Fletcher Cox was laughing at Saleh during the game

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think Mosley is just a surly dude who’s had it. 

Best player on the team bar none.  He is in on every tackle.

I feel bad for Mosley as he made the mistake of his life coming here instead of staying in Baltimore or going to a contender.  He's an all world talent who will most likely spend the rest of his career going nowhere with this team.   Condolences, CJ.

• Upvote 2

its the scheme.

how many times do you see us penetrate the LOS on run plays only to see the RB run right pass us.

this defense scheme want the DL to rush to the QB as fast as possible. most i believe leave the DTs to fill the gaps in case of runs.

now all the OL has to do is let us go, with a little push to the side to open up spaces. there the Matador, and were the bull. the the RB is at the 2nd level with some blockers to take out the LBs.

i think Saleh has to serious consider changing the scheme. we dont have the players and next year hes on the hot seat. he cant have this bad of a defense again. today our offense was on the field for 72 seconds in the 3rd qt. 

remember how some of you didnt care if the defense gave up 50 pts a game as long as we drafted offense for Zach. 

well today is a classic case of how the defense can hurt our QBs development. after having one of his best half's of the season he plays 1:10 of the 3rd qt cause our defense cant make a stop. then in the 4th he didnt look the same.

i cant see this getting better unless against Jax. i hate to think with TB and the SB champs are going to do to this defense.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I'm just pissed, jgb.   No way anyone here expected this level of ineptitude from Saleh and his defense.  Folks are comfortable looking the other way and blaming it on rookies, etc.  Yet are comfortably handing out these excuses as JAG teams routinely hit runs all day right up the middle.   

Yeah it's strange how it went from we have a top 10 defense that could carry the team to we have no talent and the HC is new and installing a new D....these same people predicted we were gonna be better then expected and win 8 or 9 games because of the D.  There's way too many excuses and delusions in the fanbase right now.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I feel bad for Mosley as he made the mistake of his life coming here instead of staying in Baltimore or going to a contender.  He's an all world talent who will most likely spend the rest of his career going nowhere with this team.   Condolences, CJ.

dont feel bad for Mosley, he took the most money. im sure if all things were equal he would be somewhere else.

i feel bad for Crowder. he was forced to take less money for this crap.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, undertow said:

Yeah it's strange how it went from we have a top 10 defense that could carry the team to we have no talent and the HC is new and installing a new D....these same people predicted we were gonna be better then expected and win 8 or 9 games because of the D.  There's way too many excuses and delusion in the fanbase right now.

Right now???

• Haha 2

He said what needed to be said. IF you actually watched his presser, he took ownership of being responsible for 10 points today. He actually sounded like a leader that he is.

Saying out loud that a guy like Cox disrespects us is just accepting reality.  Who here can argue that we don’t cause self inflicted errors over and over again. Game after game.

He was simply voicing that this must change 

Until we stop stinking up the joint  , nothing will change That’s up to the players, not just the coaches.

the culture must change.

I know. It’s way simpler to say that Mike White is the answer.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think Mosley is just a surly dude who’s had it. 

I think they mostly all have…..  they recognize the BIG payday is after your rookie contract and none want to get hurt for this team, die in Jets hill.  Why go all out for a Woody team, risk injury and your next contract.  I believe some of that exists.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, doitny said:

dont feel bad for Mosley, he took the most money. im sure if all things were equal he would be somewhere else.

i feel bad for Crowder. he was forced to take less money for this crap.

Late at night, when the world is asleep, Crowder wishes he had dared JD to cut him.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

50 minutes ago, jgb said:

Something's going on there. For a defense this talent-deprived to have our best player in a situational role. Is there an injury we don't know about? Conditioning?

They're rotating him out to keep him fresh for those critical 4th quarter plays when we're down by 2 TDs.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Copernicus said:

And if Fletcher Cox were on the Jets and they had lost to the Giants the week prior and had a sub .500 record he'd be highly criticized and be considered terrible sportsmanship. But its against the Jets so hey all good..........this narrative is so tiresomne 

The refs follow that same narrative. The alternative would be corruption.

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Cox response to Mosley's comments about pre-game handshake.

That doesn’t look good from Mosley’s stand point.  And not about his relationship with Cox or the Eagles either.  Why would he essentially make this up to say in a press conference unless it’s words he wanted heard even if no one said it. Odd.

• Upvote 3

Sounds like an intimidation tactic by Cox. Some of the things these guys say to opponents to get them off track and psych them can be personal and cruel “your mama” etc. Probably Mosley is trying to influence these guys and get their attention because something has to be done on the field they just aren’t communicating and the defense is a mess. 

1 hour ago, Jetscode1 said:

I'll root for the Jets and the coaching staff until I see they cannot continue.  The misery of the past decade was not the fault of Robert Saleh and the current regime.  This past off-season the offense was truly god-awful, and the resources went in that direction.  This year, the offense looks better although still below expectations.  The defense now looks like the weakest link.  Rome wasn't built in a day.  JD has resources to overhaul the defense and make a modest improvement in the offense as well.  I may get disappointed in years to come but I still think the current glass is half full more than half empty.

Rome might not have been built in a day but it was burned down in one.

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

That doesn’t look good from Mosley’s stand point.  And not about his relationship with Cox or the Eagles either.  Why would he essentially make this up to say in a press conference unless it’s words he wanted heard even if no one said it. Odd.

I'm sure whining to the press will make other teams mind their P's and Q's and be polite and respectful going forward.

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

There is a difference between firing up your team with emotion and looking like a crybaby blaming the officials for the team's poor play.  This is no longer "Mr. Happy-Go-Luck" everyone said we signed during the preseason.   Like it or not, the losing is getting to Saleh.  Not every coach can handle the losing and other responsibilities of being a HC.   Right now, it's looking bad.

I prefer Saleh’s rage today wholeheartedly  to Blowes’ strained grin stare.

• Upvote 1

There is a difference between firing up your team with emotion and looking like a crybaby blaming the officials for the team's poor play.  This is no longer "Mr. Happy-Go-Luck" everyone said we signed during the preseason.   Like it or not, the losing is getting to Saleh.  Not every coach can handle the losing and other responsibilities of being a HC.   Right now, it's looking bad.

I would bet my life savings far more players at any level past junior high appreciate their coach having their back when they are getting a raw deal over having their Coach give some fiery rah-rah speech.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Mosley sucks and needs to go. The LBs on this team are hideous. 

There‘s so much wrong with this team, but Mosley is a big part of it. He freaking sucks. Even when he’s in on a tackle he’s getting carried by the ball-carrier across the 1st down marker like Vilma in his last year here. We’ll have to disagree on this, because he’s not elite and certainly not all-world. He’s terrible. Every other week the announcers say how wonderful he is when the game’s just getting underway, and then we see Mosley miss play after play. And he’s locked in for another $17MM next year, so the nightmare isn’t ending soon.

Plus coming to the Jets was the smartest decision of his life, because Baltimore’s top offer topped out at something like $11MM/year until Maccagnan came in, at Gase’s behest iirc, and blew their offer out of the water with $17MM per and the first 3 years fully guaranteed.

The part where I really point to the coaching more than the subpar talent level is in the sloppy tackling -- Mosley included. I’ve long since lost count how many times a Jets defender (if not two of them) had the ballcarrier dead to rights and just gets juked. And when they’re not whiffing outright, a disproportionate number of the remainder sees opponents’ backs getting an extra 3 yards after a tackle’s initiated as though this was totally routine around the league. If one or two are like that, ok that’s where they need upgrades. When everyone’s a sloppy tackler, it’s the coaching. JMO. 

• Upvote 4

Teams with bad depth cannot survive injuries. If the Jets had played this game with Carl Lawson, Maye, Joiner, Rankins and Huff, the D would not have been such a joke. There isn’t a player in the secondary with a lick of real NFL experience. Is it really that much of a mystery as to why there are open receivers and/or busted coverages on almost every pass play?  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

I like Saleh. Seems to be a stand up man. I wonder why no one seems to respect him though. Is he seen as a fake tough guy or something? 

Something's up. Was watching an interview with Chargers players and how they love to play for their new young HC. They just raved about this guy and how they would run threw walls etc etc etc for him.  I dont hear a peep from Jets players about Saleh.   

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

There‘s so much wrong with this team, but Mosley is a big part of it. He freaking sucks. Even when he’s in on a tackle he’s getting carried by the ball-carrier across the 1st down marker like Vilma in his last year here. We’ll have to disagree on this, because he’s not elite and certainly not all-world. He’s terrible. Every other week the announcers say how wonderful he is when the game’s just getting underway, and then we see Mosley miss play after play. And he’s locked in for another $17MM next year, so the nightmare isn’t ending soon.

Plus coming to the Jets was the smartest decision of his life, because Baltimore’s top offer topped out at something like $11MM/year until Maccagnan came in, at Gase’s behest iirc, and blew their offer out of the water with $17MM per and the first 3 years fully guaranteed.

The part where I really point to the coaching more than the subpar talent level is in the sloppy tackling -- Mosley included. I’ve long since lost count how many times a Jets defender (if not two of them) had the ballcarrier dead to rights and just gets juked. And when they’re not whiffing outright, a disproportionate number of the remainder sees opponents’ backs getting an extra 3 yards after a tackle’s initiated as though this was totally routine around the league. If one or two are like that, ok that’s where they need upgrades. When everyone’s a sloppy tackler, it’s the coaching. JMO. 

Mosley doesnt suck. He freaking sucks. LOL.  @The Crusher wholeheartedly disagrees.  A claymation fight between 2 of our beloved mods. This would be more exciting than watching this defense get slaughtered week in week out. I, for one, would have dumped Mosley for a pick but I dont think any GM is stupid enough to take on that contract. Or did Mac get another GM job?  His prescence here totally contradicts Saleh's young and grow approach. Mosley's here 'a la mala' which roughly translates in Spanish to, whether you like it or not.  We're stuck with Mosley another year - A La Mala.

• Upvote 1