We know they are bad, but stop beating each other over the head

Maxman

12 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I know there's a thing as "constructive criticism" but is there really such a thing as "positive criticism"? 

I've been given some positive criticism in bed. Not really, but this is what I wish was said. "Your penis is so beautiful, but it is way too big for me. I couldn't deal with having so many orgasms in one night."

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

ZW is a symptom.  

Allow me to state, once again.

It all starts at the top.

The owner/acting owner makes a big mistake.  One that we *all saw coming* and hires Gase.  

That glaring mistake leads to another mistake.

Gase hires Joe Douglas.  Results demonstrate that a second mistake followed the original mistake.  Douglas has been an absolute disaster.  By now, any competent GM would have had a large part of the roster filled out.  What we see now, is a roster that is made up of players that would be second string talent on most rosters and in some cases, practice squad guys.  

And, that second mistake leads to another mistake.  Douglas hires Saleh.  And once again, the results define the quality.

Saleh is out of his depth and it really, really shows.

So... If the OP objected to fans obsessing about Wilson... Well.... I agree.  If you want to point the finger in the right direction.... Keep looking up.   All the way up.

And therein, is the problem.

When the decisions made at the very top are bad, everything from there on down will be faulty.

This is not accurate. Gase suggested JD. He was fully researched. He EARNED the GM position.  Gase was responsible for getting rid of Macc - that was his claim to fame in Jets lore.  JD was mentored by Ozzie and also was VP of  player personnel in the Eagles roster which culminated in a SB win. So this is a strange post in a thread where the owner of Jets nation ASKS posters to CHILL the EFF out.  Douglas has had some miss and swings. No Doubt. But he's also made some great moves: Moore, AVT, The Jamaal trade***, Fant, The Carters and etc. But of course it all hinges on the selection of Zach and his development. So that will unfold as we move forward.  Zach was the #2 QB in the draft and that was the consenus among NFL teams.  It was a no brainer to dump Darnold and draft Zach.  Just keep moving foward. Next years draft should be legendary.  There is a boatload of talent in DL, LB's, OL, TE's.  With numerous picks and cash to spend, this team will look very different next year. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Blocking doesn't work when there is a cadre of AZMers who just quote and re-quote and quote re-quotes and when it's the same 7-8 dudes saying the same things (under the guise of truth, being "right", winning the internet, mountains of evidence and...lol...bravery) that Max has twice asked politely to tone down, it becomes geometric.  And still there is pushback.  

Blocking has made the board so much more tolerable. I'll occasionally see the verbal diarrhea from a quote, but I'll gloss over it once I see who was quoted. 

11 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I know there's a thing as "constructive criticism" but is there really such a thing as "positive criticism"? 

Reminds me of one of my graduate finance professor's quote--way back in 1983 and I've never forgotten it.

He said there is no such thing as brutal honesty--there is brutality and there is honesty, no need to include brutality with honesty.  

3 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

spot on, I have been saying for years we spend so much time arguing about Rex, Mangini, Sanchez, Idzik, Gase, Darnold, ZW, etc. and at the end of the day nothing ever changes because a fish stinks from the head down. Problem is, you can't fire the owner, but until the owner changes his ways, nothing will change barring an accident

We are in full agreement, here.  And even if the current owner sells the team, it is far from a guarantee that the new owner will be able to build an organization that produces a football team that wins with regularity on the field and competes for playing time in January. 

The two first round picks that the Jets have next year *still* don't signify much that will go towards what fans want to see.

And, no... I'm not a troll that insists that we all divest and stop watching.   

There will always be some individual performances to enjoy and a few exciting plays here and there.  If you watch the games at home or listen on the radio, just do something else along with watching/listening to the game. What ever your other interests are.  Needlepoint or painting or working around the house or whatever.  Don't make it all about the game.   Less painful and you wont have three wasted hours behind you. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

This is not accurate. Gase suggested JD. He was fully researched. He EARNED the GM position.  Gase was responsible for getting rid of Macc - that was his claim to fame in Jets lore.  JD was mentored by Ozzie and also was VP of  player personnel in the Eagles roster which culminated in a SB win. So this is a strange post in a thread where the owner of Jets nation ASKS posters to CHILL the EFF out.  Douglas has had some miss and swings. No Doubt. But he's also made some great moves: Moore, AVT, The Jamaal trade***, Fant, The Carters and etc. But of course it all hinges on the selection of Zach and his development. So that will unfold as we move forward.  Zach was the #2 QB in the draft and that was the consenus among NFL teams.  It was a no brainer to dump Darnold and draft Zach.  Just keep moving foward. Next years draft should be legendary.  There is a boatload of talent in DL, LB's, OL, TE's.  With numerous picks and cash to spend, this team will look very different next year. 

Yeah, I'm not getting where he gets that Gase hired anyone or that JD has been an absolute disaster.  Every GM makes bad picks, it happens to the best of them.  JD has been here for two drafts, the second was a vast improvement over his first.  We're calling that a disaster?  That learning from his mistakes of his first draft is a bad thing?  

Oh yeah, he hasnt fielded a contender in two drafts to a stripped down team, what a disaster, what was it any competent GM would have done so

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I had a stupid post about Tom Brady being a goon the other night locked because it was derailed by Wilson hate. 

The threat is real.

Any time a Jets fan starts saying anything negative about another team, the same posters that spam negativity here get on them for hating another team and not their own. That’s how ridiculous things get around here lately. 

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

Reminds me of one of my graduate finance professor's quote--way back in 1983 and I've never forgotten it.

He said there is no such thing as brutal honesty--there is brutality and there is honesty, no need to include brutality with honesty.  

Honesty - We are not a good match. I do not have feelings for you, and my heart is just not in this.

Straight talk honesty - We are not a good match. I do not trust your life choices, and you have anger issues that I will not tolerate. You do not fill my intimacy needs. 

Brutal honesty - We are not a good match. You are not a good match for anyone. You are a degenerate gambler, and you are a total a-hole when you lose, which is every week. You are horrible in bed and your balls stink. You spend too much time on JetNation, and that gif of Oprah that you post is not funny. Stop defending JD and Robert Saleh. Last thing, you are a moron if you want to draft Hamilton. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I've been given some positive criticism in bed. Not really, but this is what I wish was said. "Your penis is so beautiful, but it is way too big for me. I couldn't deal with having so many orgasms in one night."

Nice! I always get ,”hurry up you fat bastard, you are  crushing me!” Do to my size. 

• Haha 2

Just now, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Honesty - We are not a good match. I do not have feelings for you, and my heart is just not in this.

Straight talk honesty - We are not a good match. I do not trust your life choices, and you have anger issues that I will not tolerate. You do not fill my intimacy needs. 

Brutal honesty - We are not a good match. You are not a good match for anyone. You are a degenerate gambler, and you are a total a-hole when you lose, which is every week. You are horrible in bed and your balls stink. You spend too much time on JetNation, and that gif of Oprah that you post is not funny. Stop defending JD and Robert Saleh. Last thing, you are a moron if you want to draft Hamilton. 

Mistress-wife-exwife

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

The balls part must have been really hurtful. ?

1 minute ago, Maynard13 said:

aHHHH poor baby. I see your feelings are still hurt. Coochie coochie koo

I don’t think you’re getting the gist of @Maxman’s request today.

@The Crusher @Lith are victory laps like this going to be allowed?
I didn’t read the OP as only one “side” being asked to stop bashing each other over the head.

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Blocking doesn't work when there is a cadre of AZMers who just quote and re-quote and quote re-quotes and when it's the same 7-8 dudes saying the same things (under the guise of truth, being "right", winning the internet, mountains of evidence and...lol...bravery) that Max has twice asked politely to tone down, it becomes geometric.  And still there is pushback.  

Just for clarification are you using "cadre" to describe a group working in unison to undermine the very fabric of JN society, truth, justice and the American way of life or a couple of random posters expressing an opinion that is contrary to your views?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I didn’t read the OP as only one “side” being asked to stop bashing each other over the head.

We would obviously prefer they wouldn’t be. We were kinda hoping people could act like adults and respect one another. It’s an uphill battle fir sure, 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, I'm not getting where he gets that Gase hired anyone or that JD has been an absolute disaster.  Every GM makes bad picks, it happens to the best of them.  JD has been here for two drafts, the second was a vast improvement over his first.  We're calling that a disaster?  Oh yeah, he hasnt fielded a contender in two drafts to a stripped down team

Exactly. And next year the team will continue to be gutted.  Next year is the turn around year. I see a lot of progress to be made in 2022. And thats not in W/L record so much but in quality of play, talent and competitiveness.  The blame game needs to be toned down until next year and we can get a better assessment of JD and Saleh.  It seemed Macc was given a LONG LONG leash on this site until the inevitable of cutting him loose.  JD needs time. Next year and then we shall see.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

We would obviously prefer they wouldn’t be. We were kinda hoping people could act like adults and respect one another. It’s an uphill battle fir sure, 

As a Method actor acting like an adult has always been extremely hard.  The inner motivation never seemed geniune. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Yeah that was my point to begin with... there's just as many lunatics defending Zach who are way too emotional over legit criticism and I actually did read that one "side" was the problem.  It is what it is there's a segment of the fanbase that's choosing to be overly positive of a team that's won 6 games over two years and hasn't made the playoffs in 11 years as a self defense mechanism I think.  

13 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Exactly. And next year the team will continue to be gutted.  Next year is the turn around year. I see a lot of progress to be made in 2022. And thats not in W/L record so much but in quality of play, talent and competitiveness.  The blame game needs to be toned down until next year and we can get a better assessment of JD and Saleh.  It seemed Macc was given a LONG LONG leash on this site until the inevitable of cutting him loose.  JD needs time. Next year and then we shall see.

I agree that some will be part of that gutting but a big part of the strip down and then rebuild through the draft with youngsters manning positions is some will slide right in a start, hopefully fulfilling their promise, like AVT, Wilson, Moore, Carter, Hall etc and a larger majority that came through the draft being the basis for a solid and quality 2nd unit adding depth to the roster

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Just for clarification are you using "cadre" to describe a group working in unison to undermine the very fabric of JN society, truth, justice and the American way of life or a couple of random posters expressing an opinion that is contrary to your views?

Thank you Captain Literal Man. 

I have never been opposed to opinions contrary to mine.

I'm opposed to the constant incessant repeated unending interminable tedious ad nauseum polluting of the board by the same random posters that Max has politely asked tone it down.

That's a BIG ask for the AZM cadre.  We get it.  

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, undertow said:

Yeah that was my point to begin with... there's just as many lunatics defending Zach who are way too emotional over legit criticism and I actually did read that one "side" was the problem.  It is what it is there's a segment of the fanbase that's choosing to be overly positive of a team that's won 6 games over two years and hasn't made the playoffs in 11 years as a self defense mechanism I think.  

Youre right, the majority does defend the draft pick with less than a seasons worth of games to his credit, as they should.  That you chose to call those of us who are willing to play wait and see, to want to give the kid more than a few games "lunatics" seems to make you kind of the emotional one here.    

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1