Becton haters: Mr Green Bean has an opinion

Bronx

He had knee surgery. The maximum down time for that surgery is 8 weeks. He misses close to the entire season. It has nothing to do with being a whiner. It's showing a legit concern that there's  something going on here that we don't have a handle on. He hurt his foot in the off season, healed up, and was getting beat like a dru. In training camp. This isn't whining. It's a legit concern about a guy we drafted to be our franchise LT.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, JTJet said:

Two things can be true at the same time. 

I can think he's a lazy overweight guy that will prove to be a wasted pick. 

AND...

Want that lazy overweight guy to get it together and be a dominant force. 

wool fork was way overweight and and a lazy F**k in jets fans eye but was a darn good nose tackle.  i just want becton to play like we all know he's capable of.

• Upvote 2

I never said I hated him.  I don't know him.  I said he has to graduate kindergarten before he can move on to other things like being a dependable and productive employee of the NY Jets.  

This was a wasted pick. 

I want Ickey.  Sadly, I'm sure I'm not the only one that realizes he is the best player in the draft,  It may very well be that the Lions take him at 2 or the Texans take him at 3.  That would leave Evan Neal for the Jets at 4.

I WANT Ickey, but I know those other teams out there aint blind.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

4 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

What is with these mentally weak individuals on here who can't stand the thought of people pointing out issues?

Like we all have to pretend that the Jets are the best team in football so they don't cut themselves now?

"You don't think GVR was a superstar?  Let's see you play OL!"

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

99pct of Jets fans are rooting for Becton to get things figured out whether it's for the jets or to improve his trade stock. This forum is filled with miserable SOJFs that got suckered into buying PSLs and are now bitter and angry at every player that underperforms out of the gate. 

100% of Jets fans want Becton to figure it out. 

And he did not underperform out of the gate - he arrived in this league in shape, motivated, and prepared.  

But for season 2? He showed up like he had spent 5 straight months partying. His season was over before halftime of week 1.

And that was inexcusable - so now, as a fan, when it comes to Becton I'm reduced to hope, not confidence.  

• Upvote 2

Becton had a freak injury beyond his control and sometimes recovery from injuries take more time than expected. Mike Trout had a calf strain in May and was supposed to be out 6 weeks. He missed the rest of the season. Does anyone think it was because he was lazy? Recovery time is an estimate,sometimes it doesn't go as planned. I'm not giving up on Becton. Guy showed he could play his rookie year. 

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, NamathToSauer said:

Becton had a freak injury beyond his control and sometimes recovery from injuries take more time than expected. 

Athletic injuries, for the most part, are freak and beyond an athlete's control.

Showing up to training camp overweight and unable to fully participate (ie, useless) is 100% within an athlete's control. He did that and the result speaks for itself. 

Now he wants to prove his doubters wrong? Kind of pathetic,  if hurt feelings are a primary motivation. 

I wish his motivation was to compete as a pro athlete and viewed defensive linemen as his primary enemies. We'd be blessed as fans and there would be no ceiling to his career. 

Why the heck is he attacking Jets fans?

Yes I support the kid, i'm rooting for him to be amazing but it's undeniable that HIS COACHES publicly expressed disappointment and concern about him. So because i'm disappointed and concerned as a result (until Becton proves us wrong and changes) i'm not a real Jets fan??? 

Sorry, this is an idiotic take.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I'm not at all concerned about his conditioning.  I am concerned about him tapping out of games, missing a whole year on an injury that was not supposed to a whole year injury and getting beat like a rented mule last training camp.

This.

I don't recall anything coming out of camp last year that his conditioning was a problem. 

He was just getting his ass kicked by pretty much everyone who lined up against him.  

• Upvote 1