Fletcher Cox was laughing at Saleh during the game

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The guy made a thread three weeks ago saying we wouldn't win another game all year. It was wrong after two games.

The amount of butt hurt over me bumping the thread after he was almost instantly wrong is hilarious.

Well, let's see if the Jets can win any more games the rest of the year, lol.

14 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

The entire world is laughing at this team but the homers dont want to hear a word of criticism.

So the problem here has to do with people who root for the team and hope for the best.

Got it.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

The entire world is laughing at this team but the homers dont want to hear a word of criticism.

The Eagles laugh at the Jets and the Jets cry about it. Show some balls guys and quit crying all the freakin time. I think the refs screw us more than anything the Eagles did. Gave them two extensions to drives the Jets had stopped and allowed six points to be scored against them at a critical time when it was still a game.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Maxman said:

So the problem here has to do with people who root for the team and hope for the best.

Got it.

There is a world of difference between hoping for the best and rooting for the team and blind homerism and not wanting to hear any criticism.

I am hoping for the best and rooting for the team. I assume the majority on here are. But I'm not going to bury my head in the sand and ignore reality.

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

First off I honestly can’t stay focused long enough to type that much. Second off as much as I like him  as a player he has been painfully inadequate to watch since he came back from whatever injury he missed a gave for. There was a time when he was out there that the defense was noticeably better, now he seems to be the biggest symptom of the ineptitude of the unit. He just looks slow to the ball and takes terrible angles. Not sure if we replaced him with whatever player from any team hoe much it would improve this defense, but I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t make it worse. It’s just bad 

Could it be he's just totally discouraged with the team's overall performance?  Even when he makes a big hit or key play, Ive seen him walk away with zero emotion.  Could it be the Jets have ruined him? It wouldnt be the first time.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Got it.

Actually, it's the folks who scoff and deride people just for questioning or critiquing what we see every week.  It's almost as if you can't be a fan of this team unless you 100% buy into all the team hype.

2 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Well, let's see if the Jets can win any more games the rest of the year, lol.

If the Jets can't beat the Kyle-Trask-led Bucs week 17 with all the Bucs starters playing max 1 quarter, it will be the bad times.

5 hours ago, jgb said:

If the Jets can't beat the Kyle-Trask-led Bucs week 17 with all the Bucs starters playing max 1 quarter, it will be the bad times.

Nah, they'll handily win that game with Joe Flacco which will just drop us down in the draft far enough to miss out on whatever good player everyone wants.

6 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Nah, they'll handily win that game with Joe Flacco which will just drop us down in the draft far enough to miss out on whatever good player everyone wants.

Screw the draft. There I said it. Develop Zack or develop a data set that leads to the reluctant conclusion that he isn't the guy. I hope Zach lights it up and wins every freaking game to end the season. I'll say it again: SCREW THE DRAFT.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Screw the draft. There I said it. Develop Zack or develop a data set that leads to the reluctant conclusion that he isn't the guy. I hope Zach lights it up and wins every freaking game to end the season. I'll say it again: SCREW THE DRAFT.

I mean, I hope Zach lights it up, too, but deep down I know the Jets will most likely end up doing the one thing that screws them the most.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I mean, I hope Zach lights it up, too, but deep down I know the Jets will most likely end up doing the one thing that screws them the most.

We've been playing for draft position for most of the last 10 years and we are a bottom barrel-team. I get the argument, believe me, I do. But I'd rather have something to get excited about for next season and that's Zach Wilson turning it on. 

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

We've been playing for draft position for most of the last 10 years and we are a bottom barrel-team. I get the argument, believe me, I do. But I'd rather have something to get excited about for next season and that's Zach Wilson turning it on. 

Oh, I'm not rooting for loses for a better draft position. I'm too numb to care at this point. I don't even know who we're supposed to want anyway.

My point was that if the Jets end up at Week 17 without any more wins, then they'll 100% win that game -- with Joe Flacco, nonetheless -- forcing them to miss out on the one guy in the draft that everybody wanted and who will go on to have a Hall of Fame career while we draft a TE who is out of the league in two seasons.

Because that's how the Jets do.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

Oh, I'm not rooting for loses for a better draft position. I'm too numb to care at this point. I don't even know who we're supposed to want anyway.

My point was that if the Jets end up at Week 17 without any more wins, then they'll 100% win that game -- with Joe Flacco, nonetheless -- forcing them to miss out on the one guy in the draft that everybody wanted and who will go on to half a Hall of Fame career while we draft a TE who is out of the league in two seasons.

Because that's how the Jets do.

Gotcha and true. 

10 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

There is a world of difference between hoping for the best and rooting for the team and blind homerism and not wanting to hear any criticism.

I am hoping for the best and rooting for the team. I assume the majority on here are. But I'm not going to bury my head in the sand and ignore reality.

I still fail to see how the homers as you put it matter in this equation at all. Nothing they say or do is going to change Saleh and the issue at hand here.