Deebo what? Rumor?

53 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Douglas made an offer you cant accept. It was a favor from saleh so the 49ers could start a bidding war.

Jets had 0 interest in Samuel hence the insulting offer.

Where did you read this? I saw nothing of the sort teported like that. 

7 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Where did you read this? I saw nothing of the sort teported like that. 

Its just what I think based on the laughable offer Douglas made.  Joe wasnt serious about acquiring deebo.  That offer was insulting.

I also think he might of done the same thing with the Cheifs to drive up the price for hill on the dolphins.

You notice he leaked out he was interested in every receiver yet did not get any of them?

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its just what I think based on the laughable offer Douglas made.  Joe wasnt serious about acquiring deebo.  That offer was insulting.

I also think he might of done the same thing with the Cheifs to drive up the price for hill on the dolphins.

You notice he leaked out he was interested in every receiver yet did not get any of them?

Maybe next time say this is my opinion of what happened instead of posting it as fact. 

And personally if JD did what you said, he's  a moron. The 9ers have been on record  saying they don't  want to trade Deebo. Making a one sided offer like that doesn't make Douglas look very smart if they already don't  want to trade him. 

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Ok, that was crazy if Douglas offered 10, a 5th for Samuel  and a 2nd

well like the guy in the video said nobody knows more what Samuel is worth besides the 49ers then the Jets do with Saleh and LaFleur. they know something we dont

That being said this is so typical for the Pats. Watchful waiting for things to fall into their lap. SF blew it, teams know they are in a fix and now Deebo will come at a relative bargain. The only thing I don’t know is whether Patriots can afford him but I’m sure they would get a discount at that end too

I believe OBJ.

Deebo to the Pats makes a ton of sense.  They just had, IMO, a bad draft.

I'm sure BB did't love getting absolutely embarrassed by the Bills in the playoffs.

BB isn't one to mortgage the future - but he's getting old and maybe also starting to realize his past draft mistakes were always masked by the GOAT.    If the Pats want to compete this year a Deebo type is necessary. 

3 hours ago, Cyberjet said:

That being said this is so typical for the Pats. Watchful waiting for things to fall into their lap. SF blew it, teams know they are in a fix and now Deebo will come at a relative bargain. The only thing I don’t know is whether Patriots can afford him but I’m sure they would get a discount at that end too

I'm sure the Pats aren't the only contending team to come out of the draft without the WR they hoped to land.  They'll be competition for Deebo and SF seems committed to getting the proper value or keeping him.   

I don't see a discount coming on the trade comp or the price they'll have to pay.

3 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Some times, the best trade is the one you didn’t do.

Yes, but I would like to see the Jets go and spend some of that Deebo money on remaining free agents.  There are a couple of good ones out there that can really help this team.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

I'm sure the Pats aren't the only contending team to come out of the draft without the WR they hoped to land.  They'll be competition for Deebo and SF seems committed to getting the proper value or keeping him.   

I don't see a discount coming on the trade comp or the price they'll have to pay.

Plus maybe I’m not seeing this correctly but Deebo seems to want to at least modestly dictate how he’s used as far as rush vs pass. Pretty sure the culture in New England is literally the exact opposite of that. They want guys who do exactly what they want them to, damn motto is something like,” do your job!” Deebo is not going to the Patriots.

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Plus maybe I’m not seeing this correctly but Deebo seems to want to at least modestly dictate how he’s used as far as rush vs pass. Pretty sure the culture in New England is literally the exact opposite of that. They want guys who do exactly what they want them to, damn motto is something like,” do your job!” Deebo is not going to the Patriots.

Yes, this would feel a bit desperate coming from BB...But he just might be.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I believe OBJ.

Deebo to the Pats makes a ton of sense.  They just had, IMO, a bad draft.

I'm sure BB did't love getting absolutely embarrassed by the Bills in the playoffs.

BB isn't one to mortgage the future - but he's getting old and maybe also starting to realize his past draft mistakes were always masked by the GOAT.    If the Pats want to compete this year a Deebo type is necessary. 

If the 49ers were 'insulted' by the jets offer of number 10 and  a 5th for deebo and 61 then there is nothing the pats can give outside of a 1st and 2nd next year to get him... And even that I think they say no because they get no immediate replacement for deebo... 

This was OBJ just ******* with deebo... 

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes, this would feel a bit desperate coming from BB...But he just might be.

No way dude. NE typically let those high priced guys go with tread on the wheels just like this. Yet, they did drop crazy money in FA on those two TE’s last year and they realize the limitations of what they have at QB, so maybe. But San Fran wanted more than we would give, I assume they want more than Bill will give. I don’t see why all of a sudden “San Fran” is desperate, not sure they were ever planning to trade him for less than a Jamal Adam’s haul. I’m guessing they will eventually work  it out and keep him. 

2 things are going to happen very soon in the nfl.  Paying big money and trading for wrs is going to fall out of favor as its clear they are becoming a dime a dozen and you can find great ones for cheap in the draft.

The 2nd thing is this thought that “rb can be found in the 4th or 5th round so dont spend a premium pick on one” will die.  Elite rb are going to start going in the 1st round of the draft snd be very important to teams.

Joe Douglas is ahead of the curve on this and its brilliant!

13 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Douglas made an offer you cant accept. It was a favor from saleh so the 49ers could start a bidding war.

Jets had 0 interest in Samuel hence the insulting offer.

Douglas had a great draft. In another thread I said I wasn't going to do this anymore.  You forced my hand.welcome-to-fantasy-island.gif.3299be0d9932c9a14540e49ebcfae894.gif