I'm warming up to Hamilton. Did someone say he might move to LB?

HighPitch

cant believe were still talking about this guy. we already did this right?

had Adams and we didnt want to pay him.

had Maye and we didnt want to pay him

JD knows that you dont pay a safety big money. cause it would leave us less money to resign a QB, LT, WR, RB, EDGE,. 

i doubt JD does this when he could just resign Maye and draft another position.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

These are both such compelling arguments to me.   The one thing I'd say to Peace Frog is that, if Hamilton is really good, we could trade him the same way we traded Jamal.  Otoh, how does 2 years of Hamilton followed by trading him improve the team's chance to win a SB?  Maybe if we get the same type of package we got for Jamal  

Yeah, we have to get off this treadmill.

I don't to use a number 4 pick with any thought that I'm trading him in 4 years.  I want my number 4 pick as a cornerstone player that I'm going to want to pay in 4 years. 

And that player is not a safety.

• Post of the Week 2

22 minutes ago, doitny said:

JD knows that you dont pay a safety big money. cause it would leave us less money to resign a QB, LT, WR, RB, EDGE,. 

Exactly. In 4 years when we'd need to extend him we're going to be paying all our 3 year FAs from this year and all our draft picks from 2021.

Not the way to allocate cp space. 

• Upvote 1

Listen, in almost every year I’d say yes it’s absolutely ridiculous to take a safety at pick 4. Heck, if the talent from last years draft was in this years his name wouldn’t even be mentioned as a possibility. However the fact that this draft is such trash and on top of that our defense was one of the worst of all time makes Hamilton a compelling option. Should be interesting to see what happens!

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Youre the same guy that smugly battled me about a gimmicky air raid qb known as patrick mahomes.

how did that turn out genius??

1. It’s beyond hysterical that you think Mahomes would be Mahomes here.

2. My past misses have absolutely nothing to do with the present, but by all means, be pissy that most people think taking another Safety in the top of the draft is a stupid move after the last time we did it, it turned out to be a stupid move.  I’m sure you have some gems in your post history Mr. Draft guru.

4 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Listen, in almost every year I’d say yes it’s absolutely ridiculous to take a safety at pick 4. Heck, if the talent from last years draft was in this years his name wouldn’t even be mentioned as a possibility. However the fact that this draft is such trash and on top of that our defense was one of the worst of all time makes Hamilton a compelling option. Should be interesting to see what happens!

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

And for everyone who keeps saying don’t take a safety at 4 then give an alternative. Who the heck else is even an option?!!! Seems like the stars are aligning for Hamilton to be the pick

You don’t take an unimportant position in the top 5 because he’s the best talent.  That’s how you end up with Leonard Williams, Jamal Adams, Saquon Barkley, Quinnen Williams, etc.

Trade down, take a gamble on a premium position, literally anything other than taking a friggin’ Safety at 4th overall.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Funny thing is....you were actually one of the voices saying that sh*t about Jamal.  The internet *never* forgets :)

Absolutely lmao, and I learned the hard way.  Fool me once, yada, yada, yada hahaha

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

You don’t take an unimportant position in the top 5 because he’s the best talent.  That’s how you end up with Leonard Williams, Jamal Adams, Saquon Barkley, Quinnen Williams, etc.

Trade down, take a gamble on a premium position, literally anything other than taking a friggin’ Safety at 4th overall.

Nobody is trading up bro get that out of your head. If the Jets like Karlaftis then yes by all means take him. But if they dont? Then who’s the pick 

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

Nobody is trading up bro get that out of your head. If the Jets like Karlaftis then yes by all means take him. But if they dont? Then who’s the pick 

It’s January; you have no idea what will happen in January.

Go WR.  Getting Zach another weapon is infinitely more important than drafting a Safety.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

And for everyone who keeps saying don’t take a safety at 4 then give an alternative. Who the heck else is even an option?!!! Seems like the stars are aligning for Hamilton to be the pick

I am open minded to just about anyone Douglas and Saleh feel confident in. I do not buy into the idea that this year's talent is far less than last years. Each mock draft I read has multiple Qbs going in the top15. I see a few that even have Pickett from #2-#5. I think there is a strong possibility to trade out of #4. Douglas has a pretty good track record of finding teams to trade with. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

I am open minded to just about anyone Douglas and Saleh feel confident in. I do not buy into the idea that this year's talent is far less than last years. Each mock draft I read has multiple Qbs going in the top15. I see a few that even have Pickett from #2-#5. I think there is a strong possibility to trade out of #4. Douglas has a pretty good track record of finding teams to trade with. 

There’s a 0% possibility he’s trading out of pick 4 because nobody is giving away any assets to trade up in this draft 

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Go WR.  Getting Zach another weapon is infinitely more important than drafting a Safety.

I have to agree. Nobody's going to trade up in the early stages of this years 1st round.  There's just no stand out players.

Of course the combine and work outs might flush out one or two outliers but there's 3 other teams above us that probably want to trade down as well.

8 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

There’s a 0% possibility he’s trading out of pick 4 because nobody is giving away any assets to trade up in this draft 

Really? Ok. But I can think of a few scenarios with the Giants, Panthers, Broncos, Washington, and Pittsburgh. All it takes is for one to fall in love with Pickett (mocked as high as #2 to the Lions) or Corral (mocked as high as #9). The notion that they are being mocked this high in January is a good sign. We still havent began Hype season that comes after the senior bowl, combine and general chatter. I think there is a decent chance 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

They will pay them if the players end up being legit all pros.

Also they did pay Marcus Maye, when you are franchised and you are not a great player you are' getting paid.'

15 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

exactly!!!!

at 4 and 10 you guys are telling me there is nobody better to pick than i safety and a center?

common guys.

• Upvote 1

At this very time last year Zach Wilson wasn’t even considered as a top 10 pick. We took him at 2, and as prospects go year to year Zach was nothing exceptional at all. There will be at least one, probably more, that get artificially inflated and bumped into the top 10 and one likely even top 5. It’s a league of desperation when it comes to the QB position.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Snell41 said:

At this very time last year Zach Wilson wasn’t even considered as a top 10 pick. We took him at 2, and as prospects go year to year Zach was nothing exceptional at all. There will be at least one, probably more, that get artificially inflated and bumped into the top 10 and one likely even top 5. It’s a league of desperation when it comes to the QB position.

I agree with the overarching point, but the bolded is absolutely untrue.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

My sentiments exactly and I feel there are even more teams that a ready for a change at Qb than last season. Off the top of my head Giants, Panthers, Broncos, Washington, and Pittsburgh. Am I missing anyone? Good chance someone wants to move up to 4 or 10 to get there guy. I have much confidence in Douglas when it comes to finding a draft partner. He's seems to be prepared in that department more than Jets GMs of the past

• Upvote 1

On 1/19/2022 at 10:40 AM, JiFapono said:

It's very early, the season isnt even over yet so there stands a lot to change between now and the draft.  I could see Kenny Pickett shooting up draft boards, if Matt Corral injury checks out, him too, so it's very hard to predict how the next 3 months play out especially before Free Agency starts.  That said, IMO there are at least 5 players worthy of the 4th overall pick as it stands today that all play premium positions that I would absolutely prioritize over safety: Thibs, Hutch, Neal, (maybe Ojabo), Ekwono and/or Andrew Booth/Derek Stingley - all top 10, all premium, all maximize value of the pick.

You also have to remember; they have 2 picks in the top of the 2nd.  Guys like Lewis Cine and Jaquan Brisker could be had, and I dont see them a huge fall off from Hamilton.

4 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Oh and my real doozy for this thread that might make heads explode;

I'd take Demarvin Leal over Kyle Hamilton.

37 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Here I am giving multiple options that I'd prioritize over a box safety/hybrid LB'er.

Was really thinking mentioning Leal would make heads explode but just people making fun of his name instead.

11 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

I'd love to hear someone's case as for why Zach Wilson is/was a better prospect than Kenny Pickett. 

My sentiments exactly and I feel there are even more teams that a ready for a change at Qb than last season. Off the top of my head Giants, Panthers, Broncos, Washington, and Pittsburgh. Am I missing anyone? Good chance someone wants to move up to 4 or 10 to get there guy. I have much confidence in Douglas when it comes to finding a draft partner. He's seems to be prepared in that department more than Jets GMs of the past

My only concern is there won’t be a QB that a team will give up a massive haul to move up for. It has to be a team that’s close to us already and just wants to move up a couple spots. But there will definitely be a QB prospect taken top 5 that will either be in play for us to trade out or push a prospect down for us.