How should JD go about acquiring a WR?

Rhg1084

7 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Do not trade any draft capital.

Free agent and draft.  

This, but I think people are over-estimating the WRs that fit this system.  There are only a few of them, and ML will have it figured out.  

That WR is likely not the pick at 4 or 10, but could be later than that if we trade down.

Our pick 2B is likely the only shot at Trey McBride.  

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

Only problem is Zach needs an established guy, this is a huge year for him. The free agent market is very iffy and these rookies aren’t anything special. The Jets have so much draft capital it might be worth bringing in an established star like Armari or Ridley 

Hahahaaaaa.  A malcontent/"mental health" dude who quit and a dude that JJ is pissed about his contract and lack of relative production.

Cooper is one of those last piece of the puzzle guys that a contender will gamble on.  By the time we're good he's going to be toast.  

Yeah, let's throw draft capital at them.  

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Which is the most preferable choice:

Trade a 2 for Ridley

Trade pick 10 for DK

Trade maybe a 3 or 4 for Amari (take on contract)

Free agency (Mike Williams, Allen Robinson, Godwin, Gallup)

Draft (Wilson, Burks, Olave, Williams) 

#10 for devante adams straight up.

Thank you Joe Douglas, thank you!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

TRADE! Go into the draft with as little needs as possible. Do not bother drafting a WR in round 1 this year

Agreed, I feel like trading for an established WR is the best move in this scenario. The free agent market stinks, and don’t want to be drafting a WR this year 

• Upvote 3

Go get Davante Adams for Zach Wilson. He goes to play for Matt's Lafleur's brother Mike, then Zach Wilson becomes a young Aaron Rodgers. 

Note: Keep the draft picks for more salary-cap friendly home-grown players. We reset the window of time we don't have to pay QB1 money by drafting Zach Wilson last year. Give that money to Davante Adams. Go all in on Zach Wilson. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

27 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Which is the most preferable choice:

Trade a 2 for Ridley

Trade pick 10 for DK

Trade maybe a 3 or 4 for Amari (take on contract)

Free agency (Mike Williams, Allen Robinson, Godwin, Gallup)

Draft (Wilson, Burks, Olave, Williams) 

Only trade I consider is DK but not really a fan of 10 outright for him. That is not a slam dunk trade and his personality might not be optimal for this team at this point. Want nothing to do with Cooper, way too much opportunity cost.

Ridley is a hard no. Not sure why people are obsessed with this. Did people not learn from Antonio Brown and others like him?

FA WRs seem like they will be overpriced but I could see Godwin. No to the others.

Personally I am drafting at least 2 WRS in this draft. I take the Top one on our board at 10 and then if we can get Jameson later with our second or moving up I do that as well. This team desperately needs 2 WR and 2 TE if we want Zach to be successful. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Hunt down Davante Adams' agent in a dark alley and let him know the Jets are prepared to pay him $35mm/year if he goes to FA.

This! It’s the time to get a real honest to goodness #1, no matter what it takes! No shortcuts this time. 100% agree with Cocky B here. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I mean isn't it intuitive to just sign Allen Robinson? 

He's an uninjured free agent who is very very good despite playing with a litany of horrible QB's.

Ridley will cost draft capital and has mental health issues.

Cooper will cost draft capital and is overpaid.

Godwin is hurt.

Drafting a kid takes up draft capital that could be used on positions where there are no good FA's, like OT or Edge.

I like this.  JD cannot have any busted draft picks.  No one begrudging JD his attempts at Corey Davis, Carl Lawson or Jarred Davis.  People are complaining about his draft picks.  Be the high bidder on Allen Robinson and draft players who are the BPAs for their slot. 

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I mean isn't it intuitive to just sign Allen Robinson? 

He's an uninjured free agent who is very very good despite playing with a litany of horrible QB's.

Ridley will cost draft capital and has mental health issues.

Cooper will cost draft capital and is overpaid.

Godwin is hurt.

Drafting a kid takes up draft capital that could be used on positions where there are no good FA's, like OT or Edge.

I’m down for ARob for sure. 

sort of doubt he comes here, but sign me up 

• Upvote 1

Sign two tight ends (Schultz and Everett?), a wr (Mike Williams?), resign Berrios and draft a wr in the first or 2nd round (Wilson?) and a tight end in the 4th or 5th (Ferguson?).  A trade of Denzel Mims for Jalen Reagor could make sense too.

Wr depth chart

Davis, Williams, Moore, Berrios, Wilson, Reagor

Te depth chart

Schultz, Everett, Ferguson, Wesco

Looks good to me.