Different perspective

Phillyjet

9 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I repsect you guys for weekly for trying to make something positive from weekly disasters. It's a tough job.

But here it is. Zach is not good. Sure, hes a rookie, but that excuse is more for reading defenses and decision making. 

My concern is the accuracy and zero touch?? Can he not clean that up before the year is out. The rookie card won't work on that. 

I'm deeply concerned considering we basically tied the entire longest rebuild of all time to him as QB.

I think he is shell shocked from the early interceptions. Now he is trying so hard not to throw them that he is thinking too much and not throwing naturally, and that is messing up his accuracy.

I know he didn't play well yesterday, but maybe the fact that he didn't throw an interception will help him take a step forward. It might take a few more games where he doesn't sh*t the bed with interceptions to really put it behind him. 

51 minutes ago, chirorob said:

And that's the hope.

There is also Sam Darnold, who came out and sucked accuracy wise, and did not really improve.

I think this is the problem.  Guys that end up good have sucked.  Hell, even watching Rodgers he misses guys at times.  The issue is that with those guys 3rd and 12 is a makeable down and distance.  We keep acting like every hiccup is insurmountable.  Anybody saying he didn't suck is delusional, but I am not sure what to make of it beyond that he sucked. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I repsect you guys for weekly for trying to make something positive from weekly disasters. It's a tough job.

But here it is. Zach is not good. Sure, hes a rookie, but that excuse is more for reading defenses and decision making. 

My concern is the accuracy and zero touch?? Can he not clean that up before the year is out. The rookie card won't work on that. 

I'm deeply concerned considering we basically tied the entire longest rebuild of all time to him as QB.

Not a long rebuild. The odometer only goes to “1” then rolls over.

46 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And the team has really done a lot to make him regret that!

So he’s a genius, then.

24 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

Nice try. You sound foolish. YOU are on the cutting edge of silliness. But please continue. lol

22 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

He needs to throw a better ball so even if it's tipped, like yesterday, the DB's can catch it more easily

Jets fans: "Please make it happen, the DB's would appreciate it"

21 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

More Jet fan genius. Please help out those DB's Zach. LMAO

You comprehend with the same accuracy with which Wilson throws.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I was looking at Josh Allen's career trajectory and he was a guy who when he came out his first year he completed only 53% of his passes threw 10 TD and 12 INT's and then made a sizable jump in year 2 followed by another sizable jump in year 3. 

That doesn't mean Zach Wilson is going to do the same thing but hopefully he makes a big leap from year 1 to year 2. All you can say about this year at this point is that he is getting experience. He's had 2 good games out of 8.5. 

The Allen Zach comparison has been made all year by the JD and Zach homers. As a fan who just wants to win football games I hope its true.

But are we just going to overlook that Allen is a threat because of his legs? There is zero comparison to Zach here. 

Also are we getting Diggs for Wilson in year 2? 

2 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I was looking at Josh Allen's career trajectory and he was a guy who when he came out his first year he completed only 53% of his passes threw 10 TD and 12 INT's and then made a sizable jump in year 2 followed by another sizable jump in year 3. 

That doesn't mean Zach Wilson is going to do the same thing but hopefully he makes a big leap from year 1 to year 2. All you can say about this year at this point is that he is getting experience. He's had 2 good games out of 8.5. 

The Allen Zach comparison has been made all year by the JD and Zach homers. As a fan who just wants to win football games I hope its true.

But are we just going to overlook that Allen is a threat because of his legs? There is zero comparison to Zach here. 

2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I agree. I'm just comparing the completion percentage issue. They are different players. 

6 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

You make a strong point.

I can see now, just like Zach Wilson, you are also the innocent victim of others fully to blame for your inability to understand anything going on around you.

You nailed it super twat. Your genius is overwhelming. Tell Zach he needs to better, since you know what he is thinking. Jets fans, lol.

6 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Only Zach Wilson can save Zach Wilson's career. I think he's got a good shot at it because he wants it and is willing to work for it.  Skillset + desire + obsessive work ethic + time = successful NFL QB. We just need to give Wilson the time to do the work.  

WTF does this even mean? You sound like his Guidance Counselor talking to his mom about his chances of getting into a good college.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

It's not so much that I'm done with him as I am these excuses.

This

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Not having WR1, WR2, RB1, RB2 and TE1 may actually be a valid excuse had he not played like sh*t with said WR1, WR2, RB1, RB and, TE1.

It's not like there are miles of quality differences between our WR1/2 and WR3/4

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

You nailed it super twat. Your genius is overwhelming. Tell Zach he needs to better, since you know what he is thinking. Jets fans, lol.

You already told him the solution.  Incompletions are the secret formula to NFL success you gifted to us all.

It's definitely not that you went off on an unhinged nonsensical rant lacking any coherent thought simply because it was suggested that it may not be celebratory when passes land nowhere near any players.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Phillyjet said:

It's hard not to look at yesterday's game in a nutshell and be dispirited.  The accuracy issues that we saw from Wilson were certainly concerning.  But I offer a different perspective, and it's not one that necessarily still believes he is the savior.   Rather, coming into this game I thought it would be an interesting one from a developmental perspective.  No WR1, WR2, RB1, RB2, TE1.  What would he do?  Any QB would be in a difficult spot with that.  

He was a jittery rookie for sure; but he didn't seem overwhelmed.  The Saints DBs were all over his players.  Mims sh*t the bed.  The other guys couldn't get open.  And there were drops everywhere.  Yet, for all of that, Zach did not press.  I wished he would have gone to a hurry up a little earlier to try to get into a rhythm, but that's on LaFleur to realize that he's got to change it up when they came out flat.  But instead, he chose to play it close... did not press.  I actually thought that was a step forward.  Every qb has games like that, and recognizing that, he soldiered through.  Early in the season, this would have been a 4 INT game.  Would also have been nice to see the defense grab an INT or big play. We can count on one hand the number of turnovers by the defense this year over the course of 13 games.  Never seen that before in 40 years watching the game.   And we've had some bad teams. 

Now next week, we are likely to see the same (no weapons) but now he's faced the undermanned situation, I don't expect him to be as jittery.  We'll see.  I see this as an important spot in his development.  How does he bounce back?  We'll see.  But I don't think it's worth lurching to "he sucks" every time he has a bad game.  Let him take his lumps.  Let's see where he's at by the end of the year, and then how he enters year 2 with more weapons.  I just sense this feels a bit different.  He has the yips right now and has to work through them.  He doesn't feel like Darnold... maybe I'll be wrong... but I think Zach is going to be fine.   He is learning the ropes of the NFL, and I see some important development even during sh*tty weeks.  I would not be shocked to see a huge jump out of him coming into year 2.   How good, we'll find out over the next 12 months.   I think it's more likely he has a big jump than continues to regress.  

I agree. We have been fortunate by some things like the RG upgrade and maybe we now have a kicker and these are things that will help Zack. I do not think we are so lucky with Mims. There is something really rotten in Denmark with him and if he were to develop games like yesterday would have been a little different for Zack. This week RB Carter may come back and if so that guy is the engine that runs our running game now that we have LDT at RG. Carter makes a big difference in the passing game since he is a big threat out of the backfield and from scrimmage running. But, as you said, Zack has not forced anything the last few weeks despite the lack of weapons and I think we all have learned when the young QBs we have had who have done that Sanchez, Geno, and Darnold, they never break the habit. Zack seems to have put that away from the first few times this year he did it. Now the short throws he has to work hard with moving forward, but I feel deep down that is easier and much more possible to fix that the previously mentioned forcing/turnovers, and bad decision making, which is more related to bad football IQ that is not really coachable. Many throws yesterday even Zack said were rushed, or thrown with bad hand placement on the ball, all of which QBs get better with as they get more experience. Especially since those are the types of mechanics that can be corrected or perfected over time. Again, as I have mentioned in a previous post we git to start keeping players healthier and having enough depth, but Sack will now get good experience dealing with the lower string players. Heck, that has even frustrated Brady and Rogers in the past when they are dealing with new weapons they are not on the same page with, and you have to just push on, like you said and we saw Zack did. We all have to play the cards we are dealt and he doesn't even have a low pair in his hand right now. But, he can also now relish in playing the spoiler. I would love to somehow beat the Fins and Bills and knock them both out of the playoffs.    

5 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

You already told him the solution.  Incompletions are the security formula to NFL success you gifted to us all.

It's definitely not that you went off on an unhinged nonsensical rant lacking any coherent thought simply because it was suggested that it may not be celebratory when passes land nowhere near any players.

Ken seems to be having a rough time dealing with the travails of young Mr. Wilson.

32 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

You already told him the solution.  Incompletions are the secret formula to NFL success you gifted to us all.

Rant? See above. Where's mine? Lol 

3 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

It's not so much that I'm done with him as I am these excuses.

Not having WR1, WR2, RB1, RB2 and TE1 may actually be a valid excuse had he not played like sh*t with said WR1, WR2, RB1, RB and, TE1.

When he had everyone available, the OL couldn't pick up a stunt.

Zach hasn't played with Michael Carter since week 5 unless you want to include the 2 drives in the 2nd Pats game.  And even before that, while he had shown flashes, he hadn't really had a great game yet.

Bah, I don't want to get in to more excuses, because it hasn't looked good.  But I really don't believe it is as bad as it looks.  However, I think it's going to get worse before it gets better.  We won't be able to run the ball, and we still won't have receivers who can get open for at least the next few weeks, if at all the rest of the season.

2 hours ago, doitny said:

i think the accuracy is tied to the arm strength. right now he has 2 speeds, fastball and slowball. the needs to find a 3 speed. if you look at the bouncers and low balls its because he cant find that medium speed. even some of his passes get to the receiver too fast. 

i think his early INT trouble has made him think he has to gun every pass. 

there is something that killed me yesterday. the U-Turns he makes while running away from the sack. it didnt work and he lost more yards. i hop he cleans that up. happened last week too. its wasnt a sack but he finally runs out of bounces and got hurt.

Which is sort of weird because one of his strengths in college and even preseason was throwing balls at the proper pace. Likely a function of his grip it and rip it mentality. I think he will get there eventually. He's a rhythm guy we should be running more up tempo stuff with him. Also the swing pass was one of his weaknesses in college so we are not "protecting" him but trying to get him to throw a lot of those. He should be throwing outside the numbers way more often. Unlike what we were told in the offseason the "Shanahan" offense does not seem to be a great fit. He would be better in a Norv Turner style offense.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ken Schroy said:

As usual YOU are guilty of poor analysis. But that's on you, and you have lot's of company. That's what's so unfortunate.

Yes, I'm the one with poor analysis.  You're the guy who sees the QB throwing balls at wide open receivers' feet and is like "It's all part of the process, this is good"

19 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I mean, you definitely didn't, like I said.  You're just here dropping the brilliance of your teachings about how great completely uncatchable throws are.

As clowns like you tell us how relevant it is that even DBs can't catch his passes. When anyone that knows football should know that DBs are not WRs because they can't catch. But carry in with your irrelevance and dumb contradictions.

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, I'm the one with poor analysis.  You're the guy who sees the QB throwing balls at wide open receivers' feet and is like "It's all part of the process, this is good"

Never said that. Show me the post skippy. I don't appreciate lies. 

4 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

Never said that. Show me the post skippy. I don't appreciate lies. 

It was the best I could surmise from your rambling.  I really don't give 2 sh*ts what your actual point is (it doesn't even seem like YOU know what it is yourself). 

Your method of interacting with people annoys me.  

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It was the best I could surmise from your rambling.  I really don't give 2 sh*ts what your actual point is (it doesn't even seem like YOU know what it is yourself). 

Your method of interacting with people annoys me.  

Lol. Jeez stop crying. Jets fans, jeez. You better agree with every dumb post on here or you are no good and you never were any good. Sounds about right?

3 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

Lol. Jeez stop crying. Jets fans, jeez. You better agree with every dumb post on here or you are no good. Sounds right?

People said its bad if a QB's throws to wide open receivers are so terrible that not even the opposition has a shot at catching it.  You called that dumb for some reason. 

Now you're personally attacking posters (I.E. when you called Bleedin Green a "twat") for doubling down by saying, indeed, that bad throws are bad.  So, no, I don't appreciate your general point of view towards everybody.  But let's go kill some birds.  I'm psyched.