We know they are bad, but stop beating each other over the head

Maxman

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Really? That’s what you got from that? Honestly it’s an odd response from you because I didn’t really think of you as someone who has been constantly just crushing the subject. You always add a positive caveat about hoping it gets better even if you don’t believe it will. You have always been a guy that tends to want to “see it” rather than “ hear it” from this team. I don’t honestly see how this relates to you. 

Maybe he is posting on principle and not self-interest.

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

You just brought up "Zach haters" unprompted in the thread about path to Jets getting the #1 pick. Like I said, luckily for you the judge on what is derailing is on your side. 

I did? Unprompted? Me?  

Luckily the judges are sane

8 hours ago, undertow said:

There's just as many people if not more having tantrums over legit criticism of the QB and have been having tantrums over legit criticism of the GM since the summer.  From what I see that cultish like behavior seems to be more of a problem.  I think people just wanna sit around and have a circle jerk about how great things are. loll

Give examples of legit criticism followed by tantrums. "Zach Wilson sucks, and is a wasted draft pick" is not a legit criticism. 

5 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Give examples of legit criticism followed by tantrums. "Zach Wilson sucks, and is a wasted draft pick" is not a legit criticism. 

What a neat way you've summarized the mountains of data, analysis, league history, projections, etc. that have been raised and -- obviously for Max's tastes -- posted all too frequently.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

You just brought up "Zach haters" unprompted in the thread about path to Jets getting the #1 pick. Like I said, luckily for you the judge on what is derailing is on your side. 

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

90% (likely more, being conservative) of my posts are in response to someone else bringing up Zach. Don't make me do a data analysis.

I know. It’s what you do. Like all you do. Constantly. Incessantly. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

I know. It’s what you do. Like all you do. Constantly. Incessantly. 

All I do. Number one, that's false. Number two, I would expect those with a minority opinion to be the most visible. If you add up all the positive posts with the negative, the positive greatly outnumber. It's just that the negative are concentrated among the few who are brave enough to be contrarians.

1 minute ago, slats said:

Please take care of that data analysis and report back. Show your work. 

Twice in a month. Lucky me.

And I don't accept homework assignments on the internet. If you want to assert something, accept the burden and prove it.

• Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

What a neat way you've summarized the mountains of data, analysis, league history, projections, etc. that have been raised and -- obviously for Max's tastes -- posted all too frequently.

Um, ok. Now give examples of legitimate criticism of Zach Wilson followed by a "tantrum."

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

Maybe he is posting on principle and not self-interest.

Yes principle. Love that. I can’t be wrong because I’m doing this on principle. Well good for you Johnny. You fight the good fight against Jet fans holding a modicum of hope for our hapless rookie QB. Proud of you! 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yes principle. Love that. I can’t be wrong because I’m doing this on principle. Well good for you Johnny. You fight the good fight against Jet fans holding a modicum of hope for our hapless rookie QB. Proud of you! 

Didn't say he was right or wrong or anything in between. Just that people don't need to have a personal stake in something to stand up for it.

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

All I do. Number one, that's false. Number two, I would expect those with a minority opinion to be the most visible. If you add up all the positive posts with the negative, the positive greatly outnumber. It's just that the negative are concentrated among the few who are brave enough to be contrarians.

You are the bravest of the brave! 

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

What Max wrote can, and in the minds of some posters I could name right off, does apply directly to a poster like me.

I'm not going to argue with Max or his Mods. Especially you, old friend.  I have nothing but love for you all, especially you and Phil.  Not during the Holidays and probably (on this topic) not ever.

His site, his rules.  I will endeavor to obey.  But I have no doubt this new rule will hit me directly at some point.

And respectfully, that's my last word on it, I'm opting out of this discussion.  

Ok. That’s fair and a reasonable path. My only point is you in all your posting tend to be reasonable and very thought out. Even if it’s something I don’t agree with it I get something from your point you make and respect it. Love you brother and Happy holidays. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you so much Captain!

Tellingly my father whom I had been taken care of during his ongoing battle with memory loss passed last week and he was the one who made me into a Jets fan. 

His motto was simple, “life will not go your way most of the time and it is up to you to decide to make whatever path you take a path of courage and caring, so stay strong!”

Hence I will never give up on the Jets because my father never gave up on me!

Stay Strong fellow Jets fans…

Stay Strong!! :) 

Very sorry @Charlie Brown. I lost my Dad last year. Be well and good thoughts for Christmas and New Years.

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

What Max wrote can, and in the minds of some posters I could name right off, does apply directly to a poster like me.

I'm not going to argue with Max or his Mods. Especially you, old friend.  I have nothing but love for you all, especially you and Phil.  Not during the Holidays and probably (on this topic) not ever.

His site, his rules.  I will endeavor to obey.  But I have no doubt this new rule will hit me directly at some point.

And respectfully, that's my last word on it, I'm opting out of this discussion.  

Max is talking specifically about the people who feel the need to take a Zach/JD/Saleh sucks dump in every thread, regardless of the topic. This is not any new rule, but there’s no reason to think this announcement will hit you directly, either. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Whether it was arguing with your pals and others in bars or at work before the internet days, the heated discussion is just a part of being a fan of this team.    The only thing that ever bothers me is when some folks call you less of a fan for deriding a player, GM or coach, as well as the team in general.   

You just saved me the trouble of posting the exact same thing Munch.

You and I grew up in a different era. I’ll just say I’m surprised to see a thread like this on a site where grown men gather to talk football and leave it at that.

As someone said earlier this is Max’s site, and if he feels people are going too far, that’s all that matters.

@Charlie Brown my heart goes out to you. There is never a good time for a son to lose his dad, but to have it happen this time of year makes it even worse. Take solace in the fact you were a good son, and trust me, you’ll eventually get the feeling he’s up there looking out for you. It’s not the same as having him around, but hopefully you’ll get comfort from that and the fond memories you have.

• Sympathy 2

so sorry @Charlie Brown. I hate that it was at this time of year for you and yours. Words can be hollow comfort sometimes, but I hope the calm and patient manner you've always displayed here (and for which I've admired and appreciate you for) is equally present with your loss. Take care of yourself, and I hope precious memories can fill your heart and head. Peace. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I like the part were the people that constantly and incessantly attack Zach in about every thread feel like they are being unfairly treated by @Maxman making this thread. Yet, the one poster who constantly and  incessantly praised Zach was literally banned from the site! He gets banned you guys get a thread about toning it down. Haha Attica! Attica! 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I like the part were the people that constantly and incessantly attack Zach in about every thread feel like they are being unfairly treated by @Maxman making this thread. Yet, the one poster who constantly and  incessantly praised Zach was literally banned from the site! He gets banned you guys get a thread about toning it down. Haha Attica! Attica! 

we should start more #freemims threads amirite? 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

one in particular decides to spray diarrhea all over the thread, and worse he sprays that same diarrhea all over any thread that he can to get the topic back to ZW as the worst QB who has ever lived. There are a few that do this, and it's making the boards unreadable. I blocked the worst of them, but others aren't far behind.

Ouch.  Even it he doesn't listen to Max, I hope he takes this to heart.