We know they are bad, but stop beating each other over the head

Maxman

25 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

This place is becoming faceberg/Twitter. I guess that’s good for the site making money. There’s already a few bots like @Joe W. Namath (THANK YOU JOE DOUGLAS!). Pretty soon there will be bots everywhere chanting in unison “The Jets QB is safe and effective.” 

Whats next, @The Crusher posting selfies dressed inappropriately just to get a few likes? I suggest rethinking the path that this site is on. Those pictures of @The Crusher are supposed to be for DMs only. 

I'd pay a king's ransom for @The Crusher to do a series of tasteful nudes.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Cant imagine dealing with something like that, so sorry for your loss, CB.  My father blessed me with this curse as well and we talk after every loss, errr, I mean game.  ;-)   He's up there, so not sure how many years more we have of this but the one thing that amazes me about him is his memory is dude will call out specific downs and distance and time of the game and play call, it's astonishing.

Love your fathers Motto, RIP.

Not to change the subject, but I have no one to thank, I mean blame for me being a jet fan but myself. What an idiot. And it’s compounded by going Mets over Yankees, at least I have ummm the rangers, I think 

43 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you so much Captain!

Tellingly my father whom I had been taken care of during his ongoing battle with memory loss passed last week and he was the one who made me into a Jets fan. 

His motto was simple, “life will not go your way most of the time and it is up to you to decide to make whatever path you take a path of courage and caring, so stay strong!”

Hence I will never give up on the Jets because my father never gave up on me!

Stay Strong fellow Jets fans…

Stay Strong!! :) 

Sorry for your loss CB

7 hours ago, undertow said:

There's just as many people if not more having tantrums over legit criticism of the QB and have been having tantrums over legit criticism of the GM since the summer.  From what I see that cultish like behavior seems to be more of a problem.  I think people just wanna sit around and have a circle jerk about how great things are. loll

I don't  particularly  agree about this about JD, but more so with Zach. There are posters that if you talk about how good (insert QB from another team) is that posts a warning to others that you will be labeled a Zach supporter when Zach wasn't  even mentioned or if you are just talking about what a total mess the team is, that they turn it into a you hate Zach narrative. I personally rooted hard for Zach in the first half of Sunday and will continue to when he plays well but if he sucks, I should be allowed to call it out without being called a Zach hater. My God I have even neen told to root for Chicago because I liked Fields better than Zach in the draft.

• Upvote 2

Your site, your rules. I'll do my best to comply. I assume if someone brings up Zach in a positive way in a thread about another topic, I'm allowed to reply? Just not allowed to initiate the discussion? Then what? How far is it allowed to go? Let's put my own opinions aside (not my site) but that seems like an administrative nightmare. Going to be a lot of gray zones. It'd be easier just to declare a "good vibes" period until the end of the season. Or at least make the instruction two-way, i.e., stop bringing Zach into unrelated threads, period.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Tellingly my father whom I had been taken care of during his ongoing battle with memory loss passed last week and he was the one who made me into a Jets fan. 

His motto was simple, “life will not go your way most of the time and it is up to you to decide to make whatever path you take a path of courage and caring, so stay strong!”

Geez, just saw this CB.  Very sorry for the loss of your Dad.  You're a great son for having taken care of him.   Hope that gives you a small bit of solace.   Condolences.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

The effort to get better at pretty much every level of the organization seems half assed. This is the worst stretch of football in the franchises (overall pretty crappy) history. As Mayor Lenny once put it:

https://www.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/2ca9b94b-f5fd-4328-971f-811a8febf1d4

I get being more positive but there's nothing this org is doing to attempt to get better. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Maybe I'm just missing it, which is possible, but I don't see those persistent optimists injecting themselves into discussions about other team areas/players, derailing that discussion as an opportunity to bring up their optimism regarding Wilson.

Or anyway if there's even  an isolated exception post it's just that; it's hardly been the norm like in the other direction.

Also it's his site ;).

I agree, you are missing it. There are a group of posters that will literally  defend anything Zach does wrong. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, undertow said:

There's just as many people if not more having tantrums over legit criticism of the QB and have been having tantrums over legit criticism of the GM since the summer.  From what I see that cultish like behavior seems to be more of a problem.  I think people just wanna sit around and have a circle jerk about how great things are. loll

Wow.  Thats it, just wow.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

We all know I am not a whiner who begs for the flag on every play, but where was  this administrative intervention when myself and @SAR I were trying to stay optimistic about the Holy Martyr Adam Gase? Huh? We were pilloried, but no one from management came to our defense! Is it becaise, like Zach, Wilson supporters are cushy.soft beta males who need to be shielded from fair competition whereas Objective chroniclers of The Gase Era are tough, hardcore self-sufficient adults? 

It's because Gase did suck. Not sure Saleh is any better. 

59 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Sorry for your loss brother. May your Dad RIP. Thanks for sharing 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

So what I read is “if you don’t have anything nice to say then don’t say anything at all” is this correct?  if that’s the case then this board would have roughly 3 posts a day. Not my fault Zach wilson is garbage. I’m just pointing it out

Glad to see you know who you are in all this.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

We all know I am not a whiner who begs for the flag on every play, but where was  this administrative intervention when myself and @SAR I were trying to stay optimistic about the Holy Martyr Adam Gase? Huh? We were pilloried, but no one from management came to our defense! Is it becaise, like Zach, Wilson supporters are cushy.soft beta males who need to be shielded from fair competition whereas Objective chroniclers of The Gase Era are tough, hardcore self-sufficient adults? 

If you delete all of the pseudo-intylectyal toxic-masculynity from this post:

I am a whiner who begs for cushy.soft beta males

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

Sorry to hear about your Dad CB.  I know the feeling all too well.  As MM said, hope that the time you spent taking care of him gives you a small bit of solace.   I always wish I had more time with my father.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

Perhaps there should be a thread started by Kevin that is labeled "Everything that sucks about Zach Wilson," and there should be a thread started by Tom Shane labeled "Everything that is hopeful about Zach Wilson."  People should migrate according to their beliefs and then NEVER enter the other for obvious reasons.

My work here is done.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Not to change the subject, but I have no one to thank, I mean blame for me being a jet fan but myself. What an idiot. And it’s compounded by going Mets over Yankees, at least I have ummm the rangers, I think 

Jets, Mets, Knicks, Islands.

❤️ you daddy!

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, CanadaSteve said:

Perhaps there should be a thread started by Kevin that is labeled "Everything that sucks about Zach Wilson," and there should be a thread started by Tom Shane labeled "Everything that is hopeful about Zach Wilson."  People should migrate according to their beliefs and then NEVER enter the other for obvious reasons.

My work here is done.

That or perhaps dumb people should learn to communicate succinctly and effectively, so they don't feel the need to "be the loudest person in the room" in order to make their point.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, slats said:

It’s this simple. It’s referred to as spamming, and it’s the top item for me to click on when applying the ban hammer. There are different topics posted on the board. Not every one of them needs the usual suspects tangentially interjecting, “Zach Wilson is the worst QB in the league,” or, “JD can’t draft,” etc. I’m sure there’s a thread for those thoughts at any given time; probably a half dozen of them. Place your repetitive thoughts in those. 

Please tell me the list of canned ban reasons is as follows:

1. Spamming
  2. Ape
  3. Profanity
  4. Won't send @Maxman nude pics
  5. Vegan
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

It is ironic that those who head the list of offenders align themselves in a thread like this claiming its the other side that violates some law of fandom by looking a little deeper than he/they suck.  

Find a different thread to blow your stack in, Alannis.

• Haha 2