2022 New York Mets thread

Scott Dierking

9 hours ago, Lith said:

And today, the Braves get to carry their 14 game winning streak int Wrigley against the Cubs and their 10 game losing streak.  Would be great if Cubs can end both streaks this weekend.  Braves have to lose again sometime.  Right.

You called it!

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Lith said:

And today, the Braves get to carry their 14 game winning streak int Wrigley against the Cubs and their 10 game losing streak.  Would be great if Cubs can end both streaks this weekend.  Braves have to lose again sometime.  Right.

YOU DID IT, LITH!!!!

11 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

This may be the most resilient Met team since, well, I guess the Valentine Mets Series team. Nothing seems to shake them. 

True story, as a Father’s Day gift my dad got me a custom Cameo sent to me from Bobby V wishing me a Happy Fathers Day and telling me to enjoy the season because the Mets gave a shot this year. By far one of the coolest gifts I have ever gotten. I wish he would have worn glasses and a mustache but otherwise it was top notch. 

• Upvote 3

In an almost throw away comment during yesterday's broadcast, we can understand one  huge but subtle difference with the Mets under Cohen. Gary referred how much more packed the flights are now, with there being more trainers and analytic people in tow.

We can not appreciate how much the Mets underspent under the Wilpons in their last decade, just to cut corners. 

3 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

In an almost throw away comment during yesterday's broadcast, we can understand one  huge but subtle difference with the Mets under Cohen. Gary referred how much more packed the flights are now, with there being more trainers and analytic people in tow.

We can not appreciate how much the Mets underspent under the Wilpons in their last decade, just to cut corners. 

It’s weird how conditioned I am. When Marte and Alonso went down I figured they were gonna be out the rest of the year because of the past training staff histories.

1 hour ago, faba said:

Need Scherzer and Degrom on the road back soon hopefully

It's interesting how they're fine against middle and bottom tier teams, but when you're going against the top dawgs in the league there's really no substitute for an ace. Should be interesting to see what happens with DeGrom. The old Mets would be rushing him back right about now in a panic after the last two games, but the team is in a prime position due to an incredible April and May, so there's no need. The Mets just need to weather the dog days of summer for a few weeks and they should be fine come August so long as they don't do anything foolish.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It's interesting how they're fine against middle and bottom tier teams, but when you're going against the top dawgs in the league there's really no substitute for an ace. Should be interesting to see what happens with DeGrom. The old Mets would be rushing him back right about now in a panic after the last two games, but the team is in a prime position due to an incredible April and May, so there's no need. The Mets just need to weather the dog days of summer for a few weeks and they should be fine come August so long as they don't do anything foolish.

My thoughts exactly vs elite teams we need our aces . Braves were always my major concern to go up against

On 6/23/2022 at 4:43 PM, faba said:

My thoughts exactly vs elite teams we need our aces . Braves were always my major concern to go up against

This is my one hope that we don’t have a typical Mets second half collapse.  They haven’t been at full strength an entire series the whole year.  

On 6/19/2022 at 7:00 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

True story, as a Father’s Day gift my dad got me a custom Cameo sent to me from Bobby V wishing me a Happy Fathers Day and telling me to enjoy the season because the Mets gave a shot this year. By far one of the coolest gifts I have ever gotten. I wish he would have worn glasses and a mustache but otherwise it was top notch. 

How much did bobby V charge ?

On 6/22/2022 at 5:51 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

Honestly, I'd just baby him through the season, let him take as much time as needed, even skip an occasional start when he gets back.   You know you are going to the playoffs, and a healthy Degrom/Scherzer gives you a great chance against any team.

6 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Honestly, I'd just baby him through the season, let him take as much time as needed, even skip an occasional start when he gets back.   You know you are going to the playoffs, and a healthy Degrom/Scherzer gives you a great chance against any team.

Maybe, I don't know, the Braves seem to be on the exact same trajectory they were on last season and they had some killer stretches in August and September, so it's going to be a wild fall. Then again there's no single wild-card game anymore, so really all the Mets are risking is losing the bye and having to trek through a 3-game series, which based on how they've played this year you have to feel confident in. 

On 6/27/2022 at 11:35 AM, RutgersJetFan said:

I'm gonna chock up yesterday's loss to the fact that the game was on some obscure network app that literally nobody subscribes to. 

I hate what MLB is doing to the games. It is like whack a mole trying to find out where (and if you can) watch.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I hate what MLB is doing to the games. It is like whack a mole trying to find out where (and if you can) watch.

Half the nights I talk to my mom she informs me that she wasn't able to watch one of the games (she watches both Yanks and Mets) was on some weird ass network that I have set up on her TV, but she has no idea on how to access.  She generally refuses to let me walk her through it.

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Half the nights I talk to my mom she informs me that she wasn't able to watch one of the games (she watches both Yanks and Mets) was on some weird ass network that I have set up on her TV, but she has no idea on how to access.  She generally refuses to let me walk her through it.

Same with my Dad. He won't even watch the Amazon games and he never misses otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Same with my Dad. He won't even watch the Amazon games and he never misses otherwise.

Representative discussion:

27:  Just hit the button on your phone

Mom:  The phone is too small.  I don't want to watch it on my phone.

27:  So cast the phone to the TV.

Mom:  Will you stop it?  Really, who the hell could be bothered?  Just leave me alone.  I'm going to watch Fallon.

5 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Mom:  Will you stop it?  Really, who the hell could be bothered?  Just leave me alone.  I'm going to watch Fallon.

Toy Story Disney GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Your Mom sounds like me...if I can't find Bill White and the Scooter, or Ralph, Lindsey or Bob Murphy, I'm out.?

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Maxman said:

I just find a stream online.  I do it for NFL too.  I use nflbite.  It works every time  Never worry about where they are when you do it that way.

Really hope they can just split till they get healthy but they're running out fingers to plug holes in the ship at this point and Mets ships love to sink.  Braves look like they're on the same projection as last year too and I'm scared.

Jake, Max, where are you? 

Hold me

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Happy Bobby Bonilla day to all.

The Wilpons’ have cast a long shadow over this franchise that will be hard to get rid of. Only drafting well and Cohen paying top $ will enable the light to shine once more. There looks like the clouds are beginning to part. 

Time for the Mets to wake up and smell the coffee. Every game our pitchers give up multiple homers, and our hitters have been hit a league high amount of times. Buck should tell these guys in no uncertain times that it’s time to be a “little high and wild.” We have to stop  letting some of these stiffs on other teams get so comfortable in the box. We are 70+ games into this season. The Met pitching staff has to finally grow a pair.

22 hours ago, section314 said:

Time for the Mets to wake up and smell the coffee. Every game our pitchers give up multiple homers, and our hitters have been hit a league high amount of times. Buck should tell these guys in no uncertain times that it’s time to be a “little high and wild.” We have to stop  letting some of these stiffs on other teams get so comfortable in the box. We are 70+ games into this season. The Met pitching staff has to finally grow a pair.

The ball is slippery as an eel. It’s totally juiced up. They following the NFL by trying to stimulate offense. People (not real baseball aficionados) want to see dingers, high scoring games.  The 1-0 shutout pitching duel is like the dinosaurs ?- EXTINCT. And they could care less if a player gets seriously hurt.  Pretty pathetic. There was nothing more exciting than watching Seaver/Koosman/Gooden/Ryan throwing 2, 3 hit shutouts and KO 10 through 9 innings. Those were the days.