Stephen Ross offered Brian Flores $100,000 for each game he lost/ Flores also suing Giants for racism

Rhg1084

I have a question. Its in jest, but  not really:

If we are worrying about head coaches matching population demographic numbers, why cant white players complain that they are not represented enough AS PLAYERS? Shouldn’t it work both way to be fair? If players are only 25% white shouldnt the NFL take measures to level that playing field as well?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tranquilo said:

Without the Rooney Rule, Mike Tomlin wouldn't have been the Steelers coach.

The Giants haven't even had a black coach in their team's history. Which is nuts. 

Why do the Giants need to have a black coach?  This is what I'm talking about.  People worry about race too much when it's just a skin color and not indicative of who a person is.  

Just now, BallinPB said:

Why do the Giants need to have a black coach?  This is what I'm talking about.  People worry about race too much when it's just a skin color and not indicative of who a person is.  

If people didn't worry about race, you'd see more black coaches.

1 minute ago, HighPitch said:

I have a question. Its in jest, but  not really:

If we are worrying about head coaches matching population demographic numbers, why cant white players complain that they are not represented enough AS PLAYERS? Shouldn’t it work both way to be fair? If players are only 25% white shouldnt the NFL take measures to level that playing field as well?

What leadership metrics are comparable to on the field metrics and data? You are comparing apples and oranges. 

What does this have to do with the conversation?

I just told you it was a separate conversation lol. The process to purchase a team is to be a billionaire. How one becomes a billionaire so you can own a NFL team is an entirely separate convo. 

14 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

When someone screams racism when it's not as clear cut as that.  There are many things that go into a hiring process and to just say it's racist that someone doesn't hire you bothers me when it's complex.  

The number of things that have been declared racist in this country grows by the day.

Math, a boulder in Wisconsin, the American flag, not being anti-racist enough, the "F" grade, a Master Bedroom, things that offend someone now that didn't offend yesterday.  

Cheapens what is real actual hurtful racism. There is enough of it to go around such that it's doesn't need to be cheapened.  

My parents were from the old country, lived in a ghetto in the Bronx, were treated like trash and had some pretty hard thoughts.  We never passed any of that on to our children.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Peace Frog said:

The number of things that have been declared racist in this country grows by the day.

Math, a boulder in Wisconsin, the American flag, not being anti-racist enough, the "F" grade, a Master Bedroom, things that offend someone now that didn't offend yesterday.  

Cheapens what is real actual hurtful racism. There is enough of it to go around such that it's doesn't need to be cheapened.  

My parents were from the old country, lived in a ghetto in the Bronx, were treated like trash and had some pretty hard thoughts.  We never passed any of that on to our children.  

It grow by day because people have more freedom to call it out now.

The only reason why the country didn't seem divided before (hundreds of years) is because only white people had a voice.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Just now, Peace Frog said:

Conjured up by white libs and black radicals who shout why my family should feel that calling it "master" bedroom is racist.  Craziness I tell you.  

3 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

What leadership metrics are comparable to on the field metrics and data? You are comparing apples and oranges. 

Honest question -- can you name some black coaches who you feel were superior candidates for jobs but were looked over because of the color of their skin?  The reason I ask is because I 100% support the idea that race/gender shouldn't exclude someone from a position, but 100% disagree that race/gender should be the reason why someone gets a position (like our current SC nominees) . . .

16 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Not for owners. Which is my point.

sure you can. here is the breakdown

20 nfl teams are owned by whites. 60% of the US population 60% of nfl ownership roughly 25% of nfl players

0 nfl teams are owned by blacks 13% of the US population 0% of nfl ownership roughly 70% of nfl players

10 nfl teams are owned by jews 2% of the US population 30% of nfl ownership less than 1% of nfl players

1 line seems to be right in line

1 line seems to be way under represented

1 line seems to be way over represented

stop blaming the good ol boys club for inequities

8 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Why do the Giants need to have a black coach?

They don't.

They simply have to interview minority (not black, minority) candidates explicitly because the NFL has a long history of abject racial bias in hiring for Head Coach and Front Office positions.

The intent of the rule is good and valid.  

The implementation is poop, and leads to exactly the problem we see of sham interviews to check off the box, not the real goal of opening up opportunities to candidates who have, historically by this league, been excluded because of their race or ethnicity.

• Upvote 2

I’m sad for Flores that he felt this was the move.   He seemed to be a hot commodity, but nobody in the NFL should hire him now.  

Airing dirty laundry has never been something I’ve considered doing and I wouldn’t want to work with someone who had.  The tanking discussion going public is the end to his career.  

Calling out institutionalized racism is “ airing dirty laundry?”

Guess black folk should just be quiet and let it be business as usual.

Then again you’re from Utah, a huge faction of the LDS once parroted black skin was a curse from God lol

1 minute ago, ylekram said:

sure you can. here is the breakdown

20 nfl teams are owned by whites. 60% of the US population 60% of nfl ownership roughly 25% of nfl players

0 nfl teams are owned by blacks 13% of the US population 0% of nfl ownership roughly 70% of nfl players

10 nfl teams are owned by jews 2% of the US population 30% of nfl ownership less than 1% of nfl players

1 line seems to be right in line

1 line seems to be way under represented

1 line seems to be way over represented

stop blaming the good ol boys club for inequities

Did you even read that paragraph he was referring to? You're going off into a racist tangent that makes no sense and has nothing to do with what I said.

2 hours ago, oatmeal said:

This is the same trash people do to Hollywood whistle blowers.

And people wonder why some are scared to speak the truth of what happens behind the curtains in these large businesses.

Let's see the evidence. Whistleblowers usually have that. 

I don't know. At least 1/3.

Yeah I think that's crazy.  If you want to it to be aligned with the population of the country then the answer should be 4.  I don't think it should be aligned with the league because it's not like its a requirement for you to play in the league to become a coach.  I disagree with any quota though as once again I believe putting emphasis on skin color is stupid.  

4 minutes ago, OCCH23 said:

Honest question -- can you name some black coaches who you feel were superior candidates for jobs but were looked over because of the color of their skin?  The reason I ask is because I 100% support the idea that race/gender shouldn't exclude someone from a position, but 100% disagree that race/gender should be the reason why someone gets a position (like our current SC nominees) . . .

Well, that's why they're trying to change things. Because being white seems to help.

1 minute ago, BallinPB said:

Yeah I think that's crazy.  If you want to it to be aligned with the population of the country then the answer should be 4.  I don't think it should be aligned with the league because it's not like its a requirement for you to play in the league to become a coach.  I disagree with any quota though as once again I believe putting emphasis on skin color is stupid.  

It should align close to the NFL population. I think it's crazy that black people aren't seen as leaders or coaches in a sport they know.

If you think putting an emphasis on skin color is stupid, why don't you think mostly white coaches is stupid? Cause it seems like these owners are putting an emphasis on skin color.

1 minute ago, Tranquilo said:

It should align close to the NFL population. I think it's crazy that black people aren't seen as leaders or coaches in a sport they know.

If you think putting an emphasis on skin color is stupid, why don't you think mostly white coaches is stupid? Cause it seems like these owners are putting an emphasis on skin color.

Out of curiosity- should these practices be implemented across the board? eg Should teachers reflect their students? The scale of female to male teachers is pretty skewed. 

Because I don't put any emphasis on skin color which is why I don't care that it's mostly white coaches.  I do not believe owners are not hiring the candidates because they are black.  I believe they are hiring the best candidates because they want to win no matter their skin color.  

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Out of curiosity- should these practices be implemented across the board? eg Should teachers reflect their students? The scale of female to male teachers is pretty skewed. 

dont forget prison systems are 90% male

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The implementation is poop, and leads to exactly the problem we see of sham interviews to check off the box, not the real goal of opening up opportunities to candidates who have, historically by this league, been excluded because of their race or ethnicity.

I'm curious (because the Rooney Rule, as currently implemented, doesn't cut it):

How can the NFL improve the Rooney rule, as it is currently written and enforced? What, specifically, can be done to enact meaningful change?

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

They're trying to change that too. I know this is hard for you to believe, but black, latino, and asian children like to see themselves in education and on TV. Not just white kids.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Calling out institutionalized racism is “ airing dirty laundry?”

Guess black folk should just be quiet and let it be business as usual.

Then again you’re from Utah, a huge faction of the LDS once parroted black skin was a curse from God lol

Speaking of bigotry 

yeah he is talking about tanking and whatever he’s got