You have to win one game. Which combo do you pick?

jgb

Best of the worst  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which combo gives you the best chance? Assume all else is equal.

• Rex/Sanchez
    • Rex/Darnold
    • Rex/Wilson
    • Bowles/Sanchez
    • Bowles/Darnold
    • Bowles/Wilson
    • Saleh/Sanchez
    • Saleh/Darnold
    • Saleh/Wilson

Just now, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

Step one is actually throwing darts.

Prior to Douglas taking Wilson this year, when was the last time a Jets GM took a first-round quarterback in the first three years of his tenure?

Macc didn't? Wow, never thought of it actually. When was the last time, if you have the answer handy?

17 minutes ago, jgb said:

I hope he donates a ton to the next winning Presidential Campaign and becomes the new administration's ambassador to Narnia.

That would be nice, he would pretty much be out of this world, which is the best place for the Jets he could be

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

It was Weeb. Tannenbaum and Parcells were the only other two who did it on their first contracts. Both four years in and Parcells on his way out the door. Maccagnan was extended after 2017.

Wow. 

1 minute ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

The new Browns have done it three times with Dorsey/Mayfield, Savage/Quinn, and whoever took Tim Couch over Donovan McNabb.

Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again: I never fault a GM for taking a shot. QBs are the hardest position in sport to extrapolate amateur-to-pro performance. I don't even criticize Idzik for drafting Geno despite detesting Geno immensely. But the fact is that GMs -- fairly or unfairly -- are largely defined by their QB choices.

Although I think Rex is the "cocaine of head coaches" and can get a team hyped to play out of their cleats for one game (and then disastrously crash and k-hole afterward), I had to go with Bowles. I think he will show himself to be a good HC in his next go-around. Guy is a legit DC talent and seems thoughtful/introspective enough to actually learn and adjust his approach based on his learned experience.

You are insane.

You need one game and only one game the only answer is Rex and any QB.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

While we’re at it, gimme Browning Nagle and Lou Holtz.

But just think of the draft capital we’d amass by the end of the year 

7 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Why no options with gase?

id go with Geno and gase

Gase would’ve held Geno down while IK punched him 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Seriously, how is this even a debate?

2 minutes ago, maury77 said:

That this is even a debate makes me think some people here are even more demented that I expected.

Read the fine print.  It says “all things being equal”.  Meaning you either have to give that duo AND all other duos the # 1 OL and defense, or give them all a replacement level OL and defense.  A lot of HC’s and QBs could win you a game with a supporting cast consisting of peak Revis, Mangold, Ferguson, Harris, etc.

IE consider what Rex and Sanchez looked like in 2012 before placing your vote with confidence.