Saquon Barkley

OMA

6 hours ago, slats said:

Like others have said, it’ll come down to money and I just don’t think the RB position is where this regime plans to spend it. I’d like to add a veteran back, not sure if he’s the one, but this team has done very well with reclamation projects in the past. I doubt his price tag has come down as far as JD or I might prefer, lol. 

well maybe you and JD can have a little sit down and figure out a way to make it happen 

7 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

If the money was right I would 100% entertain it. He’d be 1B behind Carter and could take 10-15 touches a game off his hand. Hopefully with that workload he would be able to stay healthier, since the Giants used him as a 3 down back.

With that said, backup RB comes with backup money. So I think that’s where the idea gets cut off

Lol at Barkley being “behind” Carter.
I like Carter, but he’d be the one spelling Saquon if he came here.

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I like Carter, but he’d be the one spelling Saturn if he came here.

Carter is a nice player but if you think he's going to be the number one guy he will be worn out and done before his career even begins to take off. He is not an every down back and never will be. We need another back with similar skills and with a little more size we can use to attack the middle of the defense Carter in not that guy and can not take that pounding. A good fit or example of a good fit would be a guy built like Leonard Fornette a big player who can pound the defense and catch a pass and block for the QB.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Carter is a nice player but if you think he's going to be the number one guy he will be worn out and done before his career even begins to take off. He is not an every down back and never will be. We need another back with similar skills and with a little more size we can use to attack the middle of the defense Carter in not that guy and can not take that pounding. A good fit or example of a good fit would be a guy built like Leonard Fornette a big player who can pound the defense and catch a pass and block for the QB.

I agree 100%

I also got a good laugh noticing spell check changed Saquon to Saturn in my post. I just noticed that when you quoted me. ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Drums said:

We'd be lucky to get 2 games out of him at 100%

Everyone, we are the Jets, one of the most injured teams. Why the hell are any of you sitting here thinking an oft injured player is going to suddenly play healthy for us of all teams?

I’d take my chances with Saquon rather than Ty Johnson or whoever the heck else we have at RB besides MC 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

If the money was right I would 100% entertain it. He’d be 1B behind Carter and could take 10-15 touches a game off his hand. Hopefully with that workload he would be able to stay healthier, since the Giants used him as a 3 down back.

With that said, backup RB comes with backup money. So I think that’s where the idea gets cut off

That’s the funniest thing I’ve heard all week.  Barkley would be behind carter? Barkley is an all world talent who has been stuck behind an awful line with awful qb play since he has been in the league. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gutter is a tool said:

That’s the funniest thing I’ve heard all week.  Barkley would be behind carter? Barkley is an all world talent who has been stuck behind an awful line with awful qb play since he has been in the league. 

And Darnold would have been MVP if he had the great wall of Dallas and passcatchers

In this league you make yourself a star, not the other way around. If you can't, you become a player like Saquon Barkley.

2 minutes ago, Hex said:

And Darnold would have been MVP if he had the great wall of Dallas and passcatchers

In this league you make yourself a star, not the other way around. If you can't, you become a player like Saquon Barkley.

So if Barkley somehow came to the jets do you think he would be behind Carter in the pecking order?

8 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

I’d take my chances with Saquon rather than Ty Johnson or whoever the heck else we have at RB besides MC 

Glad you're not GM. Ty Johnson is terrible but I still don't want Barkley. I'd rather JD explores other options that can actually play and get on the field. Barkley has noodle ankles.

16 hours ago, OMA said:

Anyone interested in Jets taking a look at this guy should our friends decide to cut bait.  There is obvious potential and he could be a great pick up under this system.  I am not getting into contracts but this would not strike me as a Leveon Bell type situation and think the contract would be more incentive and team friendly (and cheaper).

OK, fire away... not expecting much support on this one.

Why in the world would the Giants  want to cut this guy? I really want to hear this. What is it that wouldake them part ways with Barkley? He is running behind an awful  OL and looks decent doing it. 

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Why in the world would the Giants  want to cut this guy? I really want to hear this. What is it that wouldake them part ways with Barkley? He is running behind an awful  OL and looks decent doing it. 

he is making 7 mil this year, and FA next year i believe. If you are not going to resign him, it makes sense to entertain trade offers.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The is 0 chance that Joe Douglas has any interest in trading for Saquon Barley.  We will be drafting a thunder back to go along with Michael Carters lightning in the 2nd or 3rd round of this draft.

Jet fans listen to what your GM tells you and we wont have to start silly threads like this.

I agree this is a silly thread but Barkley actually checks the boxes for the type of FA'S JD signs. 

8 hours ago, Gutter is a tool said:

So if Barkley somehow came to the jets do you think he would be behind Carter in the pecking order?

I know sure as crap Darnold would be behind Wilson in the pecking order, and Barkley has not shown that he has any more value relative to his position than Darnold does. So, yes. If Barkley was willing to come to the Jets and get paid backup money, then he would be a backup. But he isn't willing to do that, so it won't happen.

10 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I like Carter, but he’d be the one spelling Saquon if he came here.

Based on what from Barleys last two seasons?  

2018 and 1300 yards were a long time ago.  I dont care what his name is, hes not a #1 back to most teams, if traded.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Drums said:

We'd be lucky to get 2 games out of him at 100%

Everyone, we are the Jets, one of the most injured teams. Why the hell are any of you sitting here thinking an oft injured player is going to suddenly play healthy for us of all teams?

He’s got superstar level talent.  He might do better and stay healthier in a workload sharing backfield.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Based on what from Barleys last two seasons?  

2018 and 1300 yards were a long time ago.  I dont care what his name is, hes not a #1 back to most teams, if traded.

You could be right, but I disagree, sorry.
I give him a big pass for last season based on him coming off ACL surgery.

I’m not knocking Carter, I like him. I just don’t think he’s a feature back or on Barkley’s level athletically.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

You could be right, but I disagree, sorry.
I give him a big pass for last season based on him coming off ACL surgery.

I’m not knocking Carter, I like him. I just don’t think he’s a feature back or on Barkley’s level athletically.

Injuries count.  Mr Gold Jacket has had one good season and lots of questions.  A huge question if he wants to be paid like a top back

52 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Injuries count.  Mr Gold Jacket has had one good season and lots of questions.  A huge question if he wants to be paid like a top back

We’re talking production, and ability. Not salary. I wouldn’t pay Barkley top dollar either.

BTW You do realize Carter was injured last year also, no?

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

We’re talking production, and ability. Not salary. I wouldn’t pay Barkley top dollar either.

BTW You do realize Carter was injured last year also, no?

Carter has nothing to do with Saquan.  But he played more games and averaged more yards per than Saquan as a rookie 4th round pick, not the 2nd overall pick.  And Carter it’s in a cheap stop rookie deal.  
He hasn’t been injured 3 of 4 seasons and has rehabbed his knee longer than Becton.  

During the darnold draft I wanted Barkley. Some might recall this odd discussion. I just believed that a star rb would do more for the next qb than darnold (or baker or whatever qb we were discussing) would do without any stars on offense at all. 

It's been some years but we are essentially in the same place: young qb and no real stars on offense. Maybe Elijah Moore. But a Barkley/Carter tandem could be nasty. And having gamebreakers at rb would absolutely help Zach.

All it really costs is money. But this probably won't happen because the Jets tend to avoid the expensive side of the wine list 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

?

The first post you quoted was one where people were talking about signing Saquon to pair him with Carter.
So in this case? Yes, he does have something to do with him.

And I said I wouldn’t take Saquan.  Because Saquan is a bust.  Which has absolutely nothing to do with Carter

Add in the first post I quoted was YOU claiming that Carter will be the one spelling Saquan.  I have no idea what you are talking about.  Giants fans are too defensive

?

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And I said I wouldn’t take Saquan.  Because Saquan is a bust.  Which has absolutely nothing to do with Carter

?

I wouldn't quite call Saquon a bust. He had 2,000 total yards and 15 TDs as a rookie. 

He has since played behind an awful offensive line, with a horrible QB, even worse coaching staff and tore his acl. 

I am not advocating for trading for the guy, but to me a bust is a guy that comes to the league and is just bad from day 1 like Vernon Gholston, Denzel Mims, Josh Rosen etc... Saquon showed that he was an elite RB prospect as a rookie. Whether his body is still capable of that is a different question. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I wouldn't quite call Saquon a bust. He had 2,000 total yards and 15 TDs as a rookie. 

He has since played behind an awful offensive line, with a horrible QB, even worse coaching staff and tore his acl. 

I am not advocating for trading for the guy, but to me a bust is a guy that comes to the league and is just bad from day 1 like Vernon Gholston, Denzel Mims, Josh Rosen etc... Saquon showed that he was an elite RB prospect as a rookie. Whether his body is still capable of that is a different question. 

And 3 years of nothing close to that 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Add in the first post I quoted was YOU claiming that Carter will be the one spelling Saquan.  I have no idea what you are talking about.  Giants fans are too defensive

?

Lol. I guess we’re done here. You’re resorting to childish insults now. I expected better of you.

Going down the peace frog road isn’t a good look for you.