Big Ben Announces Retirement

Lith

14 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Here is a fun question for you, I'd love to hear your answer:

Where is Harvey Weinstein located right now while the NFL is getting measurements for Big Ben's gold jacket?

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Jesus. 

Yes... THATS what I typed ?

You said Hollywood would never tolerate it. Not only HAVE they tolerated it, they have actively covered it up way more than the NFL could ever hope to dream. 

Hollywood has been notoriously rampant with sexual assault since the lights when on in Tinsel town man. 

And recently, Hollywood has taken some ownership and with that, I'll ask you the same question as Warfish.  The answer is fun for this exercise. 

35 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'm not commenting on this specific situation. I used a different situation as an example for that purpose. The NFL doesn't care about actual guilt. They will punish a player for putting themselves in the position to be perceived as guilty.  I'm just pointing out the NFL has said that players simply being putting themselves in a position to be guilty and paying off the accuser(s) won't necessarily save them from suspension. 

(I think he's guilty as hell and the NFL personnel thought he was guilty)

Who got a 4-6 game suspension for doing nothing? I accept that I don't have all of them memorized.

10 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I am not in a black and white world. The reality is that the NFL by their own agreement with the NFLPA has agreed that the burden of proof in personal conduct situations is NOT guilty, but "more LIKELY than not" to have committed the crime. 

And the Watson situation is NOT a he said/she said situation. That would be true in a one off situation. But it's not. It is 22 separate women accusing of him formally, and several others that have corroborated the accounts that are not seeking anything or filing a lawsuit.

Watson has access to free massages whenever he wants them, yet has admitted he seeks out Instagram massage girls and says any sexual activity was " consensual"

If you want to tell them that it is more likely that all of the accusers are fabricating a story (because it happens a LOT more than I think) than the evidence pointing to a clearly identifiable pattern than you are just being willfully obtuse.

There is no question that his behavior falls easily into the more likely than not category. And also any settlement should be viewed by the NFL as admission of guilt.

Wtf are you ranting about? Are you even reading anything I'm typing? 

YOU brought Watson up. I didnt say a single god damn thing about his situation. I didnt insinuate anything about his situation bring similar either. 

Watson's clearly in the wrong. I've maintained that dozens of times on other threads, so there is zero reason to even discuss that one. 

Please. Breathe. And go re-read everything I posted in this thread after you collect your thoughts and get back to me. 

4 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

And recently, Hollywood has taken some ownership and with that, I'll ask you the same question as Warfish.  The answer is fun for this exercise. 

Harvey Weinstein went to jail after literally decades of serially raping hundreds of actresses. It was so commonly known out in the open what he was doing, it was a running joke in the community, and Hollywood elites didnt do a single thing. He ONLY went to jail when it was finally recorded and people couldnt cover it up anymore. 

On TOP of Weinstein, pedophilia in Hollywood has been viciously rampant since Judy Garland got used at discretion by studio execs and Alfred Hitchcock was raping starlets movie by movie. 

Hollywood had ZERO to do with fixing their issues. They were rightfully taken to task by the #metoo movement. 

Ben Rothlisburger was accused by 3 women and the details were not nearly as crystal clear. How often do you hear about the NFL running into any situations of that level? Basically once or twice a decade. 

GTFO here trying to paint this like Hollywood is some bastion of ethics over the NFL.

That sh*t is laughable. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Nothing like being right at the expense of context and facts eh?

Well, the facts are fact as you answered the question, but I hear your context.  Big Ben only raped 3 women over 1 decade and he settled out of court, so no it's no big deal because Harvey Weinstein raped lots of women over multiple decades and was found guilty.

11 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Well, the facts are fact as you answered the question, but I hear your context.  Big Ben only raped 3 women over 1 decade and he settled out of court, so no it's no big deal because Harvey Weinstein raped lots of women over multiple decades and was found guilty.

Again. Congrats on making sure MY words fit YOUR narrative lol. 

You're the one pointing to Hollywood as some prime example of leadership on sexual predators. 

I called BS. 

You looked like a fool.

Hang up the participation medal with your collection. 

3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Again. Congrats on making sure MY words fit YOUR narrative lol. 

You're the one pointing to Hollywood as some prime example of leadership on sexual predators. 

I called BS. 

You looked like a fool.

Hang up the participation medal with your collection. 

You know, this is fair.  Warfish said something about this "a business" and I did use this an example and by no means do I think they're not guilty of terrible transgressions but we're starting to see a change in their industry while we celebrate this piece of sh*t's career.  

That said, your context is still disgusting.

3 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

You know, this is fair.  Warfish said something about this "a business" and I did use this an example and by no means do I think they're not guilty of terrible transgressions but we're starting to see a change in their industry while we celebrate this piece of sh*t's career.  

That said, your context is still disgusting.

There nothing disgusting, I'm just telling you things you prefer not to hear. 

Your insinuation is that Hollywood is "turning a corner" and the NFL isnt. That's your opinion and your entitled to it, but there is nothing actually indicating that's happening. They just conveniently brushed everything else aside and decided to act like Weinstein marked the end to that era. 

The NFL at the very least continually gets involved in every incident that happens for better or worse, while you rarely see people in Hollywood taken to task. Weinstein being an extreme outlier. 

If they actually cared, Hitchcocks footprint would be scrubbed from every aspect of Los Angeles known to man. 

You also keep pointing to me claiming that "because Weinstein did X, who cares that Ben did Y". That didn't happen in a single thing I typed. 

I used Weinstein to show that the statement about Hollywood and Ben and the NFL didnt make any sense, full stop. 

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

It's a business.  I know you know that.

Still a criminal justice problem.  He was never found guilty of a crime.  Had he been, things would likely have been different.

Accusations =/= Convictions.  We may not like uncertainty, we may have strong opinions on what we think happened, but we fans will never know.  That is why we have courts and cops, to prove criminal acts beyond a reasonable doubt.

Right. Because the criminal justice system is so even handed and fair, and the rich or famous don’t exert any undue favorable influence. Good Lord. 

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Here is a fun question for you, I'd love to hear your answer:

Where is Harvey Weinstein located right now while the NFL is getting measurements for Big Ben's gold jacket?

I'm not answering anything.  Take your unbridled fury, and go put it where it belongs. 

Hint:  That's not me, or JT, or anyone else on JN.

I'll repeat myself this last time:  I think Ben did it, and should have paid the criminal consequences for it.  I have been one of the loudest and most consistent people here about the horrible double standard of famous people (including NFL players) getting off/settling in ways average people cannot and should not.  I don't owe you piss all just because you're mad today.  I've been mad about this all along.  But I know it's not YOUR fault, so I'm not ranting at you about it like it is.

51 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'm not answering anything.  Take your unbridled fury, and go put it where it belongs. 

Hint:  That's not me, or JT, or anyone else on JN.

I'll repeat myself this last time:  I think Ben did it, and should have paid the criminal consequences for it.  I have been one of the loudest and most consistent people here about the horrible double standard of famous people (including NFL players) getting off/settling in ways average people cannot and should not.  I don't owe you piss all just because you're mad today.  I've been mad about this all along.  But I know it's not YOUR fault, so I'm not ranting at you about it like it is.

wtf?  lol   I legit have no idea what you're doing in this thread.   Where did this all come from?  

All I said was Big Ben and the NFL are scum and you have quite literally, gone off the rails and made this oddly personal for some strange reason.  lmfao 

I'm not mad homey, I'm laughing.  If I could pass you the bong, I would.  You need it.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

There nothing disgusting, I'm just telling you things you prefer not to hear. 

Your insinuation is that Hollywood is "turning a corner" and the NFL isnt. That's your opinion and your entitled to it, but there is nothing actually indicating that's happening. They just conveniently brushed everything else aside and decided to act like Weinstein marked the end to that era. 

The NFL at the very least continually gets involved in every incident that happens for better or worse, while you rarely see people in Hollywood taken to task. Weinstein being an extreme outlier. 

If they actually cared, Hitchcocks footprint would be scrubbed from every aspect of Los Angeles known to man. 

You also keep pointing to me claiming that "because Weinstein did X, who cares that Ben did Y". That didn't happen in a single thing I typed. 

I used Weinstein to show that the statement about Hollywood and Ben and the NFL didnt make any sense, full stop. 

I dont know in recent years Ive seen big names in Hollywood exposed and basically outcasted; Spacey, Cosbey, Piven, Tambor, Miller, Toback, C. Affleck all come to mind, kind of been washed out.  Anywho, I agree, it was a poor example even though to a certain degree it feels different.

As for the bold, you certainly did, at least, that's how I read that single comment you posted but if you didnt mean it that way, cool.  Maybe you notice how I'm saying I made a mistake?  I know, not very manly but I find it makes for a good conversation. 

33 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I dont know in recent years Ive seen big names in Hollywood exposed and basically outcasted; Spacey, Cosbey, Piven, Tambor, Miller, Toback, C. Affleck all come to mind, kind of been washed out.  Anywho, I agree, it was a poor example even though to a certain degree it feels different.

As for the bold, you certainly did, at least, that's how I read that single comment you posted but if you didnt mean it that way, cool.  Maybe you notice how I'm saying I made a mistake?  I know, not very manly but I find it makes for a good conversation. 

Maybe some wires were crossed somewhere but that's not at all what I was saying. 

My overarching point (leaving moral judgement aside) from the beginning, ties back to if he didnt get convicted, and the settlements were private, then why should it be brought up in his career retrospective?

We dont hold the same type of view reflecting upon Kobe Bryant's brilliant career, nor Peyton Manning's? Hell, Manning is all over the place and nobody bats an eyelash. 

Ben may very well have done it, but we can never know for 100% certain. Settlements dont neccesarily indicate guilt, and if they do, then Manning sexually assaulted a personal trainer at UT and he is the face of like 40 brands, and any year will be THE face of NFL broadcasting. 

3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Who got a 4-6 game suspension for doing nothing? I accept that I don't have all of them memorized.

Please don't change the goal posts. I've never said 'for nothing'. I said for players who are in situations that make the league look bad. 

You seem to think I'm saying something I'm not. The NFL so vigorously defends the image of the shield that if a player avoids legal repercussions, the NFL will still suspend them and gives the reason that they should not have ever been in a position that they could be accused of something. 

The bottom line is the league does not care if someone is actually innocent if they put themselves in a position to look guilty. 

Again, I am not saying any particular player was innocent. Ben certainly wasn't. 

However, DJ Fluker. His official suspension reason is undisclosed. 

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

wtf?  lol   I legit have no idea what you're doing in this thread.   Where did this all come from?  

All I said was Big Ben and the NFL are scum and you have quite literally, gone off the rails and made this oddly personal for some strange reason.  lmfao 

I'm not mad homey, I'm laughing.  If I could pass you the bong, I would.  You need it.

Given this reply, I think you may have toked enough as it is.  Reread the thread, maybe it’ll make more sense. Or don’t.

3 hours ago, Gen X Jet said:

He's lucky he had fat lazy unprepared Rex and Barf "Can't Wait" Scott as his adversaries in the 2010 season AFC Championship Game, whose heroic lay down effort in the first half allowed him to give Rodgers his only Super Bowl victory.  Ugh.

Fixed

Rex hadn’t finished cleaning the jism from his hand after beating the Pats that he forgot to prepare for the Steelers. 

He is NOT HC material.   

I once saw a fat cheeked guy about my age in a stupid sweater with 2 smoking hot girls in a Las Vegas airport sitting in chairs facing me waiting for flights out. 

All 3looked very tired and the dude looked like a DBag full of himself expecting them to let him be the center of the world.  The girls went along with it. 

“He’s got to be really rich or something.  Oh, it’s Ben Roethisberger.” It was after the motorcycle crash.  He was still frequently discussed in the news for a comeback potential.

True story.  I did not tell him a joke about the Jets.