Zach Wilson started off by completing 1 out of 6 passes for 11 yards, going 3 and out time and time again, while missing easy throws.  The Jets were down 14-3 with a double digit lead by the Texans, led by a QB that was really no better than Zach. The first part of the game was disheartening to say the least.

I had to turn the game off for awhile, and turned it back on near the end of the 1st half.  The 2nd half was entertaining, and I was happy with the win, but still no big deal.

If Zach can play more consistently next week and come away with a win against the Eagles at home, I will begin to be more happy.  

I saw a QB who wasn’t totally healthy, who after one play limped to the sideline to have his knee checked.  I saw a QB who just may have started slow because he didn’t trust the leg, who didn’t move in the pocket like he normally does.  

Hopefully

On 11/29/2021 at 8:52 AM, Biggs said:

Disagree. I'd take our roster over Miami's and after another draft/free agency class I believe we will be competitive across the board.

On 11/28/2021 at 4:51 PM, FidelioJet said:

Another bash the QB thread after a win.

Boy are you guys desperate for this guy to fail...

Im reading post after post and seeing words like Unwatchable? Sloppy? HC is a bum? QB is a bum? Worthless? After a win? 

We had only one TO and it was a weird INT, overcame a double digit halftime score on the road, our Qb got better and better as the game progressed leading us to believe it was just a matter of shaking off the rust rather than other issues, the QB converted on a 4 and 6 in crunch time against the #6 rated passing defense, won on the road, and even our struggling rookie kicker forced the Texans to have to score a TD at the end with a FG after an earlier miss .

Either trolling or Im not seeing the same game as some 

On 11/28/2021 at 1:52 PM, WowOhWow said:

I convinced myself I’d watch to see Zach.  I am so amazingly frustrated watching unwatchable football.  I am literally a laughingstock in my own house for how many times I’ve sweated I’d never watch only to watch and then almost immediately be so disappointed in what I’m watching that it’s literally joyless.  I would never stand for this in any other part of my life.  Eventually I’ll get so beaten down that I’ll finally quit. It’s 11 years of unwatchable.  I feel bad for myself

I think this team is anything but unwatchable.  Of course, Zach is a big part of this team's progress and watching him is not always pleasant.  Clearly the speed of the game is too much for him right now but it will slow down for him.  And he does some things to suggest that when it does, he's going to be really good.

There are many other things to watch.  This rookie crew is very, very good and if you watch closely you can easily see the core of this team developing.  AVT is a stud.  It's fun to watch him opening holes.  His pass protection needs improvements but it's coming.  Michael Carter I is growing up in front of our eyes.  Michael Carter II was a terrific late round find.  Watching Elijah Moore week-to-week has been a joy ride.  Quincy Williams is always fun to watch.  

It's even more fun to imagine this team with a guy like Aidan Hutchinson joining Carl Lawson next season.  And adding Dalton Schultz (TE, Cowboys) and Jalen Wydermyer, TE will help Zach next year.

Yes, if all you're looking at is Zach it's not a lot of fun.  But if you can see the forest but for the trees I see a team growing. Something we haven't seen in a long, long time.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

I think this team is anything but unwatchable.  Of course, Zach is a big part of this team's progress and watching him is not always pleasant.  Clearly the speed of the game is too much for him right now but it will slow down for him.  And he does some things to suggest that when it does, he's going to be really good.

There are many other things to watch.  This rookie crew is very, very good and if you watch closely you can easily see the core of this team developing.  AVT is a stud.  It's fun to watch him opening holes.  His pass protection needs improvements but it's coming.  Michael Carter I is growing up in front of our eyes.  Michael Carter II was a terrific late round find.  Watching Elijah Moore week-to-week has been a joy ride.  Quincy Williams is always fun to watch.  

It's even more fun to imagine this team with a guy like Aidan Hutchinson joining Carl Lawson next season.  And adding Dalton Schultz (TE, Cowboys) and Jalen Wydermyer, TE will help Zach next year.

Yes, if all you're looking at is Zach it's not a lot of fun.  But if you can see the forest but for the trees I see a team growing. 

The Jets are a team, not a fantasy football team where you focus on specific players.  The first half of the game I found to be utterly unwatchable.  Putrid defense.  Bland offense.  Nothing explosive.  The second half was better.  

I am bullish on the rookie class.  I'm a very big fan of JD but we gotta call it - his first draft class was a big dud.

I also don't get into what-if's.  What if we get a TE, what if we get Hutchinson.  How about we deal with what's happening now.

They won.  I'm happy about that.  But this is entertainment and the Jets are a very tough watch right now.

On 11/29/2021 at 9:10 AM, Greensleeves said:

I really don't understand why so many of you guys watch this team. You don't enjoy wins. You don't bother to see that the young players are going to be really good for us. How did Lamar look yesterday? Was it 3 or 4 picks? Big Ben? Baker? Stafford? Zach hadn't played in a month and is on an injured knee for the first time. He was pretty rusty. Once he gets experience he has the ability to be elite. AVT, Elijah Moore, Michael Carter 1 and 2 are all solid players. Lawson coming back with this D-line should be amazing. We are built to start winning more games next year and then compete for the SB the year after. That's why so many young guys are playing now. Yep, that is a plan whether you think so or not. Probably 2 top 10 picks next year and Lawson and Becton healthy will be something to look forward to. It's ridiculous to say the Jets are unwatchable after a win. It's not fun watching the D-line dominate?

After Zach wins his first NFL MVP, we can cut him some slack after a bad performance. 

5 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

The Jets are a team, not a fantasy football team where you focus on specific players.  The first half of the game I found to be utterly unwatchable.  Putrid defense.  Bland offense.  Nothing explosive.  The second half was better.  

I am bullish on the rookie class.  I'm a very big fan of JD but we gotta call it - his first draft class was a big dud.

I also don't get into what-if's.  What if we get a TE, what if we get Hutchinson.  How about we deal with what's happening now.

They won.  I'm happy about that.  But this is entertainment and the Jets are a very tough watch right now.

We agree on several things.  Other things, not so much.

I agree the defense was putrid on the first two drives.  I enjoyed watching the adjustments Saleh made to then shut them down.  And mostly with very young players and without a stud pass rusher.

The what-ifs is exactly what this year is about.  It's about determining what pieces we have in place and how to address them going forward.  This is especially true given the amount of salary cap we have available and the number and quality of picks we have next year.

I'm not trying to be argumentative just pointing out another perspective.

On 11/30/2021 at 9:21 AM, Jet Nut said:

I saw a QB who wasn’t totally healthy, who after one play limped to the sideline to have his knee checked.  I saw a QB who just may have started slow because he didn’t trust the leg, who didn’t move in the pocket like he normally does.  

Hopefully

I'm not going to argue with you; I hope that is exactly what happened.